Bypassing 360h wait to unlock bootloader

Search This thread

Vink67

Jun 20, 2012
True but I can understand why they use a countdown as "security" now at least we still have the option to unlock it after the 15 days, not like Huawei / Honor where they block it completely which is really stupid... Motorola also requires an online code that you get via E-mail on all their devices to unlock them now, while its more or less instant it's another step where we have no control anymore.

The Mi flash tool should tell you how many hours are remaining until you can unlock it or do you get a different error code?
True, for me that's no sense because Xiaomi release source code kernel for they device so why block bootloader like so... Non sense at all.

Ajudia

Oct 13, 2017
Using different method with lots of ids but waiting new 360hours for all ids, I seems after 360 hours it will reset again new timer to irritate more

Last edited:
Reactions: kkq29

corpcd

Sep 30, 2012
Using different method with lots of ids but waiting new 360hours for all ids, I seems after 360 hours it will reset again new timer to irritate more

Nope, you can only wait with one mi accound bound to one device, if you bound your device to another account then the first one is cancelled and the countdown start in the second one. If you bound your device to the first account then the counter will be again 360h and the counter of the second account will be reset.

But once an account has been authorised to open bootloader, it can be used once every 30 days, so it is better to create a new account (15 days).

Reactions: Ajudia

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
There are at least 2 guys from our local forum who tested this. I have unlocked before using 2 account method (which doesn't work now anymore), so I can't test this anymore. Try with your own risk.

1. Login to i.mi.com with the same account with the device.
2. There will a popup banner to upgrade and sign-in, click it
3. Login again
4. Go to Find My device and make sure the device can be found
5. Open Mi Unlock 2.3.803.10 (i don't know which one, try to find it), login, put the device into fastboot, and try to unlock without binding the account. Don't close the mi unlock.
6. unlock failed, restart phone and bind the account at the phone.
7. reboot to fastboot again after binding and try to unlock again
8. It will stuck at 99%, loading without any error message. Somehow the user close the mi unlock after 5 minutes
9. Open the mi unlock again, login and try to unlock and suddenly it success. Phone restart, data wiped and unlocked already.

I don't test this, so if there is something doesn't work, please try to adapt, improvise and overcome it. Make report if it works for you and which step that you follow (or improvise), so other can benefit from it.

napes22

May 16, 2008
There are at least 2 guys from our local forum who tested this. I have unlocked before using 2 account method (which doesn't work now anymore), so I can't test this anymore. Try with your own risk.

3. Login again
5. Open Mi Unlock 2.3.803.10 (i don't know which one, try to find it), login, put the device into fastboot, and try to unlock without binding the account. Don't close the mi unlock.
8. It will stuck at 99%, loading without any error message. Somehow the user close the mi unlock after 5 minutes
9. Open the mi unlock again, login and try to unlock and suddenly it success. Phone restart, data wiped and unlocked already.

I don't test this, so if there is something doesn't work, please try to adapt, improvise and overcome it. Make report if it works for you and which step that you follow (or improvise), so other can benefit from it.

Has anyone given this a shot yet? I receive my Mi Mix 2S today and would like to unlock to install the Beta Miui 10.

conduisant

Jun 14, 2014

3. Login again

tested yet, i've got "couldn't unlock" each time i try to unlock with Mi Unlock 2.3.803.10 according to your tutorial...

Ayan Uchiha Choudhury

Dec 30, 2013
Barrackpore
All the patches as of now are fixed by Xiaomi. So kindly do not use the dual account trick, cuz the moment you logout and login via a different account your previous account timer gets reset. You need to wait for 15 days.

Also a kind request to the OP to remove the word solved or anything similar. While your trick worked earlier it does not anymore sadly. And there are people will be trying this without reading the last posts. So you might unintentionally dupe them(again unintentionally I said cuz this trick did work previously). So kindly remove the word solved or added previously solved and similar words

Litaro

Mar 14, 2018
Current account is not bound to this device

Hello.
With the second account Mi unlock (old and new version) say for my redmi 5+ : current account is not bound to this device
Do i bind with the second account?

Flynhx

Jun 16, 2015
/system/lost+found
Hello.
With the second account Mi unlock (old and new version) say for my redmi 5+ : current account is not bound to this device
Do i bind with the second account?

Eitherway, If you bind your 2nd Account you will still get 360h notice. Sadly, Xiaomi somehow fixed this bypass so there's no other way but to wait for 15days. As for me, i'm on my 3rd day today so 13days left to unlock my RN5Pro. :rolleyes:

corpcd

Sep 30, 2012
Eitherway, If you bind your 2nd Account you will still get 360h notice. Sadly, Xiaomi somehow fixed this bypass so there's no other way but to wait for 15days. As for me, i'm on my 3rd day today so 13days left to unlock my RN5Pro. :rolleyes:

Me also, and xiaomi.eu miui 10 (8.6.16/18) will be released this evening for Redmi RN5.

Last edited:

kkq29

May 22, 2011
bali

we are together my god why xiaomi do this ???

Flynhx

Jun 16, 2015
/system/lost+found
To all members with a newly bought xiaomi device who is currently waiting to unlock its bootloader..
I just wanna say your in luck cause you get a taste of the oversome sweetness of vanilla MIUI for more than 2 weeks.

We are, the 360-hr Squad!

Reactions: kkq29

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT by @gregbradley
    It appears this method has now been patched and no longer works. @yusoffb01, please PM me if you have any issues with this edit. At this point you have been inactive for 8 days.

Managed to unlock phone without waiting for 360 hours On miui rom 9.5.6 or earlier. The trick is to use 2 accounts.
    Both accounts must have applied for unlock permissions.

Login first account on phone, Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status. Tap on “Add Account” to bind to phone. Also enable OEM unlock option

Restart to fastboot (hold volume down + power button)

Using mi flash tool, login to first account and try to unlock, you will have 360h timer.

Restart phone, sign out of miui and login to second account, but DO NOT BIND PHONE. Then restart to fastboot

Login to second account on mi flash tool, then unlock will be successful without timer

vY7ZniY.png

Edit: if latest mi flash tool still gives you 360h on second account,
    Use the old Mi Unlock version, 2.2.624.14. link here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76668386&postcount=85

Edit: Looks like this method and using older unlock tool or older miui firmware does not work. Using old or new miui account doesnt work. You have to wait 2 weeks
    yes, but if they managed to unlock bootloader with we have to wait 15 days that no makes sence, if a buyer want too unlock bootloader and the brand permit why the 15 days?? that is my point, the brand should have a form that explain the pros and cons, and allow immediately permit unlock. what the diference between immediately and after 15days? this is my point
    To make you use MIUI in that time. They sell these phones at ridiculous prices, almost at the cost of manufacturing. So if they sell you a phone for same amount of money it cost to make, and you get rid of MIUI as soon as you get phone, they have no profit from you at all. Business model is to get user used to MIUI and whole MI service bundle, trying to make money there.(Themes, messages, cloud services). Also if you get used to MIUI and its services, your next item(tv, phone, smartband, smartwatch, rise cooker or whatever) is also more likely to be made by xiaomi.
    I can confirm it: unlock your phone with that version https://www27.zippyshare.com/v/XbiIkf2j/file.html like in the description --> no waiting time
    Hi everyone.
    I have a completely different problem. The unlock app told me to wait 360 hours. The time is up, I tried to unlock and now it says 407 hours.

F*CKING XIAOMI

I know what phone I am NOT buying next...
    pre recruitment steps

1. Need Mi account with unlock permission. if dont have apply for it and wait http://en.miui.com/unlock/
    2. Need Old Mi Unlocking Tool https://www27.zippyshare.com/v/XbiIkf2j/file.html

Unlocking Process

1. Login with your mi account which has unlock permission.
    2. Bound Mi account in developer option-> mi unlock status.
    3. Try to unlock. (It will throw error of waiting bla bla hrs)
    4. Create a new account.
    5. On device and unlock tool, Logout from old Mi account and login from New Mi account.
    6. Try to unlock. its done.
    7. Hit that thanks Button.

It should unlock successfully. If didn't work probably you are doing wrong or Xiaomi fixed the flaw.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone