• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General BVA9 - January | GALAXY S21 Ultra 5G | Official Firmware (SM-G998B) | 27th Jan

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I have look it primarily but it isn't something like just version issue. Something needs to look deeply. Will check sometime later when time permits.
The guy who modded the original hasn't responded to his original thread in a long time. So there isn't much hope he can do same with the one I sent you. But no rush anyway. Last seen August 2020 🤣🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211130-210011_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211130-210011_Samsung Internet.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 107

tso1

Jun 11, 2009
Do you know if this firmware will work with regular S21 5G (qualcomm)? I'm having a hard time finding a specific thread for the Official S21 Firmware (if you have a link, please share it). --- NOTE: when my S21 updated to Android 12/ OneUI 4.0 about 10 days ago, my phone became extremely unstable and was constantly rebooting. Then a Verizon Security patch was pushed and my phone got to 25% install, then bricked at 'Downloading'. Keep trying to reboot but it goes back to being bricked at 'Downloading'. Not sure if anyone else had that issue...

Do you know if this firmware will work with regular S21 5G (qualcomm)? I'm having a hard time finding a specific thread for the Official S21 Firmware (if you have a link, please share it). --- NOTE: when my S21 updated to Android 12/ OneUI 4.0 about 10 days ago, my phone became extremely unstable and was constantly rebooting. Then a Verizon Security patch was pushed and my phone got to 25% install, then bricked at 'Downloading'. Keep trying to reboot but it goes back to being bricked at 'Downloading'. Not sure if anyone else had that issue...
This thread is for exynos phones with model number G99XB. If you want to look for firmware for your snapdragon phone, you can search through the Frija app by putting in your phone's model number and CSC

amirage

Sep 1, 2010
Dubai
OnePlus Nord N100
Yep it's got to be the software that's causing high battery consumption as my battery health is perfectly fine. Also if you check Gsam battery monitor and android system wakelocks. The camera service is at it still !!!!!
This is a very eerie reminder of the first few iterations of A11. Hopefully, it should get better after 2 or 3 iterations...I sincerely hope so...

sn809

Dec 2, 2010
Have you got in touch with Verizon??
This firmware will not work in verizon S21

StefanMagu

Apr 12, 2021
Don t know what that is but i noticed while wearing wireless headphones in any type of calls(sim, whatsapp, instagram) and that the voice sounds a bit robotic at the end of some of the words spoken by the partner. The issue doesn t come from the headphones bc the sound experience for example when watching yt videos is as awesome as before.

tso1

Jun 11, 2009
Have you got in touch with Verizon??
This firmware will not work in verizon S21
So I have 'Samsung Care' Insurance (Asurion) and they are sending me a new device. However, I want to try to salvage this one so I can copy data and factory wipe before I return it. I tried Frija, using my Model # (SM-G991U) and the CSC (VZW) and it's not finding any Firmware to DL... gives me an error saying there isn't anything. I can't imagine that NO ONE has an official ROM for this device. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Reactions: sn809
So I have 'Samsung Care' Insurance (Asurion) and they are sending me a new device. However, I want to try to salvage this one so I can copy data and factory wipe before I return it. I tried Frija, using my Model # (SM-G991U) and the CSC (VZW) and it's not finding any Firmware to DL... gives me an error saying there isn't anything. I can't imagine that NO ONE has an official ROM for this device. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
I checked both Frija and Sammobile's database and nothing comes up for VZW. Latest firmware on sammobile was AUDB (Android 11 with the May security patch). Maybe nobody's grabbed the FW yet but that's unusual since T-Mobile, Sprint, and other carriers are up to date

tso1

Jun 11, 2009
I checked both Frija and Sammobile's database and nothing comes up for VZW. Latest firmware on sammobile was AUDB (Android 11 with the May security patch). Maybe nobody's grabbed the FW yet but that's unusual since T-Mobile, Sprint, and other carriers are up to date
I'm looing at their Firmware list now on Sammobile, but I don't see anything for SM-G991U..... I must be blind

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
BUKG arrived in Germany 3 weeks after BUK8. Same thing could happen for the next one.

3 weeks = 17 December
I've done a clean install of BUKG, only restored my contacts, music, video, and a few photos. Everything else I've done manually, see how things go. Curious to see everyone's home screens. Here's mine 😁🤩

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211202-144634_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211202-144634_One UI Home.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 111

Top Liked Posts