Button combination to enter recovery mode on Xtrons HU

pitu120

May 24, 2016
In my device also dont know how to enter recovery mode. So installed ROM from settings :)

Upload img file to my map sd card and clicked in settings check update.

pitu120

May 24, 2016
malaysk rom

1. downloaded his rar file
2. unrar
3. copy .img file (dupdate.img) to my sdcard for maps
4. in settings clicked check update (rom is installing from recovery after auto reboot)

btw. Have one problem (i think that its problem with I cant wipe data and cache) u can find it in malaysk thread (last my post).

Last edited:
Reactions: da_anton

Luxferro

Nov 19, 2009
Long Island, NY
I have an Xtrons HU as well. I'm not sure the exact buttons to press to get into recovery, but I have done it, so it's possible. Try holding down power button until it totally powers off, then keep holding it until it starts to reboot, eventually you might get in.

On my Xtrons, it doesn't like dupdate.img name, and preferes update.img... but for whatever reason, it gets an error during flashing malaysk's rom, and reboots back to stock rom. I need to look more into it... it seems like it is flashing rom, but at some point an error flashes by too fast to read. I only tried it once so far, will again when I get more time to play.

Reactions: da_anton

vnamee

Apr 4, 2007
On my unit, I tried the combo power/reset without any success. Before I read up on this, I did however get into recovery once by accident with just the power button. So after playing around with this more, I can get into recovery consistently doing this:

1) Hold power button until unit turns off and (on my unit) light flashes.
2) Let go and then press the power button again. This somehow shuts off the unit since it would normally just reboot after releasing the button it seems.
3) Press the power button again to turn it on. It should hopefully go into recovery.

I have no idea if this works on other units, but I have not seen a description of this in any of the posts/videos I have seen.

aarick

Feb 18, 2010
On my unit, I tried the combo power/reset without any success. Before I read up on this, I did however get into recovery once by accident with just the power button. So after playing around with this more, I can get into recovery consistently doing this:

2) Let go and then press the power button again. This somehow shuts off the unit since it would normally just reboot after releasing the button it seems.
3) Press the power button again to turn it on. It should hopefully go into recovery.

I have no idea if this works on other units, but I have not seen a description of this in any of the posts/videos I have seen.
This worked for me. I'm on KGL unit.

pakidermo5000

Nov 13, 2011

same to me. XTRONS HU, got into recovery by the same method but then, cannot flash. The unit is a GS.

Did you make any progress?

Reactions: renderstester

chammock

Oct 2, 2016
da_anton, did you ever get into recovery mode? I have the Xtrons PF75ATTA which looks the same as yours. After changing the /system directory to read write and adding 3 lines to the build.prop file. The unit only showed the car navigation lollipop screen and the android/car logo.

I have tried almost every combination of power and reset button. How did you do it in the end?

Thanks

da_anton

Sep 18, 2011
Munich
da_anton, did you ever get into recovery mode?
Yes I managed to do it. First I would recommend you have a really silent place. You can hear some very quiet sounds at different stages. At least I could.
I managed it that way:
  1. press the power button till the unit is off. I can hear a sound like a "plop". But very quiet. That is my indicator that the unit is off now
  2. release the button. You should now hear another quiet "plop" when the unit is turning on again.
  3. wait maybe 1sec or even more to press and hold the power button again.
  4. the unit now enters recovery

It took me a while to got it working so you have to try it a couple of times.

chammock

Oct 2, 2016
Thanks, I managed to do it, took me about 20 minutes. I have to say I couldn't hear the noises you were referring to but just knowing the process worked only on timing and the power button narrowed down the possibilities. Thanks again

renderstester

Nov 28, 2016
Xtrons TD696AS recovery mode buttons

This method works on the TD696AS as well.. Press and hold power button until dvd leds flash 3 times and then solid on., release and press momentarily a couple of more times. Wait a few seconds and unit will restart into recovery mode.

Regards,

icesss

Aug 23, 2017
This method works on the TD696AS as well.. Press and hold power button until dvd leds flash 3 times and then solid on., release and press momentarily a couple of more times. Wait a few seconds and unit will restart into recovery mode.

Regards,
Does the unit needs to be off already or on?
Try to enter recovery mode on pcd86clta

lyanch123

Sep 14, 2017
the solution of KYD A-sure dead head unit or update to android 6.0

after contacting with KYD, they sent me a package to help me flash the head unit. I was stack on andriod booting logo. the unit was like dead. now I've got the files, i will share with everyone once it has been uploaded to my cloud drive.

EiSiSiEiX

Oct 15, 2017
i'm having loads of trouble with my head unit, i can get to recovery mode but it keeps getting stuck on the boot screen after i've tried flashing the firmware they have supplied me with, any help please?

747 Driver

Jan 10, 2009

It worked on a Xtrons PB76FSFAP-S.

Thanks.

V1x0r

Aug 9, 2011
Just installed Oreo on my px5 Xtrons unit. (Mine doesn't have physical buttons minus the reset button).

From any point...hold the reset button for 25 seconds, let go of it...when you see the boot animation press the reset button again (not hold).

You will have to use the reset button as the method for going down through the menu...then hold reset button for it to choose the item.

Worked for me. :)

Prodmush

Nov 30, 2018
WinCE 6.0 xtrons pf71ibss

Hi everyone, i need help!!!
I bought a xtrons pf71ibss, i asked them if they have any update for it, but they dont even care about me :(
So im here to know what can i do to change that horrible visual, or change the image to android!!
I would really like to know how to enter the recovery mode of this radio to make possible changes

SomebodySysop

Nov 30, 2012
Los Angeles
Xtrons PB7646BAP Recovery

On the Xtrons PB7646BAP:

I tried everything mentioned in this thread. Nothing worked because my unit does not flash lights or make a "plop" sound. As long as the the car ACC is on, the lights on the unit are on. There is, however, one way I can tell if the unit is on or off after pressing the power button -- by the hissing sound from the speakers.

1. Hold power button down until you no longer hear speakers hissing. Then release button.
2. Not fast, and not too slow: Press then release the button. Then press and release a second time.
3. Unit should come up in recovery. If it doesn't, repeat above.

This sometimes doesn't work. Sometimes because I press too quickly or too slowly. You will have to do it a few times to get the feel of the rhythm you should use.