Bypassing 360h wait to unlock bootloader

yusoffb01

Dec 4, 2011
MOD EDIT by @gregbradley
It appears this method has now been patched and no longer works. @yusoffb01, please PM me if you have any issues with this edit. At this point you have been inactive for 8 days.

Managed to unlock phone without waiting for 360 hours On miui rom 9.5.6 or earlier. The trick is to use 2 accounts.
Both accounts must have applied for unlock permissions.

Login first account on phone, Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status. Tap on “Add Account” to bind to phone. Also enable OEM unlock option

Restart to fastboot (hold volume down + power button)

Using mi flash tool, login to first account and try to unlock, you will have 360h timer.

Restart phone, sign out of miui and login to second account, but DO NOT BIND PHONE. Then restart to fastboot

Login to second account on mi flash tool, then unlock will be successful without timer

Edit: if latest mi flash tool still gives you 360h on second account,
Use the old Mi Unlock version, 2.2.624.14. link here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76668386&postcount=85

Edit: Looks like this method and using older unlock tool or older miui firmware does not work. Using old or new miui account doesnt work. You have to wait 2 weeks

Last edited by a moderator:

bayad

Apr 7, 2011
Djibouti
Managed to unlock phone without waiting for 360 hours On china stable rom. The trick is to use 2 accounts.
Both accounts must have applied for unlock permissions.

Login first account on phone, Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status. Tap on “Add Account” to bind to phone. Also enable OEM unlock option

Restart to fastboot (hold volume down + power button)

Using mi flash tool, login to first account and try to unlock, you will have 360h timer.

Restart phone, sign out of miui and login to second account, but DO NOT BIND PHONE. Then restart to fastboot

Login to second account on mi flash tool, then unlock will be successful without timer

Really usefull tricks ;)

Ghoul159

Dec 5, 2015
Xiaomi removed the waiting limit for whyred users after bashing of Indian users. Originally its intended for 86006 error users but it's working for every whyred user. Jusr saying, there are already four threads with the same old content. Why another again?

bayad

Apr 7, 2011
Djibouti
Xiaomi removed the waiting limit for whyred users after bashing of Indian users. Originally its intended for 86006 error users but it's working for every whyred user. Jusr saying, there are already four threads with the same old content. Why another again?
I think it's usefull because I've seen in many forums that there is 360 hours waiting time to unlock bootloader for many people...

yusoffb01

Dec 4, 2011
Because this is for china version, not your indian 86006 error.

Ghoul159

Dec 5, 2015
Because this is for china version, not your indian 86006 error.
Like I said, they remove the gates for whyred. Not only for India but also for all users global/china. This is not new and was already posted. Check the other threads and see the posts made by Indonesia and Chinese users in that thread. If it works for whyred global then creating another thread solely for it doesn't make any sense.

UCFour

May 3, 2013
Haha, the one you really shouldn't try has turned out to be the solution. How weird :p
Until last month, if u unbind your account the timer resets and you will have to wait another 360 hours

n3w0rk

Aug 24, 2010
Frankfurt am Main
Ehm... To be honest, i had no waiting time at all. I instantly unlocked my redmi note 5 without any issues. Since when put xiaomi those restriction on? And does those unlocking mechanism's are limited to new accounts.

anubisjack

May 3, 2017
Ehm... To be honest, i had no waiting time at all. I instantly unlocked my redmi note 5 without any issues. Since when put xiaomi those restriction on? And does those unlocking mechanism's are limited to new accounts.
i dun think because of new account, my account created since years ago, like 2011? i also got 360 hours to unlock, now left 70 hours.

wiz569

Jan 30, 2011
The two accounts trick worked for me too but I did have bind the second account for it to work :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

yusoffb01

Dec 4, 2011
if it doesn't affect you, good. You shouldn't look in this thread then.

Reactions: spidy0471

corkiejp

Sep 27, 2012
Cork
www.boards.ie
Don't have two accounts!

Don't have two accounts!

Is the exception to WHYRED, still valid?

Got my Global Version, today and bound the device to my account.

Haven't tried unlocking yet, but I read on other threads that using an old unlock tool, might make unlocking easier. (pass few days doing research).

I still have a nearly two year old version, on my laptop from when I unlocked my Kenzo.

What do people advise.

Thanks in Advance.
Sorry if posting in the wrong place.

Reactions: spidy0471