[BUSTED] Pyro got killed after flashing recovery Image!

Search This thread

Isira

Sep 27, 2010
Last edited:

wiQbold

Oct 29, 2008
WRONG! DO NOT SPREAD MISINFORMATION. There have been ZERO POSTS of having received a kill switch if nomoreota.zip was correctly used. All posts were from those who DID NOT follow proper procedures, which is to delete TegraOTA BEFORE booting into the system (See FIRST bullet point!).

OK. and what does mean "[BUSTED] Pyro got killed after flashing recovery image!" ??

or

Here is what I think happened: i had Recovery erased..you know why. So I were on stock with nethunter and suffered from random reboots. That's why I tried reflash it. Once the regular Recovery was installed i got Killswitch es ???*

Isira

Sep 27, 2010
OK. and what does mean "[BUSTED] Pyro got killed after flashing recovery image!" ??

or
Here is what I think happened: i had Recovery erased..you know why. So I were on stock with nethunter and suffered from random reboots. That's why I tried reflash it. Once the regular Recovery was installed i got Killswitch es ???*

There's zero indication Nailyouh deleted TegraOTA after flashing recovery. Like I said, the few posts I have seen regarding a bricked tablet since the Marshmallow update have been from those who didn't correctly remove TegraOTA.

On Marshmallow, once TegraOTA is deleted, the "System updates" function is some stock Google updater that doesn't do anything on the tablet.

Isira

Sep 27, 2010
Are you sure that the normal google update does do anything?

All I can tell you is I dirty flashed my US LTE tablet from Lollipop to Marshmallow using the RoW-LTE Full 4.1 OTA zip, deleted TegraOTA, and my tablet is still alive. I've tapped System updates many times and nothing has happened the last few weeks I've had this installed.

Paharsahath JG

Aug 20, 2015
I think this is the g updater right?

Sent from my LG-E975 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1464680839466.jpg
    1464680839466.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 216

Djabolic

Apr 26, 2011
Ankara

Thats the stock update screen. That means you're safe.

Never fully boot your tablet with Stock Recovery or without deleting the TegraOTA folder.

I was able to update my original tablet from k1 stock rom to original tablet stock rom 6.0.1 without an isse via TWRP. I was pretty amazed when I learnt it is possible to do that. Updating to original tablet stock rom also restored the stylus functionality which is another epic win for me.

Reactions: muffnman

Paharsahath JG

Aug 20, 2015
Ok thx. I have not a recovery, neither stock or twrp. I ersased it

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

I used it and everthing wa fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    why the heck :( well yeas it happened to me 2 :(:(:(:( Finally I recieved my killswitch. I never had TegraOTA update active...it happened just right after a regular reset with an recovery Image. .I am really sad now I have to apologize! I LOVED MY PYRO!....

This is just a warning keep on the custom side with your pyros! **** that stock Mellow!

Ill try my best to not cry..but heck...

cheers guys maybe someday I'll be back with another pyro!

love

Thats the stock update screen. That means you're safe.

Never fully boot your tablet with Stock Recovery or without deleting the TegraOTA folder.

I was able to update my original tablet from k1 stock rom to original tablet stock rom 6.0.1 without an isse via TWRP. I was pretty amazed when I learnt it is possible to do that. Updating to original tablet stock rom also restored the stylus functionality which is another epic win for me.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone