Bypass Samsung Knox factory reset protection

Search This thread
Oct 6, 2019
I have an Android device supplied by my government for students and secured by Samsung Knox. However & unfortunately, I forgot the security pattern of the device and I want to hard reset it to access it again. But Knox prevents factory reset by all the ways :/

I have tried entering the pattern in a wrong way 20+ times but it still refuses to achieve a factory reset. I have also tried booting into Android recovery but the factory reset option says MDM disallows factory reset.

Also Google's Find My Device can't even detect the device so I can't reset it using Google's Find My Device. And developer options are disabled by Knox too so I can't do it using adb

I know that I have made it complex but its the truth and I was wondering if someone knows any way or PC tool to hard reset without USB debugging, or a PC tool that can enable USB debugging.

I don't want to flash ROMs because they will erase Knox which I shouldn't erase :/

Any help would be appreciated.

ivanjfm

Oct 4, 2020
hard reset of a device with secure knox

I have exactly the same problem.

Can you share the solution if you found one?

Thanks.

prashantp01

May 21, 2016
Mumbai
I have an Android device supplied by my government for students and secured by Samsung Knox. However & unfortunately, I forgot the security pattern of the device and I want to hard reset it to access it again. But Knox prevents factory reset by all the ways :/

I have tried entering the pattern in a wrong way 20+ times but it still refuses to achieve a factory reset. I have also tried booting into Android recovery but the factory reset option says MDM disallows factory reset.

Also Google's Find My Device can't even detect the device so I can't reset it using Google's Find My Device. And developer options are disabled by Knox too so I can't do it using adb

I know that I have made it complex but its the truth and I was wondering if someone knows any way or PC tool to hard reset without USB debugging, or a PC tool that can enable USB debugging.

I don't want to flash ROMs because they will erase Knox which I shouldn't erase :/

Any help would be appreciated.
See if you can enter recovery mode

ivanjfm

Oct 4, 2020
See if you can enter recovery mode

I can enter "safe mode" but even there the tablet ask me for the password I haven't got in order to switch off the flight mode that prevents any attempt to locate the smartphone from the Samsung remote service.

Secured Knox prevents hard reset.
No password + flight mode on => Do I throw an almost new device to the bin?
There should be a way, I cannot imagine there is not way around this.

:(

ahmedgeddo

Sep 29, 2021
Odin mode is disabled by administrator
I don't know how could it be possible
so when pressing power button, volume down and home all together (samsung galaxy tab A sm-t585)
the device is ignoring me completely and boot normally into android
I need to flash another official firmware.
pleeeeeeease , can anyone give me a working method to flash that firmware.
Thanx in advance

wxo

Sep 15, 2009
Sony Xperia 1 II
Update for posterity. I did find a way around this. You essentially have to re-flash your device - which isn't difficult, but it will result in losing all data on the device.

1. Enter download mode by holding vol+, vol- & power keys while plugging in your phone via USB to your computer (windows machines only). This must be done from a powered off status.
2. Download Odin
3. Download OEM firmware for your device (Samfirm or Firja tools can help with this)
4. Download Samsung USB drivers
5. With all of these tools and with your firmware obtained, go into download mode and flash your device.
6. Once complete, the device will format itself (you will lose all data) and boot into initial configuration mode where you can set up you device as if it were new.

Reactions: jobzsparrow
Update for posterity. I did find a way around this. You essentially have to re-flash your device - which isn't difficult, but it will result in losing all data on the device.

1. Enter download mode by holding vol+, vol- & power keys while plugging in your phone via USB to your computer (windows machines only). This must be done from a powered off status.
2. Download Odin
3. Download OEM firmware for your device (Samfirm or Firja tools can help with this)
5. With all of these tools and with your firmware obtained, go into download mode and flash your device.
6. Once complete, the device will format itself (you will lose all data) and boot into initial configuration mode where you can set up you device as if it were new.

Did you success flash fw ?
after finish flashing , any authentication required ?

klhd

Jun 14, 2011

2. Download Odin
This procedure didn't work for me.
In order to factory reset, before flashing the stock firmware/ROM, I had to flash the TWRP and wipe everything.
Followed this procedure for my galaxy tab:

It worked fine. Once wiped through recovery TWRP, I flashed the stock ROM and everything was fine and factory reset.

Unfortunately before starting I tried an auto root procedure but Knox recognized and locked everything (so the counter now is 0x1).

Last edited:

Whiteninja73

Jan 31, 2019
Hell
so when pressing power button, volume down and home all together (samsung galaxy tab A sm-t585)
Thanx in advance
You can get to Odin mode with knox. Message me back and I’ll explain. You basically trick the device. Does it have removable battery?
I’ve done it on dozens of Xcover pro devices.
Simple Simon

M8105

Mar 17, 2018
אתה יכול להגיע למצב אודין עם נוקס. שלח לי הודעה ואני אסביר. אתה בעצם מרמה את המכשיר. האם יש לו סוללה נשלפת?
עשיתי את זה על עשרות מכשירי Xcover pro.
סיימון פשוט
Hey friend
You say you can get into Odin mode with active knox?
I tried dozens of options without success, I would be happy if you explain to me what your solution is (my device without a removable battery ...)

Last edited:

vince_junior

Dec 23, 2010
Manila
This procedure didn't work for me.
In order to factory reset, before flashing the stock firmware/ROM, I had to flash the TWRP and wipe everything.
Followed this procedure for my galaxy tab:

It worked fine. Once wiped through recovery TWRP, I flashed the stock ROM and everything was fine and factory reset.

Unfortunately before starting I tried an auto root procedure but Knox recognized and locked everything (so the counter now is 0x1).
The first recommendation did not work for me, too. After the tab reboots, it says its installing the updates but up to 32% only, then it erases, then it goes back to the same problem.

Tried your quoted solution. However, upon installing twrp, it says it cant install because of frp lock. How do i go about it? Please help....

dot_rod

Sep 16, 2022
sm-g525f , tried to flash andriod and succeded but knox persists,
there is no TWRP file for this fone.

so I Tried this, followed closely to extract but CM file not exist.

COMBINATION_FAC_FAR0_G525FXXU1AUB1

lots of other bin files in there to try, any suggestions?

dot_rod

Sep 16, 2022

2. Download Odin
SM-G525F. yup, can flash android BUT knox persists.

seems TWRP file needed but none exists.

Tried the video above in post 5 but there is no CM file.

Any Ideas?

seriouslycgi

Oct 16, 2022

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanx in advance
    You can get to Odin mode with knox. Message me back and I’ll explain. You basically trick the device. Does it have removable battery?
    Simple Simon
    Simple Simon
    I have 2 X cover pro devices that are knox locked. Could you explain how you manage to trick the device and get to Odin mode?

2. Download Odin
    I have 2 X cover pro devices that are knox locked. Could you explain how you manage to trick the device and get to Odin mode?
    This may help. This will allow u to use it, but locked again when reset. install samfwfrptool v 2.3 (I used a newer one once think 2.6 then issue w/ 3.X so went back to 2.3) when plug phone in fresh reset on welcome screen. Open app youll see the samsung usb modem in top drop down box (if not verrify drivers) then click on disable knox. Follow on screen prompt to choose emergency dialer and dial *#0*# that will enable diag mode, adb, and bypass knox enrollment w/o tripping efuse. phone will restart to home screen. Then add acc. customize as usual. (RESETTING WILL LOCK AND REQUIRE THIS 2B DONE AGAIN, just a BYPASS not a fix
    https://mega.nz/file/y3x3DJbS#Q8JpXrCXbuqxgiy3SjuygUiYE7a2g-HUtcZRXFsxhoU v2.3