Buy an OPO Oneplus One without invite?

Search This thread

Juaanjo

Sep 3, 2014
Hi.

I´m new at this forum. I have been reading it for years, but now I have decided to sign in. I would like to ask you about the OPO. I have been waiting for an invite several weeks in diferent webs, but without prize, so I have been searching for a good supplier. You would buy an OPO without invite? I want this phone and as I have been waiting for more than 8 weeks I want to buy it now. I have found a supplier that looks good, and with a very good price, may I post the link here to get checked by you? I have been talking with him and he can set an special price for the forum if there is people interested in it. Waiting for your reply. Have a nice day:good:

Please note that I´m not trying to do spam, I have no posted the link yet because I don´t want problems. If you want the link posted I´ll post it here.

str8bucs

Nov 11, 2008
My buddy is trying to sell his, he said its to big for his liking.

Its the 64gb model Blackstone. He has only used it a hand full of times.

Glass screen protector installed and 2 cases

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Kerjifire

Feb 5, 2013
Melbourne
I would highly advise that you don't. The version you'll receive is most likely the Chinese OPO which has limited bands for connectivity.

Kerjifire

Feb 5, 2013
Melbourne
I have been reading about this, I´ll use the phone in Europe so I wouldn´t have any problem right?

Thanks for your help.
Additionally I would ask whether or not his version comes with ColorOS or CM otherwise you may have to flash CM over it. Sorry I don't know the bands for Europe, I couldn't tell you.

kinghu

Apr 28, 2007
www.chinawhat.net
Given OPO can't seem to make enough international versions and so ship straight from the factory to consumers, I'd agree these are likely to be the Chinese edition which anyone can get relatively easily. There's LTE unknowns as well as warranty concerns.

Plus, the term 'special price' almost always means a tidy profit for those involved except the buyer. Not something I'd get involved with given the risks and unknowns.

I would guard against linking anything as, despite claims to the contrary, the OP has more than a whiff of a sales pitch about it that aims to attract PMs.

Reactions: Geordie Affy

Juaanjo

Sep 3, 2014
Given OPO can't seem to make enough international versions and so ship straight from the factory to consumers, I'd agree these are likely to be the Chinese edition which anyone can get relatively easily. There's LTE unknowns as well as warranty concerns.

Plus, the term 'special price' almost always means a tidy profit for those involved except the buyer. Not something I'd get involved with given the risks and unknowns.

I would guard against linking anything as, despite claims to the contrary, the OP has more than a whiff of a sales pitch about it that aims to attract PMs.

Im only asking about if you would buy in another store, not trying to sell anything. I didin´t want to post links to avoid problems, I was only asking, not trying anything. I chatted with the seller and he said that is the Chinese edition and can sell the phone for 357,99$ instead 421$ that appears in his advert, and I want only to ask if its a good price and if you would buy it if were me. Hope to get this solved, I only want help, anything more. I have been reading about the bands and seems like will work in Europe, but if someone can confirm this would be great.

Im only asking about if you would buy in another store, not trying to sell anything. I didin´t want to post links to avoid problems, I was only asking, not trying anything. I chatted with the seller and he said that is the Chinese edition and can sell the phone for 357,99$ instead 421$ that appears in his advert, and I want only to ask if its a good price and if you would buy it if were me. Hope to get this solved, I only want help, anything more. I have been reading about the bands and seems like will work in Europe, but if someone can confirm this would be great.

I have a Chinese OPO purchased from Aliexpress. I'm using it in Europe (Greece) and it works just fine. Never had any issues with dropped calls and mobile data works great. Everything is as stable as you'd expect.

Bought the 64GB white version for 350 euros including shipping through FedEx. All in all, yes I'd recommend buying outside of the invite system if you do your research beforehand.

Sent from my OnePlus One

iWannaBeAdored

Jan 9, 2010
I just bought the 64GB Chinese model from Hong Kong Goldway on Aliexpress yesterday. Waiting for it to ship and should have it next week hopefully. The bands work fine here so no dramas. AU$500 total which included 3 day DHL shipping. I'm from the UK so getting a flagship phone like this for 280 GBP is amazing.

Danhoff1

Dec 14, 2012
Groningen
Bought the 16gb version from to2c.com
Could choose between color os and multilanguage version. Chose for the second one and had it in two weeks (to the netherlands). Everything works fine. Connectivity is good. Only 4g is very limited

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
I'm supposed to buy one today. The package is sealed, but I'm concerned about service and warranty for the phone since I didn't purchase it under the invite system. Should I buy it? I heard some yellow screen, touch screen, sound issues, etc.

kinghu

Apr 28, 2007
www.chinawhat.net
I'm supposed to buy one today. The package is sealed, but I'm concerned about service and warranty for the phone since I didn't purchase it under the invite system. Should I buy it? I heard some yellow screen, touch screen, sound issues, etc.

If you're outside of China you're likely going to have support and service issues should you need it, regardless of where you bought the phone.

From my OPO

kinghu

Apr 28, 2007
www.chinawhat.net
Would you say the phone is worth those service support issues because I travel a lot?

Will it be your daily driver? If so, I'd look at something that I could get repaired easily and quickly in places I traveled to. Preferably something with a lot of worldwide service centers. Or have two phones (not necessarily two of the same) in case one needed to be repaired for a certain period of time.

If you read the various OPO boards, you'll know just getting a support ticket acknowledged can take time. Additionally, if you travel frequently, you might not be in one place long enough to hang around for a replacement to be sent to your location. A walk-in, no fuss model like Apple does with it's stores is a good 'safety net'. But it costs.

I run two phones. Either my 5s or M7 as primary with OPO as my backup since I'm mostly ROM testing at the moment. Wouldn't have a problem with the OPO as primary but I'd not take it as my only phone. And no way would I use just an OPO if traveling or on business for the reasons above.

Reactions: alhadee12

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
Will it be your daily driver? If so, I'd look at something that I could get repaired easily and quickly in places I traveled to. Preferably something with a lot of worldwide service centers. Or have two phones (not necessarily two of the same) in case one needed to be repaired for a certain period of time.

If you read the various OPO boards, you'll know just getting a support ticket acknowledged can take time. Additionally, if you travel frequently, you might not be in one place long enough to hang around for a replacement to be sent to your location. A walk-in, no fuss model like Apple does with it's stores is a good 'safety net'. But it costs.

I run two phones. Either my 5s or M7 as primary with OPO as my backup since I'm mostly ROM testing at the moment. Wouldn't have a problem with the OPO as primary but I'd not take it as my only phone. And no way would I use just an OPO if traveling or on business for the reasons above.
I'll be looking for a different device because I can't afford those issues.

Reactions: kinghu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Would you say the phone is worth those service support issues because I travel a lot?

I'll be looking for a different device because I can't afford those issues.
    Have you guys considered buying an invite off ebay or craigslist? Seems to me that based on the markup on the Chinese models plus shipping, it's cheaper to just buy an invite for $15-$20.