• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Buying a Pixel 3 Verizon unlocked for International use.

Search This thread

boycho

Jan 18, 2012
The variant is GA00465-US and if I understand correctly the device approaches its EOL, with no way of installing custom ROMs to keep it up to date since it has a locked bootloader.
Anything else should I be aware of? Do I need a Verizon SIM for activation or updates? Does it come with any nonremovable bloatware?
I don't usually buy 2 year old models, but with the Pixel 3 costing less then my Note8 screen repair bill it will get the job done for a year or two.
Any help would be appreciated.

muhammad42620

Aug 2, 2019
In some cases you can actually unlock the bootloader of these phones. Try to boot it up without a SIM card and then look for the OEM unlock option. If you're lucky, it'll be there and you can unlock the phone

Reactions: boycho

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In some cases you can actually unlock the bootloader of these phones. Try to boot it up without a SIM card and then look for the OEM unlock option. If you're lucky, it'll be there and you can unlock the phone