• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General BULF - January | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 5th Jan

Search This thread

amirage

Sep 1, 2010
Dubai
OnePlus Nord N100
Guys...I have been doing some calculations. Here's my screenshot... it says that I'm at 41% down from 85% (I'm using the in-built battery charge limiter). The SOT is at 200 mins. I.E. in 44% of battery usage, I have achieved 200 mins of SOT. So, wouldn't 100 to 0 mean 7.5 hours of SOT...sooo...is the battery life bad? Or are my calculations really off?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211129-181441_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-181441_Device care.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20211129-181441_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-181441_Device care.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 71
Guys...I have been doing some calculations. Here's my screenshot... it says that I'm at 41% down from 85% (I'm using the in-built battery charge limiter). The SOT is at 200 mins. I.E. in 44% of battery usage, I have achieved 200 mins of SOT. So, wouldn't 100 to 0 mean 7.5 hours of SOT...sooo...is the battery life bad? Or are my calculations really off?

looks quite good to me. I went from 85 to 45 with 1hr 38min SOT :ROFLMAO:

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I know I'm posting in the wrong place but can someone with the knowledge of modding apks to work with newer android versions fix this live wallpaper. The original cosmic flow wallpaper was modded and works perfectly but is limited to 6 colours. This one I have attached has loads more, @dr.ketan maybe you could help me. ☺️☺️ I'd be forever grateful.

Attachments

• cf_reaper_black.apk
    994.4 KB · Views: 26
Do you game a lot? My SOT includes normal browsing, emails and whatsapp...So, yes, if I game the battery life will never be like this...
No gaming at all. Just regular stuff. I do use two SIM cards though. Stand-by drain seems to have increased. Overall i feel the Android 11 battery was better.

As far as smoothness goes, overall i think things are much more buttery on Android 12, but there are those random jitters throughout the day that spoil the entire experience. They never completely go away.

I remember it took many months for A11 to reach its peak performance and stability on this phone, so for a first release of A12, it's not that bad and I'm hoping it will improve just like A11 did.

Surprisingly, i haven't faced a single stability or compatibility issue or crash, or any other bug so far except the WhatsApp video green line bug and some random graphic bugs like in the screenshot.

The only issue for me right now is the battery life.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211129-205630_Google Play services.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-205630_Google Play services.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: amirage

amirage

Sep 1, 2010
Dubai
OnePlus Nord N100
No gaming at all. Just regular stuff. I do use two SIM cards though. Stand-by drain seems to have increased. Overall i feel the Android 11 battery was better.

As far as smoothness goes, overall i think things are much more buttery on Android 12, but there are those random jitters throughout the day that spoil the entire experience. They never completely go away.

I remember it took many months for A11 to reach its peak performance and stability on this phone, so for a first release of A12, it's not that bad and I'm hoping it will improve just like A11 did.

Surprisingly, i haven't faced a single stability or compatibility issue or crash, or any other bug so far except the WhatsApp video green line bug and some random graphic bugs like in the screenshot.

The only issue for me right now is the battery life.
Yes, I think dual-sim does have its disadvantages. Again, I remember when I first got the phone on the release date, the battery drain was horrible but then over the course of 3 or 4 software iterations, the battery became amazing. So, yes, we need to give Android 12 it's time to be stable. Also, I think Android 12 reports battery drain differently compared to A11. In A11, I feel it's something like iOS where you r on 100% for a long time and then drop like a lead ball once it starts ticking down..but in A12, it's more aggressive...

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
I know I'm posting in the wrong place but can someone with the knowledge of modding apks to work with newer android versions fix this live wallpaper. The original cosmic flow wallpaper was modded and works perfectly but is limited to 6 colours. This one I have attached has loads more, @dr.ketan maybe you could help me. ☺️☺️ I'd be forever grateful.
can you link/attach original stock & modded both?

Orlaf

Nov 18, 2017
Italy
Honestly I installed BUKG from BUK8, but it's not much optimized...nevermind, to be honest it still sucks:

- Battery consumption is still high.
- Some animations glitches are still here and ugly lag, during fast app switching, drive me crazy everytime.
** Some remaining apps (Cloud, Wearable, Email) still have the old overscroll and loading animations.

I hope I don't have to wait for One Ui 4.1 to get something that works well.

Last edited:

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Honestly I installed BUKG from BUK8, but it's not much optimized...nevermind, to be honest it still sucks:

- Battery consumption is still high.
- Some animations glitches are still here, and ugly lag, during fast app switching, drive me crazy everytime.
** Some remaining apps (Cloud, Wearable, Email) still have the old overscroll and loading animations.

I hope I don't have to wait for One Ui 4.1 to get something that works well.
Yep it's got to be the software that's causing high battery consumption as my battery health is perfectly fine. Also if you check Gsam battery monitor and android system wakelocks. The camera service is at it still !!!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211130-182217_AccuBattery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211130-182217_AccuBattery.jpg
    690.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20211128-162502_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-162502_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 75

Top Liked Posts