Build NMI81C

Search This thread

mrcooter

I'm on Sprint as well and no update. I really thought it would come soon since there aren't many ph-1 devices out there.
Fellow Sprint user here. As long as you have a computer, I would suggest sideloading the update instead of waiting. From my past experiences it's just Sprint. Takes forever for them to actually push any update. Nothing to do with number of devices. It was super easy and took all of 5 minutes instead of waiting weeks for Sprint to get with it.

Reactions: Tikerz and EVOSerb

elkay

Apr 6, 2005
github.com
I wouldn't recommend sideloading NMJ03B. It's possible that it would take you off the normal update cycle and force you to sideload updates from that point forward, or worse, not be compatible with the next mainstream OTA and prevent you from updating at all until we get a system image.

Reactions: cam30era

Cyberdramon

Dec 26, 2008
I'm on build NMI51C/306. I've attempted to sideload this update but I get the following errors after transferring the update.
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
Update package verification took 17.5 s (result 1).
E: Signature verification failed
E: error 21
E: unknown volume for path [ /cache/recovery/uncrypt_status ]
Installation Aborted.

maltydog

Apr 16, 2011
I am on the Sprint version, and am trying to sideload this OTA. No luck so far.

QUOTE=elkay;74040767]Yes, you can.

Get the Google USB drivers and install them:

https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb.html

I downloaded the file, but I cannot figure out how to install the usb driver. I don't see any one file to install. Not sure I need them, though, as my computer definitely recognizes my PH-1 phone.

Get the Google platform tools and unzip them to a new folder:

https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools.html

I did this.

Enable Developer Options on the phone and enable USB Debugging (look it up).

Did this. Not a problem for me. I have had Samsung phones before and am used to doing this for Odin updates.

Plug your phone into the computer. Let it install any drivers it needs. Reboot if asked, or perhaps do so anyway.

There were no new drivers installed. I did reboot the phone.

Open a command prompt at the unzipped platform tools (hold shift and right click to get the option).
When you say command prompt, is a powershell prompt okay? That's the option I get in Windows 10 64 bit when I shift/right click a folder.

Copy the OTA zip to this folder. For simplicity, rename the file to ota.zip.
Did this.

Issue the following command to make sure your device is seen:

adb devices

You should see your device id listed. If not, perhaps try rebooting and issue the command again.
It showed up as a long name, beginning PM1LHME77 etc...

Reboot to recovery:

adb reboot recovery

that actually worked.

**OR**
Hold power and volume up while booting the phone.

You should see Andy laying down with an exclamation point popping out.
Yes , I saw that. also the words "no command" below the android image.

Hold power and press volume up.

From the menu, select 'Apply update from ADB'.

No menu appeared. When I held the power and volume up at this point, I got the same Android with No Command below it.

In the command prompt, type:

adb sideload ota.zip

I did not try this, since I was unable to get the menu to apply update.

Let it do its thing. It will install the OTA and reboot to finalize the installation.

I have tested this and it works fine on our phones.[/QUOTE]

Nov 2, 2016

I downloaded the file, but I cannot figure out how to install the usb driver. I don't see any one file to install. Not sure I need them, though, as my computer definitely recognizes my PH-1 phone.

I did this.

Did this. Not a problem for me. I have had Samsung phones before and am used to doing this for Odin updates.

Plug your phone into the computer. Let it install any drivers it needs. Reboot if asked, or perhaps do so anyway.

Open a command prompt at the unzipped platform tools (hold shift and right click to get the option).
When you say command prompt, is a powershell prompt okay? That's the option I get in Windows 10 64 bit when I shift/right click a folder.

Did this.

adb devices

You should see your device id listed. If not, perhaps try rebooting and issue the command again.

Reboot to recovery:

adb reboot recovery

that actually worked.
**OR**

No menu appeared. When I held the power and volume up at this point, I got the same Android with No Command below it.

adb sideload ota.zip

Let it do its thing. It will install the OTA and reboot to finalize the installation.

I have tested this and it works fine on our phones.
[/QUOTE]

Got my update today. Also on Sprint. No security patch for October as of yet though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171017-200738.png
    Screenshot_20171017-200738.png
    133.9 KB · Views: 394

maltydog

Apr 16, 2011

Got my update today. Also on Sprint. No security patch for October as of yet though.[/QUOTE]

Hey, you're right, mine is available now. Am updating right now. It's a relief, one of the reasons I got
this phone rather than another Samsung is that I was sick of waiting forever for Sprint updates.

Mdaly001

Mar 11, 2011
Google Pixel Fold
Anybody have issues with 360 Camera and smart security settings since updating to this build? My settings disappear every now and then (sometimes its there) and my 360 camera will not connect at all

bryanus

May 21, 2012
Has anyone that is rooted successfully flashed an OTA with FlashFire?

I'm already on the current 32F firmware, but am wondering how to handle the next OTA when it come out, preferably without having to flash the stock images to remove root and twrp.

rogconnect

Dec 16, 2010
Sin City
Anybody have issues with 360 Camera and smart security settings since updating to this build? My settings disappear every now and then (sometimes its there) and my 360 camera will not connect at all
I got this built when I got the 360 cam. It will not connect the blue led always ON. And I successfully updated the Cam with another PH 1 with Oreo3 which work fine. Going to ask for a replacement and see.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

awdrifter

Feb 11, 2012
Yes, you can.

adb devices

Reboot to recovery:

adb reboot recovery
**OR**

adb sideload ota.zip

I get the error "adb: sideload connection failed: no devices/emulators found
adb: trying pre-KitKat sideload method...
adb: pre-KitKat sideload connections failed: no devices/emulators found"

awdrifter

Feb 11, 2012
Make sure you have the latest USB drivers. Make sure "adb devices" lists your phone.

Thanks, but I got around it using a pretty convoluted way.

From my other post:
Updating to NMI81C and getting around the "adb: sideload connection failed: no devices/emulators found" error.
1.Download this ota update https://android.googleapis.com/pack.../19d4dd2871636b2bc9ee95445a3f208b0c0cf7e0.zip
2.Manually install it by booting into recovery mode (shut down the phone, then press and hold power down + power until you see the fell down Android logo, it should say "No Command")
3.Press power and hold it then press volume up button, now you should see some menu selection
4.Use the volumn buttons to select "Apply Update from ADB"
5.Plug in your phone to the PC (with Essential-PH1-WindowsDrivers.exe installed)
6.Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Essential\ADB
7.Copy the ota update downloaded in step 1 to this folder, rename it ota.zip
8.Hold shift and right click in an empty area in the folder, select "Open Command Window Here"
9.Type in "adb sideload ota.zip" without quotes, wait for the process to finish, your phone will reboot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can we at least push the OTA via ADB? System updates says I'm on the latest version...

Yes, you can.

adb devices

Reboot to recovery:

adb reboot recovery
    **OR**

adb sideload ota.zip

Here's the ota url: https://android.googleapis.com/pack.../19d4dd2871636b2bc9ee95445a3f208b0c0cf7e0.zip

Not much we can do with it, but there it is anyway.

I did this.

Did this.

adb devices

Reboot to recovery:

adb reboot recovery

that actually worked.
    **OR**

adb sideload ota.zip

[/QUOTE]

Got my update today. Also on Sprint. No security patch for October as of yet though.
    I'm on Sprint as well and no update. I really thought it would come soon since there aren't many ph-1 devices out there.
    Fellow Sprint user here. As long as you have a computer, I would suggest sideloading the update instead of waiting. From my past experiences it's just Sprint. Takes forever for them to actually push any update. Nothing to do with number of devices. It was super easy and took all of 5 minutes instead of waiting weeks for Sprint to get with it.
    Just got the notification. Downloading and installing now.