• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Building Rom from Source for Redmi Note 9/10X Merlin

Search This thread

DavitidzeSh

Dec 3, 2020
Tbilisi, Georgia
Redmi Note 9
Bliss port
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1wLAJkQvqS0A8EtNbOpGUdmo4oO0XZnl3&export=download

Lineage port

CrDroid port

Shapeshift port

These are to be flashed with a certain vendor. MIUI 11.0.2 Indonesia.

Please check https://t.me/HelioG85_Updates if you want proof that I made these.
Is the CrDroid port any good? which device os it ported from?

c.whoopee

Feb 13, 2017
For downgrading

fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase vendor
fastboot reboot bootloader

(Fastboot reboot fastboot is important step, it reboots your phone to userspace fastboot where you can erase system and vendor which you can't in normal fastboot.)

For TWRP
fastboot flash recovery.img
fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot reboot recovery

Please note that for flashing PORTS by me, 11.0.2 Indonesia rom is needed. Link: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/merlin/stable/V11.0.2.0.QJOIDXM/

For flashing CUSTOM ROMS 12.0.2 Indonesia rom is needed.

In TWRP, before flashing the PORT you have to wipe DATA, DALVIK, CACHE and INTERNAL STORAGE.
(DO NOT FLASH MAGISK RIGHT AFTER THE ROM, DO AFTER FIRST BOOT)

please note that the links I provided need 11.0.2 Indonesia firmware, 12.0.1 is for CUSTOM ROMS, These are PORTS, not source built ROMS.
Another clarification, when you said PORTS you meant the roms that we're modified to work at a specific firmware such as Bliss and Shapeshift and CUSTOM ROMS are the ones provided by other modders such as Pixel Experience etc? If not, please add more info about it.

Note: Sorry for being nosy but I need it for additional research.

Communos

Oct 28, 2019
Paris
Xiaomi Redmi 5
Google Pixel 3 XL
Another clarification, when you said PORTS you meant the roms that we're modified to work at a specific firmware such as Bliss and Shapeshift and CUSTOM ROMS are the ones provided by other modders such as Pixel Experience etc? If not, please add more info about it.

Note: Sorry for being nosy but I need it for additional research.
Yeah, these are called ports because , GSI is for all devices with treble support, which means the System was not originally made for this device, but has been modified, and zipped with the vendor and other files which make it specifically for Note 9. Hence a GSI port .

The custom roms are built in the first place specifically for the device.

All of these you mentioned, Shapeshift, bliss, pixel experience are rom projects, but depends how you make it for your device, if you take an already existing generic image and modify it, it's called a PORT. If you build them on the server firsthand, it's called a ROM.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Friendly reminder from the moderation team:

Please stay on topic(custom rom), as this is not a discussion thread about general rom preferences like stock rom.

Thank you!

strongst
    Forum Moderator
    D
    Deleted member 9635294
    Is this a development thread or a discussion thread?
    Do you only like opinions same of your opinions?
    We only like opinions that is contributive according to the title: Building custom roms from source for the Device codenamed Merlin. This thread will become a development thread as soon as a dev posts information, eta or problem about building a rom.
    Then, I am sorry for calling out that this was a bust. I came here for information and to stop a senseless dispute by putting myself into it in the process. So in general, I need to erase system and vendor in order for me to flash the Indonesian fastboot rom. So, in your experience, what variant is your phone before you customized it?
    Global varient. Basically, the varient of the phone isn't important, the firmware that it's running is.

Before you go on to install custom roms and stuff, I'd recommend you to backup your IMEI for your own safety, just in case if your phone is bricked due to any mistake and needs format, you could restore IMEI back after wipe.

(Note to anyone who considers this is promotion: I do not own the YouTube channel and neither I'm affiliated with it by any means, and the video has not been monetized.)

Good luck flashing, let's forget the previous argument and move on :)
    But, why custom?
    I really prefer the original stock ROM and keep the system unchanged.
    So I love magisk, because I can root without having to modify the system.
    Together, Xposed, XprivacyLua, Adblocker and TitaniumBackup are all perfectly fine.
    D
    Deleted member 9635294
    But, why custom?
    I really prefer the original stock ROM and keep the system unchanged.
    So I love magisk, because I can root without having to modify the system.
    Together, Xposed, XprivacyLua, Adblocker and TitaniumBackup are all perfectly fine.
    MIUI lag like crap and drains battery crazy, at least on my phone.