Buzzer doesn't work, even brand new one

Search This thread

Waw22

Jul 16, 2014
Hello everyone!

A few days ago my buzzer stopped working properly - it worked only when i squizzed upper part of my phone. I've disassembled the phone to check what's going on.
Without housing buzzer started to work and then stopped during assembling. I tried to find out what the hell, but buzzer stopped working even without the housing :crying:

Things were getting serious so i took my voltage guage...
[i can't upload photos, so let's imagine antenna board - you can see three golden badges below the buzzer. Small: left side lower[1] and left side upper[2] and big one directly below the buzzer[3]. ]
...and i found ~2V on badge(not sure if i can call it badge) number 2.
I've apllied buzzer between badges 2 and 3 and it started to play music - i thought it was over, but it didn't work properly - it wasn't loud enough and i could hear hum for 2-5 seconds after every played sound.
I've changed buzzer and antenna board for original brand new stuff and... nothing new happened. :(

Does anyone know where should i look for fault? Any ideas?

PS i've already tested it on a stock 4.3, on CM12 and resurrection remix.

magicio

Aug 15, 2017
Replace it

Hello everyone!

A few days ago my buzzer stopped working properly - it worked only when i squizzed upper part of my phone. I've disassembled the phone to check what's going on.
Without housing buzzer started to work and then stopped during assembling. I tried to find out what the hell, but buzzer stopped working even without the housing :crying:

Things were getting serious so i took my voltage guage...
[i can't upload photos, so let's imagine antenna board - you can see three golden badges below the buzzer. Small: left side lower[1] and left side upper[2] and big one directly below the buzzer[3]. ]
...and i found ~2V on badge(not sure if i can call it badge) number 2.
I've apllied buzzer between badges 2 and 3 and it started to play music - i thought it was over, but it didn't work properly - it wasn't loud enough and i could hear hum for 2-5 seconds after every played sound.
I've changed buzzer and antenna board for original brand new stuff and... nothing new happened. :(

Does anyone know where should i look for fault? Any ideas?

PS i've already tested it on a stock 4.3, on CM12 and resurrection remix.

Buy new one from local market & replace the buzzer or ringer that should fix your problem, i did the same and my phone is going good.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone