General FXCL - APR | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 8th April

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Do I need to download and install firmware sequentially from the version I am using now to the latest version?
I mean lets say I am on version1, then version 2 has big updates, latest version is version3.
If I skip ver2 and straight to update to ver3, does it mean that I will miss out on new features introduced in ver2?
Depending on method you are using to update.
In case of OTA updates, you won't have choice and needs to go for all updates you receive subsequently.
In case of Odin updates, you can straightway flash latest version irrespective of your current version.

Reactions: alvinezz
D

Deleted member 8730448

There are dedicated threads in this forum section tho you may struggle to go to it if you already updated to this November release, I guess we will see 12 for next months release.
Assuming that the beta program will follow the same trend as the previous one, me too imagine that the stable version will be released within the first week of December or earlier (precisely in conjunction with the usual release of monthly security patches).

alvinezz

Feb 16, 2009
If I flash manually via Odin, does it mean I won't ever get OTA again?
I am on AUHB 1 Aug security patch, XSA / Australia, which I manually flashed via Odin several months back.
Never received OTA afterwards..

How is Nov update btw?

StefanMagu

Apr 12, 2021
How's the new update? How's battery life?
As bad as the oct update in my opinion. I ve never had such a bad battery life with the latest 2 updates. I have just backed up my phone s data via smart switch and i am seriously thinking of factory resetting my phone. Maybe it s just some app or service whose eating a lot of battery.

Top Liked Posts