• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General BUKG - Nov 2021 | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 26th Nov 2021

Search This thread

sswagonman

Nov 6, 2011
rockingham,wa
Anyone have any issues with apps installing in Android 12? Had a game installed before I updated and it was removed on the update and just won't install now. Also applying themes on telegram won't work. Yes I did do a factory reset

amirage

Sep 1, 2010
Dubai
OnePlus Nord N100
I was thinking that the Android 12 update caused the phone to not go into deep sleep as there could be some process running in the background --> battery drain. I installed CPU Spy reloaded and found that the phone slept like a baby when it's not in use. The frequencies were properly managed by the kernel. So basically, the software update that we got is plain ****. It seems Samsung was working on the last beta release of the A12 rather than the stable A12!! I even sent a message on Samsung members to which they replied their engineers are looking into the log. I'm sure those monkeys won't find anything wrong with the device as they won't look at the bigger picture - that the firmware itself is crap. I really hope Samsung releases a quick fix soon

Dum3

Feb 18, 2012
This firwmare is definatly a mess, facebook messenger gives the error that has stopped working like few times a day,a lot of times i have lag, some green animation and etc. I really have no idea how can you roll such a bad firmware without proper testing it before.

Sorry samsung , i will be switching to 13 pro max soon, tired of this crap. Even after A12 i still have lag in camera nad when exiting it, etc.

StefanMagu

Apr 12, 2021
I was experiencing issues with a mobile banking app. I could not acces the app to transfer money and it had to be done in that specific moment. I tried unninstalling the app, clearing cache and everything. I also called the bank and they said that the problem was not coming from them and opened some ticket thing, knowing the problem was with the app (sure it wasn t) . After 2 days i factory reset the phone and everything works fine now,except for some frame drops.

Last edited:
Anyone have any issues with apps installing in Android 12? Had a game installed before I updated and it was removed on the update and just won't install now. Also applying themes on telegram won't work. Yes I did do a factory reset

i also have same issue, i tried clead cache, and google play store & play service but can't resolve problem

I was thinking that the Android 12 update caused the phone to not go into deep sleep as there could be some process running in the background --> battery drain. I installed CPU Spy reloaded and found that the phone slept like a baby when it's not in use. The frequencies were properly managed by the kernel. So basically, the software update that we got is plain ****. It seems Samsung was working on the last beta release of the A12 rather than the stable A12!! I even sent a message on Samsung members to which they replied their engineers are looking into the log. I'm sure those monkeys won't find anything wrong with the device as they won't look at the bigger picture - that the firmware itself is crap. I really hope Samsung releases a quick fix soon

This firwmare is definatly a mess, facebook messenger gives the error that has stopped working like few times a day,a lot of times i have lag, some green animation and etc. I really have no idea how can you roll such a bad firmware without proper testing it before.

Sorry samsung , i will be switching to 13 pro max soon, tired of this crap. Even after A12 i still have lag in camera nad when exiting it, etc.

I updated without resetting and I've had no issues with any apps on the A12 BUK8 firmware, except for Parallel Space which doesn't run apps anymore but that apparently happens on all A12 running devices (including Pixel).

No issues with Telegram and FB Messenger but I don't use the other apps you mentioned.
No issues installing/updating apps via Play Store or Package Installer either.

Other than a little lag/frame drops, everything works the same for me as before, even battery life is the same.

🤷‍♂️

Reactions: sn809 and Lodix

amirage

Sep 1, 2010
Dubai
OnePlus Nord N100
FWIW, the screenshot just confirms my point. They answered half the question and that too unconvincingly.
1637841308407.png

Reactions: rippledrums

Lodix

Oct 2, 2013
I updated without resetting and I've had no issues with any apps on the A12 BUK8 firmware, except for Parallel Space which doesn't run apps anymore but that apparently happens on all A12 running devices (including Pixel).

No issues with Telegram and FB Messenger but I don't use the other apps you mentioned.
No issues installing/updating apps via Play Store or Package Installer either.

Other than a little lag/frame drops, everything works the same for me as before, even battery life is the same.

🤷‍♂️
Same

Reactions: rippledrums

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
@adamlee2012

Can you send these Screenshots to Samsung? They show how bad the performance and scrolling lag is with Android 12 on S21.

The Screenshot with the high spikes is from the S21 Ultra lol.

Embarassing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211125-204722_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211125-204722_YouTube.jpg
    657.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20211125-204725_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211125-204725_YouTube.jpg
    656.4 KB · Views: 67

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
@adamlee2012

Can you send these Screenshots to Samsung? They show how bad the performance and scrolling lag is with Android 12 on S21.

The Screenshot with the high spikes is from the S21 Ultra lol.

Embarassing.
No need. They are aware of the issue and are currently working on a fix. Be out soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211123-153159_Samsung Members.jpg
    Screenshot_20211123-153159_Samsung Members.jpg
    598.8 KB · Views: 52

Top Liked Posts