General FXCL - APR | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 8th April

Search This thread

w4-u6r

Apr 9, 2020
Hi all - I'm having a CSC of ARO (Argentina) and have so far no received any Android 12 update, and I realise that update for ARO has been very slow...

Does anyone know which European CSC may have frequent firmware update and will also have the native call recording function enabled?

Thanks!

Hi all - I'm having a CSC of ARO (Argentina) and have so far no received any Android 12 update, and I realise that update for ARO has been very slow...

Does anyone know which European CSC may have frequent firmware update and will also have the native call recording function enabled?

Thanks!
No EU software has native call recording (EU restrictions).

s3axel

Mar 4, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Magisk (Canary) is unable to patch the BUL1 release and always finishes with an error ...
Most possible the AP got broken during transfer to the phone for patching - at least this is what I experience constantly since upgrade to Android 12....

I finally went to extract boot.img.lz4 and vbmeta.img.lz4 from the AP package, created a new .tar with both inside and copied that to the phone. Then I patched this file in Magisk, copied it back to the PC and added all other files from the AP into this new .tar and finally flashed that via Odin as usual.... Works a treat, quite a bit of manual work, though ;)

Reactions: Reaper1337

StefanMagu

Apr 12, 2021
Slowly improving. Power save mode and 120hz WQHD, BLUETOOTH, LOCATION & SYNC on. And heard a lot of talk regarding this developer option improving battery life.
Which are the cached apps? Have you noticed any problems regarding any app since u toggled that setting in dev options? I mean..is it really worth it?
Ok found it..does power save mode cause missed notifications? The last time I tried power save, it messed up the notifications
Yes. It practically limits the sync over the email apps and some other apps that may sync or run in the background. I ve had problems with the notifications of the incoming voice/video calls on whatsapp when power saving was on.

DaReDeViL

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 15, 2009
Rabat
Samsung Galaxy S23
Most possible the AP got broken during transfer to the phone for patching - at least this is what I experience constantly since upgrade to Android 12....

I finally went to extract boot.img.lz4 and vbmeta.img.lz4 from the AP package, created a new .tar with both inside and copied that to the phone. Then I patched this file in Magisk, copied it back to the PC and added all other files from the AP into this new .tar and finally flashed that via Odin as usual.... Works a treat, quite a bit of manual work, though ;)
Nice. Really nice. Was it successful with BUL1 ?

Reactions: Reaper1337

MMarkkk

Feb 10, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Screenshot_20211207-232220_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20211207-232628_Device care.jpg

Guys, Android Auto is a mess...it has a mind of its own post A12. I don't know how to solve this. I tried different cables, cleared the app data, deleted the device from the car, and car from the device...yet it's very sporadic! Anyone has any working solutions?
Ok..so here's a stop-gap arrangement - connect the phone to the car, start the car and reboot the phone..AA should work as normal. In case, you disconnect the device in between, reboot the device..all should be normal.

madvinegar

May 17, 2016
Piraeus
*I mean you can update it manually if its really a concern:
I read that this apk just changes the date of the system update without actually installing the new update. (this is why it is so small (20kb) and does not require the phone to be restarted.

zacchaeus

Oct 13, 2010
I'm using a grey market G991B/DS on the Virgin network in the UK. I've been using the BTU firmware, currently updated OTA to BUKG version, but I've never had any 5G reception (in areas where my wife's Virgin mobile has been getting it) nor VOIP/WiFi calling. Before I wipe and flash my phone again, does anyone have any experience of this with Virgin, please? I'm toying with using the O2 firmware next, given that Virgin (mostly) uses the O2 network.

Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 8730448

I read that this apk just changes the date of the system update without actually installing the new update. (this is why it is so small (20kb) and does not require the phone to be restarted.
A new Main Components update spotted on APKMirror. After install it, Play Store patches will be upgraded to December.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211208-211725_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211208-211725_Settings.png
    212.8 KB · Views: 112

Top Liked Posts