Buyer Beware! QIALINO S-View Real Leather Case

Search This thread

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Bought this case off of Ebay. Follow the link below to see the case. Look at the picture of case provided, it shows the S View the way it should look. Further down the post is a statement you must download an app to make S view work. So I get the case and there is a plastic card with an internet website and a serial number. After getting the app from an unsecured website in China and installing. The S view is no where's near what is in the picture on Ebay. I have a OEM Samsung S view case with a 4 pin chip on the back inside of the case. This what makes the S view work. Yet the Samsung feels cheap and is made of plastic. I wanted the leather look and feel. Which the Ebay does provide but with too many other draw backs. Like, once you have the phone installed and open the case fully. It will never fully close again and I mean never, like it made rubber between the outside leather and the inside of the case. The is pure false advertising with picture be worth a thousand words. After several exchanges of emails between me and the company I havn't heard back from them.... So like I said, BUYER BEWARE. BAD, BAD CASE!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/32159283260...49&var=510477048931&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Kudzus

Nov 10, 2010
I also bought that case and it does look and feel great. If you give it some time to break in it will open and close properly. I don’t want or need full s-view function so I use this works good https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eenonoff&hl=en
The phone comes on when i open the case and off when i close. If I press the case at the home button location the lock screen comes on and I see the time, date and weather in the window that’s all I need.

I also have my home button set to answer a call ... don't have to open my leather case to answer just press the case at the home button location ... of course the case has a window for caller id and a cut out for ear speaker
Bty: I don’t think there any aftermarket full S-view cases

edit ... fixed link to app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.danielkao.autoscreenonoff&hl=en

Last edited:

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
I also bought that case and it does look and feel great. If you give it some time to break in it will open and close properly. I don’t want or need full s-view function so I use this works good https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eenonoff&hl=en
The phone comes on when i open the case and off when i close. If I press the case at the home button location the lock screen comes on and I see the time, date and weather in the window that’s all I need.

I also have my home button set to answer a call ... don't have to open my leather case to answer just press the case at the home button location ... of course the case has a window for caller id and a cut out for ear speaker
Bty: I don’t think there any aftermarket full S-view cases

edit ... fixed link to app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.danielkao.autoscreenonoff&hl=en

How long did it take for your case to break in. I am going a week and half. It is so bad I have sit something on top phone to keep the case closed.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Kudzus

Nov 10, 2010
How long did it take for your case to break in. I am going a week and half. It is so bad I have sit something on top phone to keep the case closed.

Strange ... mine only took a day or two.

Did you buy from the same supplier as me. If so they were out of town and are back now. Check and see if they will exchange it.

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Strange ... mine only took a day or two.

Did you buy from the same supplier as me. If so they were out of town and are back now. Check and see if they will exchange it.

That has to be the same folk because when i emailed about the problem I got an out of office till Jan 4 reply. I have case of .45 cal rounds sitting on the edge now. Hoping it will make stay closed. The look and feel of case is excellent. As I said in the first post, I haven't heard back from them.

Kudzus

Nov 10, 2010
If you decide to keep the case and use the app I posted you will need to place a small piece 0f light color tape inside the case where it contacts the proximity sensor. Apparently the sensor doesn’t like the color inside the case. The app developer makes note of that.

I just had another thought … do you have one of the thicker screen protectors on that may be preventing the case from closing?

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
If you decide to keep the case and use the app I posted you will need to place a small piece 0f light color tape inside the case where it contacts the proximity sensor. Apparently the sensor doesn’t like the color inside the case. The app developer makes note of that.

I just had another thought … do you have one of the thicker screen protectors on that may be preventing the case from closing?

Yes I am keeping the case. I also have the Samsung version to this case. And I used the chip from it so I don't need the app. I have no problem with the case from that stand point. Still trying to break the case in by flipping the case all the open. But once I do that the case will not close and will pop open. I have tried sitting a heavy object on the folding edge for 24 hrs. But it bounces back like it's made of rubber. The quality of a case with the leather and Samsung chip is what I should hsve gotten from Samsung in the first place. Not the cheap a $$ plastic. And no I run naked as far as s/p goes. With the Gorilla glass is so good and so much trouble with 3rd party glass s/p halo, why have it.

Last edited: