How To Guide Bypass battery while charging/gaming

Search This thread

PhilMorin

Feb 16, 2017
I am getting my phone tomorrow and i have been looking for 45w brick from samsung but its out of stock everywhere i look but yes the 25w charger that shipped with n20u works fine and does say super fast charging when plugged in so i assume it should work fine, if not i am getting that 45w brick anyways
I wish you the best of luck! This feature has been all but predictable, thanks to Samsung :(

psp888

Apr 29, 2010
So from all answers we can confirm that is needed original PD 25W or 45W samsung chargers to get this feature available. I also ordered 25W charger and probably will get it on Monday, after that will share and my results on S23U
It works with non Samsung Chargers, I have a multi port charger capable of 65W PD and that works with Pass through fine.

Jaxom84

Jan 12, 2022
I am getting my phone tomorrow and i have been looking for 45w brick from samsung but its out of stock everywhere i look but yes the 25w charger that shipped with n20u works fine and does say super fast charging when plugged in so i assume it should work fine, if not i am getting that 45w brick anyways
Else, you can go with this one.

Reactions: harsh9101

PhilMorin

Feb 16, 2017
I tried:

XTAR PB2S
Samsung EP-TA800

Nektek PDS75

For all of which I used the Cable that came with the S23U.
Imotep did mention earlier that the ep-ta800 wasn't "good enough" to make the option appear but once he had it appear using his 45w charger then he could also use the ep-ta800 (what a mess!).
I can't speak for the other 2 but my guess is that none are "good enough", unfortunately.

Reactions: d3kk

Lodix

Oct 2, 2013
Samsung should smarten up and move the feature (long overdue) in the Battery section.
2 use cases probably even more compelling than gaming:
- navigation (poor Uber drivers killing the phone battery day after day - or the occasional us)
- hotspot, especially these days when huge data buckets and speeds are available ( well, provided you don't live in Canada).

You can add music streamers, alarm clock and many more if you really want to make use of it. Maybe you won't use your spanking new S23ULTRA as dedicated music source, but in 4-5 years from now...

I thought Scamsung cared about the environment..after all they removed even the 1g plastic screen protector from the offer, not just the charger.
The best way to save the phones from landfill is to protect the battery, therefore negating the need to throw them away.

My 00000010 cents
When you lock the max battery to 85% it does the same. It uses the energy from the cable to work and doesn't use the battery.

Reactions: sosimple

d3kk

Imotep did mention earlier that the ep-ta800 wasn't "good enough" to make the option appear but once he had it appear using his 45w charger then he could also use the ep-ta800 (what a mess!).
I can't speak for the other 2 but my guess is that none are "good enough", unfortunately.

I'll get this, and let everyone know if it apears magically (thanks Samsung :) )

Funny things as I saw the phone uses 15W tops in Bypass. I hope they'll enable this to be used in Tasker or Routines (Although I have all bixby stuff disabled on the phone so Routines wouldn't work properly).

smurf4eto

Feb 7, 2023
I just got my ep-ta800 PD 25W charger and can confirm that it work , the option is appear on Game Booster settings

I enabled it but on game booster menu under Battery it say Charging... are this is like that on others that enable this feature ?

Paul_Deemer

Sep 21, 2017
Greenville, SC
Yes they are out of stock but I love that 45 watt charger. I had the 25w USB-C charger that came with the s20U until it died last year for whatever reason. My biggest grip with it though was the cord was so damn short. When I ordered the 45 watt charger from Samsung website I was shocked to see the USB-C charger came with a 6 foot cord and the cord was twice the thickness. So if you in need of a new charger you can't go wrong with the Samsung one. I love the 6 foot reach because you can plug it in anywhere.

Last edited:

PhilMorin

Feb 16, 2017
I just got my ep-ta800 PD 25W charger and can confirm that it work , the option is appear on Game Booster settings

I enabled it but on game booster menu under Battery it say Charging... are this is like that on others that enable this feature ?
Yes same here but if you look, the battery percentage doesn't go up. I suppose it's to still give you a hint that you're not using battery power.

smurf4eto

Feb 7, 2023
Yes, i read more about it, it just show the charging icon and chargin notification, but when the game is in foreground and you play is bypassed and remain in same percent. When i quit it say super fast charging again and do charging.

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
When you lock the max battery to 85% it does the same. It uses the energy from the cable to work and doesn't use the battery.
Are you sure? If I leave my phone on the charger all night, Accubattery reports the battery charging and discharging all the time, around 1%.
That's not a by-pass, but an upper limit protection.

I'd be happy to be wrong.

PhilMorin

Feb 16, 2017
Are you sure? If I leave my phone on the charger all night, Accubattery reports the battery charging and discharging all the time, around 1%.
That's not a by-pass, but an upper limit protection.

I'd be happy to be wrong.
My guess (with no actual fact) is that the 85% is not a bypass because in a game during bypass, you see the icon of the battery charging. With the 85% cap, it simply stops charging. And your output from accubattery seem to point in that direction too.

That said, it's very possible that it would at least help prevent too much heating from the phone as the charging would be quite low near 85%. Not sure how good it would be on the battery cycles though...

kpt_falkon

Jan 13, 2011
I can confirm the Bypass works with an Anker 735 GaN charger, an Anker 100w rated USB typeC-to-typeC cable, and as well the C-to-C cable provided by Samsung in the S23U's box.
The option even enabled itself when chained from the charger to my FNB48 power meter to the phone.

Reactions: EtherealRemnant

EtherealRemnant

I can confirm the Bypass works with an Anker 735 GaN charger, an Anker 100w rated USB typeC-to-typeC cable, and as well the C-to-C cable provided by Samsung in the S23U's box.
The option even enabled itself when chained from the charger to my FNB48 power meter to the phone.
Thanks. I have been considering one of those GaN chargers.

i have seen samsung 45 watt charger spec.

and i have iqoo11 120 watt charger.

all 45 watt samsung spec,iqoo11 can done same watt charging.

i think i don't need to buy new 45 samsung charger for my s23 ultra.
offline pick up at Feb 17th.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 54

Lodix

Oct 2, 2013
i have seen samsung 45 watt charger spec.

and i have iqoo11 120 watt charger.

all 45 watt samsung spec,iqoo11 can done same watt charging.

i think i don't need to buy new 45 samsung charger for my s23 ultra.
offline pick up at Feb 17th.
With that charger you can use the PPS to get 25w, it requires PPS with 5A to get the full 45w.

With that charger you can use the PPS to get 25w, it requires PPS with 5A to get the full 45w.
i will report it if my phone already hands on Feb 17th.

i can't test it because offline pick up at that day.

i think max 25 watt charging too.
because at my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G,super fast charging with that charger.

my LG v20 can operate many day without battery.
portable hotspot on 24 hours/day.

i don't have fiber internet at my home.

Attachments

• video_20230215_043455.mp4
    16.2 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: amn1987

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, I managed to get it to work.

As I'm on Android 14, I needed to re-install Tasker Settings

I used joao's github page to download and followed the instructions of installing with adb:

Code:
    adb install --bypass-low-target-sdk-block FILENAME.apk

Then I imported this tasker project.

***For the tasker project to work you also need AutoNotifications installed
    ***** option is invisible by default, which doesn't mean your phone is not compatible *****

Edit: You need a proper compatible PD charger ***that supports PPS*** to make this option appear. I had to plug my phone with my genuine Samsung charger for the option to finally appear. Also, I had to access the settings option **from within** a game for it to appear. Accessing the game boosters settings while outside a game, even with the Samsung charger, didn't make the option appear. Once it appears though, you'll see it all the time going forward.

Edit #2: one way to confirm you have a proper charger, plug your phone and then go to settings, device care, battery. It should indicate that a super fast charger is connected (if it says fast charger, it doesn't support PPS and probably won't work with this) (and if it says "charger" then you really need to get yourself a new charger anyway 😂)

Edit #3: Make sure that the fast charging option is enabled (in settings, battery, battery settings)

----------------------
    Found this and thought others might be interested. The option is found in the game booster options and allows you to power your phone using the power cable without charging the battery. This way you can play while saving your battery life and also generating less heat.

Source around 10:40 :
    Any chance that this Bypass Option will be unlocked / hacked so it can be used overall using the phone instead of being just limited to games only?
    I've managed to unlock it for normal usage (the same restriction apply as for games: charger with PPS support must be used). However, since now there is no application to do that (I've created feature request, you can vote for that: https://github.com/pascua28/SBatteryTweaks/issues/5). It is possible to do that either using adb or tasker with tasker settings. To turn it on or off system setting "pass_through" should be set to 1 or 0.

The only problem is when using Dex with USB-C hub. I cannot find hub with support for PPS charging so if anyone knows some model with such support it would be helpful.

ADB commands:
    to enable:
    Code:
    adb shell settings put system pass_through 1
    to disable:
    Code:
    adb shell settings put system pass_through 0
    to check status:
    Code:
    adb shell settings get system pass_through

Example tasker configuration (tasker settings must be installed, WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS permission should be added like here:
    1697644705356.jpeg
    Just verified this on my S22 Ultra, and it is present. The options is enabled once you connect your charger and is greyed out once you remove it.
    If device is idle, then charging works as usual but once you start playing a game, the charging is paused. This is cool feature, wish it worked while using Samsung Dex as well.
    To have the bypass-feature switchable by a quicksettings-toggle, no matter which app is used, would be perfect. Would make the option in gamebooster obsolete and could be useful for many situations so safe the battery. Maybe it comes in future updates if the resonance from the gamers is good. Fingers crossed.
    I'm using Anker PowerPort III 65W charger to get the Pause USB Power Delivery option to appear in Game Booster and Anker PowerCore Metro 10000mah powerbank does work with charging.

If you are using a compatible charger, you should be able to see the charging status change from Charging (xx mins until full) to Charging.
    qK4dcJ0.jpg

I2j5Kq4.jpg