[BUSTED] Pyro got killed after flashing recovery Image!

Search This thread

Nailyouh

Oct 12, 2011
why the heck :( well yeas it happened to me 2 :(:(:(:( Finally I recieved my killswitch. I never had TegraOTA update active...it happened just right after a regular reset with an recovery Image. .I am really sad now I have to apologize! I LOVED MY PYRO!....

This is just a warning keep on the custom side with your pyros! **** that stock Mellow!

Ill try my best to not cry..but heck...

cheers guys maybe someday I'll be back with another pyro!

love

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nsx2brz

r3tardbatman

May 15, 2016
They told me they did when I requested the Vulkan api build. I also never requested a replacement not sure if that plays into their decision making.

Uh, yeah. The whole killswitch process only starts when you fire up your replacement tablet for the first time & set up an internet connection.

daniyo27

Sep 6, 2015
That is the ultimate reason why you put your radios to Airplane before flashing, and even before booting, you flash the remove TegraOTA zip file in TWRP.... heck, even a clean flash would be good too.

r3tardbatman

May 15, 2016
That is the ultimate reason why you put your radios to Airplane before flashing, and even before booting, you flash the remove TegraOTA zip file in TWRP.... heck, even a clean flash would be good too.

Removing the SIM if you've got the LTE version, clean flashing if using stock images & skipping the WiFi setup. Imo that's the best way to do it, you get all the time in the world to remove TegraOTA whichever way you're comfortable with.
It's honestly a bit sad that some people don't take the time to do this stuff properly.

Nailyouh

Oct 12, 2011
Here is what I think happened: i had Recovery erased..you know why. So I were on stock with nethunter and suffered from random reboots. That's why I tried reflash it. Once the regular Recovery was installed i got Killswitch es ???*

zackhow

Jul 15, 2010
San Marcos
NVM, just realized he did it through a manual flash, not OTA.

NVM again, I am bad at reading. So he flashed a recovery image then got the OTA after he rebooted. So again, why is Nvidia still pushing this update if they have known it was bricking devices since January.

Last edited:

Paharsahath JG

Aug 20, 2015
Can you explain please all the steps you did until the kill? Ibinstalled 4.1 stock update from.nvidia site on my pyro. Before booting the os i deleted tegraota with the zip and erased recovery with fastboot. But i havent turned on the wifi yet.

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Free mobile app

Paharsahath JG

Aug 20, 2015
So now you have the pyro on stock with the original update and connected to internet. But is killed?

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

The problem is that i cant install a custom rom

Paharsahath JG

Aug 20, 2015
Can you tell me please which version of xposed? Id like to unstall it. I also freezed with titanium almost all nvidia apps and services. If the kill switch is an update sent by nvidia servers, deleting tegra ota would be safe, and also the recovery, so nothing can be flashed. Did you check if the kill is triggered for your pyro?

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

So, if the kill is contained in the stock images and you were connected to internet while using the stock image, you would have been affected by the kill switch. But youbsay its working, so i think theres no kill in.the stocks

Paharsahath JG

Aug 20, 2015
I installed 4.0.1 before the 4.1 and tablet worked (but never cinnected). Can you "system update" on your settings after flashing the nomoreota zip?

Paharsahath JG

Aug 20, 2015
Its not green. Its the nirmal g updater. When.i.was stock 5.1.2 i deleted manually tegraota apk and "system update" on settings was disappeared. Maybe the g updater is another way to kill the tablet?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    why the heck :( well yeas it happened to me 2 :(:(:(:( Finally I recieved my killswitch. I never had TegraOTA update active...it happened just right after a regular reset with an recovery Image. .I am really sad now I have to apologize! I LOVED MY PYRO!....

This is just a warning keep on the custom side with your pyros! **** that stock Mellow!

Ill try my best to not cry..but heck...

cheers guys maybe someday I'll be back with another pyro!

love
    I think this is the g updater right?

Thats the stock update screen. That means you're safe.

Never fully boot your tablet with Stock Recovery or without deleting the TegraOTA folder.

I was able to update my original tablet from k1 stock rom to original tablet stock rom 6.0.1 without an isse via TWRP. I was pretty amazed when I learnt it is possible to do that. Updating to original tablet stock rom also restored the stylus functionality which is another epic win for me.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone