• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question "But first you'll have to unlock your device"

Search This thread

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
When using Google Assistant to make a phone call through a BT headset/earbuds when the phone is locked, some contacts work fine, but some other contacts give the response in the title and won't allow to make a phone call.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

Reactions: Polishow

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
Discovered new bug.
I was testing 4 different wireless earbuds yesterday -
Galaxy Buds Live, Jaybird Vista, Sony WF-1000XM4, and Sabbat E12 Ultra.

Sometimes if I initiate a phone call from the BT headset, the phone app starts in the BT mode (BT icon shows) as it's dialing. But as soon as the call connects, the phone app switches to the Phone mode (switches from BT icon to phone icon.) So you cannot use the BT headset to actually take the call.

When I reboot the phone, this problem goes away. But only temporarily.

Does anyone know a fix?

Or does anyone know why Google cannot get their head out of their asses and fix these bugs? These kind of bugs have been plaguing Pixel phones since the original Pixel XL.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When using Google Assistant to make a phone call through a BT headset/earbuds when the phone is locked, some contacts work fine, but some other contacts give the response in the title and won't allow to make a phone call.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.
    Set BT headset as trusted device. If a trusted request isn't heard, it prompts for security
    Set BT headset as trusted device. If a trusted request isn't heard, it prompts for security
    That is unacceptable, because that simply unlocks the phone when a BT device is connected.
    Do you know how to fix the bug that only breaks certain contacts?