• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bypass amazon registration?

Search This thread

bwfcfan88

Sep 23, 2015
Hi all,

looking at doing some tv sticks pre loaded with kodi for a few friends and family. I've noticed that each one has to have an amazon account registered to it before you can start using it. I was wondering is there any way to bypass this or is it best to make a bogus account and use that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

gopichandpai

Jan 9, 2010
As far as I know, you can't bypass it. Fire TV needs an Amazon account. You can create a new account if you don't want to use an existing account.

hawkwind666

Jul 10, 2011
What i do is register it under my own account and add everything then go to
settings/my account/amazon account/deregester
Then the person just has to register an amazon account and everything will still be on the stick

dogandpig

Dec 10, 2015
@hawkwind666 - I tried that and it didn't seem to work. I am setting up a few sticks for family members as gifts. I only know one of their Amazon accounts and wanted to others to be a surprise. For the one I knew I set it up using my ID and the. Deregistered and signed in as him. When I did Ikono TV was gone and therefore the KODI shortcut.

bula1ca

Nov 18, 2014
@hawkwind666 - I tried that and it didn't seem to work. I am setting up a few sticks for family members as gifts. I only know one of their Amazon accounts and wanted to others to be a surprise. For the one I knew I set it up using my ID and the. Deregistered and signed in as him. When I did Ikono TV was gone and therefore the KODI shortcut.

Icon will disappear as soon as you deregister unit because Ikono app was purchased under your account. The only way to fix this is to purchase Ikono for each account and then set it up, no way around this.

Last edited:

Lol.

Dec 6, 2015
Use Firestarter to launch Kodi if you want to use a different account after side-loading. Otherwise sign in with the persons account before using the ikono/llama method, else a dummy account (you'll have to enter an address and set it as the one-click default before free apps can be downloaded on the account - no payment info required.)

85gallon

Feb 12, 2012
BFE
Hi all,

looking at doing some tv sticks pre loaded with kodi for a few friends and family. I've noticed that each one has to have an amazon account registered to it before you can start using it. I was wondering is there any way to bypass this or is it best to make a bogus account and use that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards
On the big AFTV, if ordered from Amazon, comes already tied to your account. When I fired up my new Fire 7 this weekend, the data for my account was automatically retrieved when I started the tab and hooked to wifi.

Lol.

Dec 6, 2015
On the big AFTV, if ordered from Amazon, comes already tied to your account. When I fired up my new Fire 7 this weekend, the data for my account was automatically retrieved when I started the tab and hooked to wifi.

I don't believe this applies to the Fire TV or Sticks. However, it is a prompted option when ordering any of their tablets, having ordered both a tablet and a Fire TV in the past month.

85gallon

Feb 12, 2012
BFE
I don't believe this applies to the Fire TV or Sticks. However, it is a prompted option when ordering any of their tablets, having ordered both a tablet and a Fire TV in the past month.
I'm sorry. I meant to say that my Fire TV was also tied to my account when I got it several months ago. Same with my Fire 7 I just got. The user name and account info were already in both.

I am sure they just tied the serial number to my account when it shipped so when I fired each of them up, they phoned home and did a lookup of the serial and populated my data in each device.

Lol.

Dec 6, 2015
I'm sorry. I meant to say that my Fire TV was also tied to my account when I got it several months ago. Same with my Fire 7 I just got. The user name and account info were already in both.

I am sure they just tied the serial number to my account when it shipped so when I fired each of them up, they phoned home and did a lookup of the serial and populated my data in each device.

That's odd, my Fire TV (4k) didn't, it prompted me to login or register on first boot. It wasn't bought from Amazon but it was new, maybe thats why. The Fire tablets though, they do give an option while purchasing to automatically link it to your account, I think it may be checked by default.

bula1ca

Nov 18, 2014
That's odd, my Fire TV (4k) didn't, it prompted me to login or register on first boot. It wasn't bought from Amazon but it was new, maybe thats why. The Fire tablets though, they do give an option while purchasing to automatically link it to your account, I think it may be checked by default.

It will only be linked to your account if you buy it direct from Amazon.

85gallon

Feb 12, 2012
BFE
It will only be linked to your account if you buy it direct from Amazon.
That was my point. They scan the serial when they (Amazon) ship it to the end customer. Of course it won't be linked if you pick one up at Bestbuy. Both my Fire TV and Fire 7 were both bought on that EVIL :mad: 'one click' they have so I can't comment on a check box as mentioned a few posts up.

metai

Jun 20, 2014
The problem is that you need to enable ADB debugging to sideload apps, and you need to enter the settings to enable ADB debugging, and you need to enter Fire TV Home to get to the settings. So, unfortunately, you need to log in with a (bogus) account at least once to get to the Fire TV home screen.

After that, though, it's an entirely different matter. Once you sideloaded Firestarter you can set it up to autostart and get to your apps without logging in at all. After a few seconds on the "log in or create account" prompt, Firestarter will kick in with its own launcher from where you can directly launch Kodi or any other app that isn't directly tied to your Amazon account.

Last edited:

Lol.

Dec 6, 2015
That was my point. They scan the serial when they (Amazon) ship it to the end customer. Of course it won't be linked if you pick one up at Bestbuy. Both my Fire TV and Fire 7 were both bought on that EVIL :mad: 'one click' they have so I can't comment on a check box as mentioned a few posts up.

That'll be why :laugh: I nearly missed the prompt myself, I don't trust myself with one-click.

TROJAN4EVR

Jan 11, 2015
In order to not have the fire tv or stick tied to your account when ordering direct from Amazon,... at checkout, select that its a "gift". You'll still be able to order it and have it shipped to you but it won't be tied to anyones account.

romeclone

Oct 21, 2016
I am unable to log in using my Amazon logins? Says it can not be registered. I bought it already loaded with a Kodi type app. Any suggestions?

May 9, 2015
Got the same problem with my stick i bought it from eBay but when i got it plugged in and connected to my Wi-Fi but when comes to the update it say unable to now i download the fire tv app and when i launch it the settings button states sleep , fire tv settings and app remote settings, when i click on the sleep button and then wake it up it takes me to the registration prompt but it won't let me login using my amazon account or to create please is there anyone who got past this stage.

Got the same problem with my stick i bought it from eBay but when i got it plugged in and connected to my Wi-Fi but when comes to the update it say unable to now i download the fire tv app and when i launch it the settings button states sleep , fire tv settings and app remote settings, when i click on the sleep button and then wake it up it takes me to the registration prompt but it won't let me login using my amazon account or to create please is there anyone who got past this stage.
yeah , these are faulty sticks and need to be returned , i tried everything even using the ethernet , my situation was a little different, when i got to registration screen the stick refused to update , and would display the update error . i even tried numerous factory reset . Nothing worked , send it back for a replacement