If someone get hidden.img error when flash stock rom:
DON'T PANIC like me Even if you reboot your device you see something like corrupted update firmware bla bla bla.
1. DON'T PANIC!
2. Rename home_csc file - erase .md5 at the end,
3. Using winrar you must unpack home_csc file,
4. find hidden.img, copy it to your favourite plac on computer like: C:/ files/photos of vacation/secret/porn or where you like
5. at the end of name "hidden.img" add .tar - it must look "hidden.img.tar"
6. reset phone to download mode - you must press seven seconds vol down + bixby + power buttons - next of course vol up to continue
7. In ODIN add only hidden.img.tar in CSC file
9. after finish phone normally boot.
10. Next steps like in instructions like skip every option, do factory reset etc
I've got this problem in polish version of SM-G955F branding in PLUS GSM, but i think i'm not only one. Maybe add this instruction to first post
Story time: Just got new phone yesterday. Today after setting it all up I went and got a case. As I got home however the screen was unresponsive. Nothing worked.. so I had to do soft reset (vol down+ power). However after it rebooted I could not get rid of the lock screen. My thumbprint reader wouldn't unlock the device and none of the passwords I remembered unlocked the device. I had to do a factory reset (after 15 attempts). After a bit of rebooting I finally got to the google account login screen. I typed in my information but It says I changed my password within 24 hours so I am now locked out of my phone for the next 24 hours. I know the password. I have my sim for 2-step verification. But I am locked out.
I've read of bypass methods working for older samsung devices but is there one that could work with the s8+? I need to use my device for work. Am I SOL until tomorrow?