• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Bump! - Sign (unlock) your own boot images for LG phones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thecubed

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2008
Austin, TX
the problem is that if only 1 file is changed like ini.rc in 1 line... hash changes and boot.img is not recognized... i think it's too difficult to project

The Bump servers are doing just fine :) Your computer doesn't actually send the whole 5+MB boot image file to us, just a 32-character hash of it. We send back a 1024 character signature back to your browser and it appends it to the original image and offers it to you for download.
This is all thanks to Shelnutt2's hard work - he's amazing.

Jhinta

Dec 20, 2010
The Bump servers are doing just fine :) Your computer doesn't actually send the whole 5+MB boot image file to us, just a 32-character hash of it. We send back a 1024 character signature back to your browser and it appends it to the original image and offers it to you for download.
This is all thanks to Shelnutt2's hard work - he's amazing.

? so , can you sign a aboot? will this work?:confused: would be nice:D

aleady see that wil not work:angel:

Last edited:

TonyStark

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
@thecubed - This message will not be as clever as the one that @TonyStark made but here is a little sumptin' for ya. Thanks again for everything!

Unique Transaction ID #36917172BH128252N
It's always great to see a community remember how they got where they are... Through hard work, long hours and dedication. You sir are a testement to the good rewarding the good. :good:

Reactions: timmytim

thecubed

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2008
Austin, TX
Hi guys!
You might have noticed that the Bump site is dead.

Please thank Cybojenix and EnderBlue for the kindness.

For reference, see this post and the context therein: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=56991448&postcount=8

Yes, this is harsh, and yes I do feel bad about it. However, I am sick and tired of people accusing me and my team of things we're not doing, and sick of people being entitled to things that we do in our spare time.

As usual, everyone who's supported us and the team - Thank you! You're the lifeblood of this community.

Sadly though, I'm done. I'm done with Android and I'm done with rooting and unlocking phones. The G3 is the last phone I will root or unlock publicly.
Sorry guys that it had to come to this.

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
Hi guys!

For reference, see this post and the context therein: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=56991448&postcount=8

Yes, this is harsh, and yes I do feel bad about it. However, I am sick and tired of people accusing me and my team of things we're not doing, and sick of people being entitled to things that we do in our spare time.

As usual, everyone who's supported us and the team - Thank you! You're the lifeblood of this community.

Sadly though, I'm done. I'm done with Android and I'm done with rooting and unlocking phones. The G3 is the last phone I will root or unlock publicly.

Two idiots ruin months of hard work and future releases for nothing, im 100% behind thecubed and will take a break from releasing to this community

SuperMidgetProductions

Oct 8, 2013
Two idiots ruin months of hard work and future releases for nothing, im 100% behind thecubed and will take a break from releasing to this community

It wasn't for nothing. It was a selfish act to try and get an official cm build without any thought about the rest of the community and the work you guys put into it to get this far. This sucks

Last edited:

skeamznz

Aug 13, 2011
Auckland
Hi guys!

Is it possible that you and your team could bump roms privately for a select few?

And thank you for all you've done for the whole G3 community. I would have done the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: je2854

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
@cybojenix @enderblue

In case you missed this

If you were smart enough for someone like yourself (who does next to no hex editing) can find their public key by other's work. Then you should have been smart enough to keep it to yourself so in the future we don't get locked out. Maybe there was a reason that Team Codefire didn't want to open source it. It's not like they were charging for it...

All this did was hurt the community and not help it in anyway. The tools were already provided for people like yourself and others to do what we like to do with our devices.

Think twice before you want to think of yourself as some hero...

Hi guys!

No one can blame you. Hopefully you change your mind.

I-IoLLoW

Oct 1, 2013
Pittsburgh
:'(

Yeah - I was really digging building my first kernel and using the bump site. But I sure don't blame @thecubed. It sucks that a few had to ruin it for the rest of us. This is truly a sad day for me and a lot of other people I'm sure. But, it is what it is and like I said, I don't blame anyone behind team codefire because I would have done the same - just too many headaches for very little gain.

WACOMalt

Jul 31, 2009
Man, this situation is just sickening. I feel dirty for even being a part of a community that includes people who would so blatantly throw people under the bus like that.

IOMonster, Thank you personally. I'm glad I was able to donate to the team who did the real work here.

Reactions: mo8175

khpyro

Nov 27, 2010
Istanbul
Its sad that you have abandoned the community. But, no one can blame you guys. I would have done the same. Thanks to you for the bump and the root. If you guys didn't do it. We wouldn't have any aosp Roms today.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bayuadhi069

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
wow this whole bump drama makes me want jump ship and go back htc. the problem with lg devices is the disrespect on these forums my members(never had this problem with my old htc), the locked bootloader, and now the fact that people copy stuff from other people without thinking of the consequences, because the codefire team left us and lg is already patching everything, we probably won't be able to update to never android versions and for what ,because some guy wanted his 15 min of fame. now his thread is locked and codefire is still gone. £I have waited 4 months in the hope development would pick up and now that seems out of reach, for those wondering why I won't go stock it is simple I like the functions lg added.

to be clear I do not think it is codefire their fault, if anything they were the only thing keeping me on this device.I do blame open bump(stu**id a**holes)

teddy0209

Feb 5, 2011
wow this whole bump drama makes me want jump ship and go back htc. the problem with lg devices is the disrespect on these forums my members(never had this problem with my old htc), the locked bootloader, and now the fact that people copy stuff from other people without thinking of the consequences, because the codefire team left us and lg is already patching everything, we probably won't be able to update to never android versions and for what ,because some guy wanted his 15 min of fame. now his thread is locked and codefire is still gone. £I have waited 4 months in the hope development would pick up and now that seems out of reach, for those wondering why I won't go stock it is simple I like the functions lg added.

to be clear I do not think it is codefire their fault, if anything they were the only thing keeping me on this device.I do blame open bump(stu**id a**holes)

I totally agree with you... This isn't the XDA that I know... With the time I've spent @xda with my previous devices, I never imagined the G3 community to be like this...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

lexman098

Aug 15, 2012
I'd just like to interject with a view from the other angle. Note that I'm not trying to troll or start a flame war, but it did kind of seem odd that codefire would keep their method secret. I was happy to have signed images, but that goes against the spirit of Android and xda and made me a little nervous. I also think it's kind of petty to stop developing over it. It's like if Google stopped developing android because of xposed.

Reactions: scy1192
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone!

You may have doubted us, but here we are with a MAJOR release - Bump! Read on to learn more...

jP6fGhn.png

What is this?

This is Bump! A new and easy way to sign boot images for most modern LG phones so they'll boot on any locked phone.
    Bump an image once, and flash it to however many phones you please.

How does this work?

Simply create an account on the site, click "Bump!", upload the boot/recovery images (also known incorrectly as 'kernels') and the service will automatically Bump them for you.

Is this project open source?

No, this project is not open source. We are however an "open" project, as we are all for transparency and user discussion. With that in mind, we'll be participating in user discussions and providing bugfixes and changelogs when possible.

Who made this?

Team Codefire, of course!

Bump would not be possible without the help and support of many people.
    Please consider donating something to the people listed below to help them to continue to support your LG phone and to show your appreciation of all the hours they've put into this awesome unlock!
    • @thecubed - Paypal Donate - That'd be weird if I wrote something nice about myself here
    • @Shelnutt2 - Paypal Donate - This guy nearly single-handedly wrote the entire Bump site in a few days, and was stuck waiting for me to be around before we could test. He's awesome.
    • @IllegalArgument - Paypal Donate - Special thanks here, IllegalArgument really helped out and brought us across the finish line here. It's safe to say that we have the unlock today because of him - show him some love!
    • @autoprime - Paypal Donate - Generally awesome. Always helpful, always willing to test things, and a great guy to have on the team!
    • @AnimatronicRocketReptile - Paypal Donate - Crypto help, thanks!
    • @Dees_Troy - Paypal Donate - For building all these TWRP images for us, thanks so much!

I'm just a user, do I need this?

Most likely not. If you're just flashing ROMs, this is a tool for developers only. There is no need to Bump ROMs yourself if you're not editing anything in the kernel, recovery, or ramdisk.

How do I know if something is Bump'd?

Look for the word "signed" or "bumped" in the filename. We will create a new section of the site soon that allows you to verify that a file is bumped soon enough.

Okay, I'm a developer, and I want this now!

Great! Go here and register, and Bump away!
    Code:
    [URL="http://apps.codefi.re/bump"]http://apps.codefi.re/bump[/URL]

Please be sure to check the "About" section for answers to more Frequently Asked Questions!

Have fun, guys!
    Hi guys!

FIRST!!!! ... wait...
    To everyone having login issues, please try the following:

1. Ensure you've confirmed your email address
    2. Try clearing your cookies, closing your browser, and re-opening the site

Yes, this is a possible bug, and yes, we will be working on fixing it.
    Okay, sorry about that - the throttling code was broken for logins. Apparently it's a global limit! :)

Should be fixed now!