• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

BUY/SELL a broken Wizard! Protect our dying breed.

Search This thread

dominicanodcora

Jan 12, 2007
west park, fl
hey all. my weekly attempts to get my poor wizard resurrected have not yielded any results... so, anyone want to buy it? the screen looks great (it was out of a htc apache...), touch screen works as well. the wifi works great too, as well as the keyboard. camera and led light work too. has the os that is on my signature installed. now, the things that don't work:
1. phone- won't read my sim card. my 3125 works great with the same card, but the wiz just searches
2. the "phone" button, the "call end/cancel button, and both of the soft keys
3. usb connection - windows doesn't recognize the phone, while on, or in bootloader mode, charges though (go figure)
4. sd card reader - like nothing is there, even when there is

the d-pad and the rest of the buttons work fine...

all this crap worked before i put in the screen, so i traded functionality for a pretty screen....

the case is beat up badly, but if you are needing parts, here you go

pm me if anyone is interested. i'll put it up on ebay in the next few days if i don't hear from anyone

i also have the same problem written in number 3. does anyone has a fix for it??

aboutthemind

Mar 18, 2007
los angeles
fix all only thing un fixable is water

Screen is made of three parts: connector tapper and lcd so broken lcd will still has 2 very expensive parts .

Lcd $80to high. a price gauge so only for personal users it would still make sense. I will take any broken or (bricked yeh right) phone and fix it try me. dont get me started. $100 for all phones that are not water damaged 24/7. But I will help any body here fix theres for free as long as you are an optimist.

The Board is a tank and i have switched out them all in one night 5 phones and all fired them up in different cases. I ran across the carpet before i touched eeach boatrd

biggest problem is the plastic housing 9-10 break when removing. I am not a mack guy so their will not be a utube. SEnsitive connectors so don't if you can avoid it.

LCD is what we need to form an alliance on but their are a few of us that i have seen down the rabbit hole that are holding out. Nobody can install them i can but i'm only here cause you guys are not right in the head.

i hate it when i here this
"But you get no warranty from the manufacture cause its a laptop get over it insurance is huge in the us they lost there as with razors and gsm".

I have a full time company to deal with and i am launching one of my biggest campaigns ever but i will help anyone that can listen.

The MDA was way to dageroius of a phone for HTC TI is a very strong board. I will completely disasemble the 8525 that comes in the mail tommorow 3g 2100thats the real answer to the infamous upgrade.
for your info all of the tweaks put us there.

again i am wire guy and network guy by default not my day job and not my night job. Unfortunetly the software involvement for me is automotive related and achieving employee eficency. So i am one with the 6 wizards 8125s, and i dig the angel,.
I got a full gun shed everything i do is for work and i can not express the importance of the team.

Your not team when you question some ones work if you don't like the the info leave sell your device on the way oout.
LCD is Worth $125
three parts
tapper thin layer
connector wire.
hit me

And if one of you guys verifies are friendly fire alies for me i will bulk buy lcds and cases.

Last edited:

michielc

Oct 22, 2006
www.123caravanhuren.nl
by flat cables do you mean the rigid flex cables? that connect the top to the bottom? because i have two of them.

I've got One MDA Vario that has problems with the display. When I slide out the keyboard, the quality of the colours change. The flat cable that you have for sale, is it the cable that can brick when opening and close the keyboard ?

Than I have another MDA Vario with a earspeaker problem, I can't hear other people when i'm calling, other people can hear me. When I use the headset I can hear what others are saying. Who can tell me what the solutioni of this problem is, replacing the earspeaker ?

Der_Sieger

Dec 15, 2006
Hi,

I think my mainbord is ****ed.... I bought a new accu but the Vario won't charge it, and the red led is burning al the time. So, I charged te accu with my external charger and put it in my Vario, but he won't boot!! He does nothinh....:eek: :confused:

So, know I think the fuse is ruined, and need a new mainbord....

Anybody who can help me? :)

Regards,

Sieger from holland!:D

Jan 4, 2007
Republic
I've got One MDA Vario that has problems with the display. When I slide out the keyboard, the quality of the colours change. The flat cable that you have for sale, is it the cable that can brick when opening and close the keyboard ?

Than I have another MDA Vario with a earspeaker problem, I can't hear other people when i'm calling, other people can hear me. When I use the headset I can hear what others are saying. Who can tell me what the solutioni of this problem is, replacing the earspeaker ?

i have the earspeakers too if you need one/two. i believe one of the cables is broken. the rigid flex ones, anyways. i dropped my mda 5 days after getting it. :X

fordracerguy

Jun 6, 2007
I currently have a Cingular 8125. The case was scratched and cracked, so I bought a new one off of eBay. I ended up making the phone significantly worse than it was before. I am assuming that if I bought a bricked unit from someone, replaced the main board with my main board that the phone should work just fine? If so, I would like to buy a bricked unit from someone if they can confirm this. My other issue is that I want one who's screen is functional, not one with the daily screen alignment issue. If you have one, how much are you willing to sell it for ?

Last edited:

aboutthemind

Mar 18, 2007
los angeles
bricked board ear piece key board issue

Key board sounds like a loose connection phone wont brick if you take it apart. ear phone broke my first one last night 2 tiny little metal ends that touch board. Have extra speakers .; Bricked board send me phones i fix them in 1/2 day or i have 2 mdas and 2 81 25 all good to go. Factory roms. If you want me to unbrick your board i dont want money send me some parts for any htc phone. Don need the whole phone to un brick it . Need screens.

Karzi

Aug 17, 2005
I have one which wont turn on,
had never been used.
maybe bad contact inside?
any ideas how much its worth or someone wants to make me an offer pm me
prob can throw case and box and other bits in with it and a spare batt.

dominicanodcora

Jan 12, 2007
west park, fl
if i get good offers i might be selling my phone and my wifes phone both tmobile mda unlocked to cingular also updated rom to 2.6. mint condition on both no scratches on screens but a few scratched on phone itself. any offers?? pretty much everything included charger, oem leather case, oem batteries, usb cable 2 eom cd's and the box i might have the 2.5mm convertor to 3.5mm. using aleksanders iphone theme, ozalinc dialpad theme and a_c slider2unlock, wisbar andvance and wisbar advance desktop spbtime with aleksanders spb47 black theme weather panel with aleksanders icons and themes. any questions pm me.

Last edited:

reverseninja

Mar 1, 2007
I've got a dead wizard (8125) too. My wife and I went on vacation to Ireland and she had hers turned off. We land and it won't turn on at all. I've tried resetting and also just yelling at it but no luck. Since it's no good to me by not working, I figure I'll put it up for sale. PM me with any interests. Thanks!

SOLD!

Last edited:

leepriestenator

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 25, 2006
Hi guys... finally got some pictures of what parts I need.

1) Front Facia and 2) DPAD, Call Keys

frontvv1.jpg
sidexd6.jpg

3) Camera Cover and 4) Battery Cover

backxh3.jpg

Last edited:

may_be

Aug 2, 2007
How to detach my MDA's LCD Screen?

Hi everybody,

I cracked my T-Mobile LCD screen and if I understand right from what I read so far, the touch screen as well. Please, help me what would I need to fix it and how to remove the broken LCD/touch screen?!?????

Thank you in advance. I am posting a picture to show you what happened to my phone.

may_be

Attachments

• P8012796.JPG
    P8012796.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 43

leepriestenator

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 25, 2006
1) There is an HTC Service Manual for the Wizard in the Wiki. Search for it. It details how to dismantle the entire phone.

2) LCD's are available for sale on eBay and I saw a few members post earlier in this thread that they have LCD's for sell.

may_be

Aug 2, 2007
1) There is an HTC Service Manual for the Wizard in the Wiki. Search for it. It details how to dismantle the entire phone.

2) LCD's are available for sale on eBay and I saw a few members post earlier in this thread that they have LCD's for sell.

Thank you very much! I found the Service Manual and took apart my phone. Just ordered new LCD. Hoping that will be able to put the phone together after the new LCD arrives:))))))

Thank you again!