Bypass for Galaxy Watch Intro after Reset (back button not working)

Search This thread
Hello:
I have the Galaxy Watch 42mm version and I have had non stop problems with it. I believed them when Samsung said it was rated IP68 - it is the whole reason I bought the watch - and I have been in our swimming pool with it a couple times. I usually would take it off before I get in, but like I said, there have been a couple times where I forgot at first, but then did take it off pretty quickly. Keep in mind this is a shallow 5' deep pool, and it was on my wrist so never more than say 2-3' max down into the water. Regardless of its IP68 rating, however, it quit charging and once it drained the battery that was it. I put it in direct sunlight in a window for a day, now it does charge and powers on fine, but the back button has quit working. I also had done a reset on the watch per recommendations I've read to try and get the back button to work again, but now not only does it still not work, but I am stuck in the intro to the watch. where it tells you to twist the bezel this way and that way then it wants me to press the back button to continue the tutorial. I cannot figure out a way to get past this point in the tutorial. I know from what I have read from lots of users that if I send it in to Samsung, they'll just say it had gotten wet so no warranty (which I think is terrible), and they will likely charge me the same like they are charging everyone else - $219.99 for the repair. The watch now retails on Amazon, brand new, for $219, so no way I will pay that amount. Any ideas on how to get past the tutorial?
Thanks!

Charkatak

Aug 11, 2012
WA
Hello:
I have the Galaxy Watch 42mm version and I have had non stop problems with it. I believed them when Samsung said it was rated IP68 - it is the whole reason I bought the watch - and I have been in our swimming pool with it a couple times. I usually would take it off before I get in, but like I said, there have been a couple times where I forgot at first, but then did take it off pretty quickly. Keep in mind this is a shallow 5' deep pool, and it was on my wrist so never more than say 2-3' max down into the water. Regardless of its IP68 rating, however, it quit charging and once it drained the battery that was it. I put it in direct sunlight in a window for a day, now it does charge and powers on fine, but the back button has quit working. I also had done a reset on the watch per recommendations I've read to try and get the back button to work again, but now not only does it still not work, but I am stuck in the intro to the watch. where it tells you to twist the bezel this way and that way then it wants me to press the back button to continue the tutorial. I cannot figure out a way to get past this point in the tutorial. I know from what I have read from lots of users that if I send it in to Samsung, they'll just say it had gotten wet so no warranty (which I think is terrible), and they will likely charge me the same like they are charging everyone else - $219.99 for the repair. The watch now retails on Amazon, brand new, for $219, so no way I will pay that amount. Any ideas on how to get past the tutorial?
Thanks!

Back button quit working on my watch by itself and I have reset the watch, but facing same issue there intro tutorial asks me to press back button, which I can't. Were you able pass that tutorial?

j.santz

Apr 16, 2021
Hello, just found my self in the same situation. Thankfully I found a way to bypass the tutorial with another tutorial. One you can skip. With the watch on and linked to your phone, go to the Samsung Wear App. Go to accessibility and screen reader. Turn it on and launch the tutorial. This will bypass the startup tutorial on the watch and replace it with this one. Just skip the tutorial and turn off the reader. Hope it helps!!!

• Love
Reactions: mentalityx

tinhduong

Mar 29, 2012
Hanoi
I dont remember exactly, you may try to cover the screen of watch with your hand few times (like the last step in the tutorial), then it could be skip (just tried with my Galaxy Watch running tizen 5.5 and it work)
Dont know if this hidden feature is still existed or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: adfree and galaxys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I dont remember exactly, you may try to cover the screen of watch with your hand few times (like the last step in the tutorial), then it could be skip (just tried with my Galaxy Watch running tizen 5.5 and it work)
    Dont know if this hidden feature is still existed or not.
    Hello, just found my self in the same situation. Thankfully I found a way to bypass the tutorial with another tutorial. One you can skip. With the watch on and linked to your phone, go to the Samsung Wear App. Go to accessibility and screen reader. Turn it on and launch the tutorial. This will bypass the startup tutorial on the watch and replace it with this one. Just skip the tutorial and turn off the reader. Hope it helps!!!