Question buying a fold 3 in a few days questions

Search This thread

khatinsek

Account currently disabled
Jun 22, 2022
how good is the battery long term I also want to m know how discord app runs and other overal app optimization like if it has full-screen view and such after the phone has been out 9 months also im not exactly pressed for a new phone right now i have an iPhone 8plus that i been using for a few years but i am not sure if I even want to continue with ios so if you also want to try selling me on the swap would appreciate? the only 2 choices I want to pick between are fold 3 or 13 pro max but some people say the s22 ultra is a good choice, is it worth waiting for the fold 4 do we have a date???

Last edited by a moderator:

boomdox

Feb 8, 2015
Staffordshire
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Why also wouldn't they, the'y have got an iPhone 8 plus and not in a rush for a device, with the z fold 4 coming out, the phone is becoming cheaper to buy so I'd guess now would be a good time to buy one.

I've had the s22 ultra, and handed it back so I could get the z fold 3, and it was the right decision, as I think the s22 ultra apart from the camera is no better than my old note 20 ultra and is just the same as all other Samsung phones. The camera apart from the front facing camera on this is a really good, and the rear camera can also be used for selfies too.
Exynos isn't as good as the Snapdragon processor and the z fold once you get used to the weight and size, is truly amazing device like nothing I've ever used before, and trust me, I've used alot of phones

Last edited:
Reactions: dezborders

bigfire

Feb 25, 2004
how good is the battery long term I also want to m know how discord app runs and other overal app optimization like if it has full-screen view and such after the phone has been out 9 months also im not exactly pressed for a new phone right now i have an iPhone 8plus that i been using for a few years but i am not sure if I even want to continue with ios so if you also want to try selling me on the swap would appreciate? the only 2 choices I want to pick between are fold 3 or 13 pro max but some people say the s22 ultra is a good choice, is it worth waiting for the fold 4 do we have a date?
I had the Fold 3 for about seven months - it broke and I got a full refund when they didn't have stock to replace it. I got the S22 Ultra, which is a great phone, but I'm counting the minutes until the Fold 4 comes out. I love the camera on the Ultra, but I otherwise far prefer having a foldable phone with the bigger screen. The comparatively small screen of the S22 Ultra drives me crazy every time I'm trying to read a book on it, read through documents, use the phone for cooking, etc. The S22 Ultra is a reasonable competitor to the iPhone, but the Fold is its own thing, and if you're into it, there's no going back.

F4 is not a big evolution. The crease is smaller. I think this is most important upgrade....but the difference I think will not be so big.
On the other way, price of F3 is lower and may be the best choice...
On Fold 3 battery is my biggest problem, but I learn to take 10.000 external battery with me all the time. A fast charger in the car..in intense usage battery drops to 20% in 4-5 hours.

Reactions: iceepyon

boomdox

Feb 8, 2015
Staffordshire
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Jesus, intense usage and it lasts 4 to 5 hours ? I'm not an intense user and it last me all day pretty much, I only charge it when I'm at work later at night, for a top before I get home about 2am in the morning.
As for the crease I thought I'd have a massive problem with that as well as the hole punch camera area but after a few weeks , I forget it's there, as well as the crease 👍

Last edited:
Jesus, intense usage and it lasts 4 to 5 hours ? I'm not an intense user and it last me all day pretty much, I only charge it when I'm at work later at night, for a top before I get home about 2am in the morning.
As for the crease I thought I'd have a massive problem with that as well as the hole punch camera area but after a few weeks , I forget it's there, as well as the crease 👍
Same here, I use my Fold 3 for everything and I can easily get a full days use out of it. I play games on it, watching videos, listen to music and do everything I want on it. I still managed to finish the end with around 20-30%

Reactions: m_w_clarke

Talderon

I'm in the same boat as others. I can use mine all day with normal browsing, games and media consumption and if I can't charge during the day, I normally end with about 20% or so. However, that is rare as I am normally near a charger most times (I work remote, so am home for the most part).

OJsakila

Mar 14, 2009
yea.. I have to agree that the phone is a TANK. 4 to 5 hours of high usage is someone in bed all day doing NOTHING except watching videos.. I am on the phone ALL day. I stream Howard Stern Show for 4 hours at work with bluetooth earbuds from 7am untill 11ish and then play my (locally downloaded onto my phone) music in my car thru Bluetooth and then take pics and post on several social media sites all day long. I easily have over 50% juice at 4pm or so after leaving the house at 5am... I can blast a little charge in the car if I FEEL THE URGE BUT i'm fine and never get below 40% ever ever! The phone is more than enough for most WORKING people. I cant say for the unemployed that sit around on their phone every waking hour complaining why Call of Duty mobile wont play for 6 straight hours. Its quite adequate

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why would you buy the fold 3 when the fold 4 is about to be released
    Why also wouldn't they, the'y have got an iPhone 8 plus and not in a rush for a device, with the z fold 4 coming out, the phone is becoming cheaper to buy so I'd guess now would be a good time to buy one.

I've had the s22 ultra, and handed it back so I could get the z fold 3, and it was the right decision, as I think the s22 ultra apart from the camera is no better than my old note 20 ultra and is just the same as all other Samsung phones. The camera apart from the front facing camera on this is a really good, and the rear camera can also be used for selfies too.
    Exynos isn't as good as the Snapdragon processor and the z fold once you get used to the weight and size, is truly amazing device like nothing I've ever used before, and trust me, I've used alot of phones
    F4 is not a big evolution. The crease is smaller. I think this is most important upgrade....but the difference I think will not be so big.
    On the other way, price of F3 is lower and may be the best choice...
    On Fold 3 battery is my biggest problem, but I learn to take 10.000 external battery with me all the time. A fast charger in the car..in intense usage battery drops to 20% in 4-5 hours.
    Same here, I use my Fold 3 for everything and I can easily get a full days use out of it. I play games on it, watching videos, listen to music and do everything I want on it. I still managed to finish the end with around 20-30%