• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General BULF - January | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 5th Jan

Search This thread

amirage

Sep 1, 2010
Dubai
OnePlus Nord N100
Guys, Android Auto is a mess...it has a mind of its own post A12. I don't know how to solve this. I tried different cables, cleared the app data, deleted the device from the car, and car from the device...yet it's very sporadic! Anyone has any working solutions?
Ok..so here's a stop-gap arrangement - connect the phone to the car, start the car and reboot the phone..AA should work as normal. In case, you disconnect the device in between, reboot the device..all should be normal.

Kelison

Jul 8, 2017
Firmware Android 12 | Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G SM-G998B

Doc: https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-G998B/ZTO/doc.html

Firmware Android 12 | Galaxy S21+ 5G SM-G996B

Doc: https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-G996B/ZTO/doc.html

Firmware Android 12 | Galaxy S21 5G SM-G991B

Doc: https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-G991B/ZTO/doc.html

Search for the latest firmware

zacchaeus

Oct 13, 2010
I'm using a grey market G991B/DS on the Virgin network in the UK. I've been using the BTU firmware, currently updated OTA to BUKG version, but I've never had any 5G reception (in areas where my wife's Virgin mobile has been getting it) nor VOIP/WiFi calling. Before I wipe and flash my phone again, does anyone have any experience of this with Virgin, please? I'm toying with using the O2 firmware next, given that Virgin (mostly) uses the O2 network.

Thanks in advance.

Orlaf

Nov 18, 2017
Italy

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211208-211725_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211208-211725_Settings.png
    212.8 KB · Views: 110
BUKG just dropped for XID. surprisingly i'm not encountering those app crashes, stutters or lags (or maybe i'm just blind :D) that folks here have been reporting. even when i was on BUK8. batt life too is almost the same as A11. glad that you can put most google apps/services to deep sleep via device care
You have incredible luck man. I envy you...😂

*I mean you can update it manually if its really a concern:

I read that this apk just changes the date of the system update without actually installing the new update. (this is why it is so small (20kb) and does not require the phone to be restarted.
I installed this apk a few days ago and then after rebooting, I went to the Google Play system update and it downloaded an extra 32MB update :)

Top Liked Posts

I was also thinking that there is something fishy with how slow the rollout of BULF was. They were probably being careful not to let a buggy update go wild. South East Europe (including me in Serbia) got it this morning.

I'm quite happy with this update. Nothing bad to report at this point.
    What I've learnt in these few months is that Germany is always first....the rest is a lottery!
    Anyone having issues accessing sites via 5G & 4G data on BULF?

Some sites dont load on 5G or 4G, while it works fine via wifi.. Also funny enough, if you switch from 5G/4G to 3G, the sites load fine..... Tested sim in another phone, 5G works fine.
    Still no new update,
    and someone here said it's just around the corner.
    We literally had one last week 🤣🤦 the test build won't be available for at least a week or 2 after the S22 series launches. The test build is One UI 4.1. mid February the next possible update. I'm not sure if we'll get one in between, possibly a bug fix for the mobile data issue some are facing, myself included.
    @joloxx9joloxx9 & @adamlee2012

Good day to you both. Just dropped in for a bit of thread cleaning and a friendly request. Both of you have been excellent and helpful members on XDA for many years now, and for that we are grateful. Having said that, I am politely asking both of you to please end this pointless feud here and now on the public forums. If you wish to malign and prod each other, please do so via PM's since this is not Mega, IG, Twitter or whatever other site you choose to use.

Please keep this thread on topic, and do not detract further from information that other members are asking and posting about.
    I greatly appreciate your cooperation, and wish everyone a pleasant day. Now back to your normally scheduled programming. (y) :cool:

-Regards: Badger50 SFSM
    Moderator announcement.

Thread cleaned of OT conversation and paid services links as per the following XDA Rules:

11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
    • Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
    • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software or commercial services, unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
    • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
    • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
    • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if both of the following conditions are met:
      A) The site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership, who actively maintains an XDA-Developers support thread(s) / posts, related to the download.
      B) The site is a relatively small, personal website without commercial advertising / links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)
    13. Advertising and Income Generation

Commercial advertising, advertising referral links, pay-per-click links, all forms of crypto-mining and other income generating methods are forbidden. Do not use XDA-Developers as a means to make money.
    Thank you for your cooperation, and a pleasant day to all.

-Regards: Badger50 FSM
    Please keep scam and phishing websites out of here. Thanks !
    Yep your right, im past caring. Might give one plus a go.

If you want to, that's fine.

But SPOILER ALERT : you're gonna find issues, if you look for them.

That's what I'm trying to make you people understand, you overthink all of this. Just use your phone and wait for the devs to update.

I was just like you, but today I've past this obsession of the efficiency. You are wasting too much time trying to mesure and compare.

But that's your time, use it the way you want ;-).
    Happy new year everyone!! 🎆🎆🎆
    In this thread, you can discuss and share the Mega links of new firmwares (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G!
    NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk

How to flash the firmware to your phone:

Odin.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.4
    3. Extract the Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder C:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin
    5. Power OFF your S21 Ultra 5G
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Connect USB-cable to your computer. Hold down "Volume up" and "Volume down" at same time. While holding down, connect the USB-cable to your phone. Or use the command "adb reboot-bootloader".
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes for the device to automatically restart.

*** You can always find the LATEST firmware in message #2

I have taken over these threads and they are dedicated to the memory of Henk, you can read more about him here:
    Thread cleaned. Just a friendly reminder to all. While a certain amount of OT discussion is usually always allowed on XDA, that does not condone starting a flame war based on one's
    opinion over another's. So please be respectful to each other, and please keep OT discussion equally respectful. Remember: "If You Can’t Say Something Nice, Don’t Say Anything at All." Is still a good rule to follow. Thank you for your cooperation, and a pleasant day to all.

-Regards: Badger50
    @joloxx9joloxx9 & @adamlee2012

Good day to you both. Just dropped in for a bit of thread cleaning and a friendly request. Both of you have been excellent and helpful members on XDA for many years now, and for that we are grateful. Having said that, I am politely asking both of you to please end this pointless feud here and now on the public forums. If you wish to malign and prod each other, please do so via PM's since this is not Mega, IG, Twitter or whatever other site you choose to use.

Please keep this thread on topic, and do not detract further from information that other members are asking and posting about.
    I greatly appreciate your cooperation, and wish everyone a pleasant day. Now back to your normally scheduled programming. (y) :cool:

-Regards: Badger50 SFSM
    Moderator announcement.

Thread cleaned of OT conversation and paid services links as per the following XDA Rules:

11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
    • Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
    • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software or commercial services, unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
    • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
    • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
    • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if both of the following conditions are met:
      A) The site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership, who actively maintains an XDA-Developers support thread(s) / posts, related to the download.
      B) The site is a relatively small, personal website without commercial advertising / links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)
    13. Advertising and Income Generation

Commercial advertising, advertising referral links, pay-per-click links, all forms of crypto-mining and other income generating methods are forbidden. Do not use XDA-Developers as a means to make money.
    Thank you for your cooperation, and a pleasant day to all.

-Regards: Badger50 FSM
    Multi-CSC Descriptions

The European model of the S21 Ultra 5G (SM-G998B) will get a Multi-CSC designated as OXM and that is the main focus of this particular thread but others can and will be discussed.

CountryProduct CodeMulti-CSC
    Afghanistan(AFG)OXM
    Albania(AVF)OXM
    Australia(XSA)OXM
    Australia(OPS)OXM
    Australia(TEL)OXM
    Australia(VAU)OXM
    Austria(DRE)OXM
    Austria(MOB)OXM
    Austria(MAX)OXM
    Austria(ATO)OXM
    Baltic(SEB)OXM
    Bulgaria(BGL)OXM
    Caucasus Countries(CAU)OXM
    Chile(CHO)OXM
    Croatia(CRO)OXM
    Croatia(VIP)OXM
    Czech Republic(XEZ)OXM
    Czech Republic(O2C)OXM
    Czech Republic(TMZ)OXM
    Czech Republic(VDC)OXM
    Egypt(EGY)OXM
    France(XEF)OXM
    France(BOG)OXM
    France(FTM)OXM
    France(SFR)OXM
    Germany(DBT)OXM
    Germany(DTM)OXM
    Germany(VD2)OXM
    Greece(EUR)OXM
    Greece(COS)OXM
    Greece(VGR)OXM
    Hungary(XEH)OXM
    Hungary(TMH)OXM
    India(INU)OXM
    Iraq(MID)OXM
    Ireland(TSI)OXM
    Ireland(MET)OXM
    Ireland(3IE)OXM
    Ireland(VDI)OXM
    Israel(ILO)OXM
    Italy(ITV)OXM
    Italy(HUI)OXM
    Italy(TIM)OXM
    Italy(OMN)OXM
    Kazakhstan(SKZ)OXM
    Kenya(AFR)OXM
    Kenya(DKR)OXM
    Lebanon(ILP)OXM
    Libya(BTC)OXM
    Luxembourg(LUX)OXM
    Macedonia(MBM)OXM
    Malaysia(XME)OXM
    Morocco(MWD)OXM
    Nepal(NPL)OXM
    Netherlands(PHN)OXM
    Netherlands(TNL)OXM
    Netherlands(VDF)OXM
    Nigeria(ECT)OXM
    Nordic countries(NEE)OXM
    Pakistan(PAK)OXM
    Panama(TPA)OXM
    Philippines(GLB)OXM
    Philippines(XTC)OXM
    Poland(XEO)OXM
    Poland(OPV)OXM
    Poland(PLS)OXM
    Poland(PRT)OXM
    Poland(TPL)OXM
    Portugal(MEO)OXM
    Portugal(TPH)OXM
    Portugal(TCL)OXM
    Romania(ROM)OXM
    Romania(COA)OXM
    Romania(ORO)OXM
    Romania(CNX)OXM
    Russia(SER)OXM
    Saudi Arabia(KSA)OXM
    Saudi Arabia(ACR)OXM
    Serbia(MSR)OXM
    Serbia(TOP)OXM
    Singapore(MM1)OXM
    Singapore(XSP)OXM
    Singapore(SIN)OXM
    Singapore(STH)OXM
    Slovakia(ORX)OXM
    Slovakia(ORS)OXM
    Slovakia(TMS)OXM
    Slovenia(SIO)OXM
    Slovenia(MOT)OXM
    Slovenia(SIM)OXM
    South Africa(XFE)OXM
    South Africa(XFA)OXM
    South Africa(XFV)OXM
    South East Europe(SEE)OXM
    Spain(PHE)OXM
    Spain(XEC)OXM
    Spain(AMO)OXM
    Spain(ATL)OXM
    Sri Lanka(SLK)OXM
    Sweden(HTS)OXM
    Switzerland(AUT)OXM
    Switzerland(SWC)OXM
    Thailand(THL)OXM
    Thailand(MYM)OXM
    Trinidad and Tobago(EON)OXM
    Tunisia(TUN)OXM
    Turkey(TUR)OXM
    Ukraine(SEK)OXM
    United Arab Emirates(LYS)OXM
    United Arab Emirates(XSG)OXM
    United Kingdom(BTU)OXM
    United Kingdom(EVR)OXM
    United Kingdom(H3G)OXM
    United Kingdom(O2U)OXM
    United Kingdom(VOD)OXM
    Unknown(XNZ)OXM
    Uzbekistan(CAC)OXM
    Vietnam(XXV)OXM

These are the other Multi-CSC types available that may see new updates released at different times:

Argentina(ANC)OWE
    Chile(CHE)OWE
    Costa Rica(ICE)OWE
    Dominican Republic(DOR)OWE
    Jamaica(CWW)OWE
    Unknown(BAT)OWE

Argentina(ARO)OWO
    Argentina(CTI)OWO
    Argentina(UFN)OWO
    Argentina(PSN)OWO
    Bolivia(BVO)OWO
    Brazil(ZTO)OWO
    Brazil(ZTA)OWO
    Brazil(ZTM)OWO
    Brazil(ZVV)OWO
    Chile(CRC)OWO
    Chile(CHL)OWO
    Chile(CHT)OWO
    Colombia(COL)OWO
    Colombia(COO)OWO
    Colombia(COM)OWO
    Colombia(COB)OWO
    Dominican Republic(CDR)OWO
    Ecuador(EBE)OWO
    Ecuador(ECO)OWO
    Guatemala(PGU)OWO
    Guatemala(CGU)OWO
    Mexico(IUS)OWO
    Mexico(TMM)OWO
    Mexico(TCE)OWO
    Panama(CPA)OWO
    Paraguay(UPO)OWO
    Paraguay(PSP)OWO
    Paraguay(TGP)OWO
    Peru(PET)OWO
    Peru(PEO)OWO
    Peru(PNT)OWO
    Peru(SAM)OWO
    South America(NBS)OWO
    Unknown(BVT)OWO
    Unknown(MXO)OWO
    Uruguay(UFU)OWO
    Uruguay(CTU)OWO

Lastly, phones with these product codes do not currently share CSC with different countries:

CountryProduct CodeCSC
    Indonesia(XID)OLE