Bypassing 360h wait to unlock bootloader

Search This thread

xXfreshXx

Jun 24, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
I have two theories for this silly wait time:
1. Force the users to try miui and maybe they like it and stay
2. Hope they log into Google for 15 days and we load all their data (contacts, email, pictures, ...) on our servers to analyze it
But this is only speculation to understand the waiting time.

zoko

Aug 6, 2007
Lisbon
2. Hope they log into Google for 15 days and we load all their data (contacts, email, pictures, ...) on our servers to analyze it

Yes it´s a nice theory but for example i want to unlock bootloader, but i´m gonna stay on MIUI ROM but with personal modifications

G

GuestK00324

Or for the security reason what if your phone gets stolen

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
Of course it is to get people stay ith MIUI. After 15 days most of us had accepted it and arrrgh, yeah, many won't change anymore. In the end Xiaomi hopes to make money via the software.

I still would, however. I like MIUI but it's overload of security and privacy bloat that I don't need, and apps that call home constantly. Where is the super trimmed down MIUI?

xXfreshXx

Jun 24, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
Yes it´s a nice theory but for example i want to unlock bootloader, but i´m gonna stay on MIUI ROM but with personal modifications
Exactly. You can wait 15 days for unlock easily. And they don't bother you much.

Or for the security reason what if your phone gets stolen
Huh? So it's safe for 15 days. Applause. And I think AOSP has also "Find my phone"-features.

Of course it is to get people stay ith MIUI. After 15 days most of us had accepted it and arrrgh, yeah, many won't change anymore. In the end Xiaomi hopes to make money via the software.
I still would, however. I like MIUI but it's overload of security and privacy bloat that I don't need, and apps that call home constantly. Where is the super trimmed down MIUI?
Same for me. I simply don't want to trust Xiaomi. And I need adblock. And so much other automation things. I stay on my iPhone 5 seven more days until I can unlock my Note 5 which is waiting unused in the corner.

wadiehabib

Jan 25, 2014

Exactly. You can wait 15 days for unlock easily. And they don't bother you much.

Huh? So it's safe for 15 days. Applause. And I think AOSP has also "Find my phone"-features.

Same for me. I simply don't want to trust Xiaomi. And I need adblock. And so much other automation things. I stay on my iPhone 5 seven more days until I can unlock my Note 5 which is waiting unused in the corner.

The 360 hrs wait period is basically targeting third party distributors who sell Xiaomi phones with modified MIUI. They now have to wait 15 days to unlock, which means they will wait for Xiaomi to release global version phones instead of selling Chinese version with modified global roms.

Last edited:

xXfreshXx

Jun 24, 2011
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
The 360 hrs wait period is basically targeting third party distributors who sell Xiaomi phones with modified MIUI. They now have to wait 15 days to unlock, which means they will wait for Xiaomi to release global version phones instead of selling Chinese version with modified global roms.
And why it wasn't removed after global version was released?

Last edited:

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
tested yet, i've got "couldn't unlock" each time i try to unlock with Mi Unlock 2.3.803.10 according to your tutorial...
You need to make sure you find your device first. There is another user confirm unlock using this method again, using only single account. I honestly don't know what is the exact step. But they all said you need to be able to find the device and get the correct location first (this is crucial). Then follow the rest, try to unlock - fail, bind the account and try again.

Xiaomi don't have bootloader locked in the past. But at 2015, Bluebox try to put shame on Xiaomi, but was shamed instead. This show us if there is no waiting time for the binding, actually it is less secure. The bootloader started to get locked soon after that, and longer waiting time was imposed from year to year.

There are a lot seller here, they sell unlocked RN5 (whyred global version). I don't know, maybe they can sell at cheaper price, plus the bonus malware built-in too. But of course for you who prefer Unlocked, this is better, since you can flash custom ROM directly from day 0.

darmajiess

Jan 3, 2018
just got my device few hours ago and able to unlock it..

I think xiaomi let old account (maybe 2-3years old) to unlock device without waiting 360h..
because
first I tried using new account created a year ago and I need to wait for 360h, but then I switch to account I created long time ago (around 2014) and suddenly I can unlock it without 360h waiting..

dustmalik

Feb 8, 2017

I think xiaomi let old account (maybe 2-3years old) to unlock device without waiting 360h..
because
first I tried using new account created a year ago and I need to wait for 360h, but then I switch to account I created long time ago (around 2014) and suddenly I can unlock it without 360h waiting..
Detailed procedure would be appreciated. I mean exactly how you went about it.

darmajiess

Jan 3, 2018
Detailed procedure would be appreciated. I mean exactly how you went about it.
I have two mi account,
one I created around 2014 when I bought redmi 1s (old) and one created a year ago (new)..
- first I tried to unlock using my new account, MIunlock told me to wait 360h
- logout new account from my phone and computer
- sign in using my old account on both phone and computer, then it worked... no need to wait 360h to unlock

I read about it here : https://xdaforums.com/xiaomi-mi-mix-2s/help/fubar-360-hours-to-unlock-bruno-mars-t3798460
some people use old account to unlock and it worked

Reactions: dustmalik

Nd@

Jul 28, 2017
Hailakandi

because
Bro can u watsapp me ur Account i will just unlock and Logbout dont worry..

t.hasan1

Mar 16, 2015
There are at least 2 guys from our local forum who tested this. I have unlocked before using 2 account method (which doesn't work now anymore), so I can't test this anymore. Try with your own risk.

1. Login to i.mi.com with the same account with the device.
2. There will a popup banner to upgrade and sign-in, click it
3. Login again
4. Go to Find My device and make sure the device can be found
5. Open Mi Unlock 2.3.803.10 (i don't know which one, try to find it), login, put the device into fastboot, and try to unlock without binding the account. Don't close the mi unlock.
6. unlock failed, restart phone and bind the account at the phone.
7. reboot to fastboot again after binding and try to unlock again
8. It will stuck at 99%, loading without any error message. Somehow the user close the mi unlock after 5 minutes
9. Open the mi unlock again, login and try to unlock and suddenly it success. Phone restart, data wiped and unlocked already.

I don't test this, so if there is something doesn't work, please try to adapt, improvise and overcome it. Make report if it works for you and which step that you follow (or improvise), so other can benefit from it.

I cant seem to find my device via find device on mi cloud. Is there a way to fix this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT by @gregbradley
    It appears this method has now been patched and no longer works. @yusoffb01, please PM me if you have any issues with this edit. At this point you have been inactive for 8 days.

Managed to unlock phone without waiting for 360 hours On miui rom 9.5.6 or earlier. The trick is to use 2 accounts.
    Both accounts must have applied for unlock permissions.

Login first account on phone, Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status. Tap on “Add Account” to bind to phone. Also enable OEM unlock option

Restart to fastboot (hold volume down + power button)

Using mi flash tool, login to first account and try to unlock, you will have 360h timer.

Restart phone, sign out of miui and login to second account, but DO NOT BIND PHONE. Then restart to fastboot

Login to second account on mi flash tool, then unlock will be successful without timer

vY7ZniY.png

Edit: if latest mi flash tool still gives you 360h on second account,

Edit: Looks like this method and using older unlock tool or older miui firmware does not work. Using old or new miui account doesnt work. You have to wait 2 weeks
    yes, but if they managed to unlock bootloader with we have to wait 15 days that no makes sence, if a buyer want too unlock bootloader and the brand permit why the 15 days?? that is my point, the brand should have a form that explain the pros and cons, and allow immediately permit unlock. what the diference between immediately and after 15days? this is my point
    To make you use MIUI in that time. They sell these phones at ridiculous prices, almost at the cost of manufacturing. So if they sell you a phone for same amount of money it cost to make, and you get rid of MIUI as soon as you get phone, they have no profit from you at all. Business model is to get user used to MIUI and whole MI service bundle, trying to make money there.(Themes, messages, cloud services). Also if you get used to MIUI and its services, your next item(tv, phone, smartband, smartwatch, rise cooker or whatever) is also more likely to be made by xiaomi.
    I can confirm it: unlock your phone with that version https://www27.zippyshare.com/v/XbiIkf2j/file.html like in the description --> no waiting time
    Hi everyone.
    I have a completely different problem. The unlock app told me to wait 360 hours. The time is up, I tried to unlock and now it says 407 hours.

F*CKING XIAOMI

I know what phone I am NOT buying next...
    pre recruitment steps

1. Need Mi account with unlock permission. if dont have apply for it and wait http://en.miui.com/unlock/
    2. Need Old Mi Unlocking Tool https://www27.zippyshare.com/v/XbiIkf2j/file.html

Unlocking Process

1. Login with your mi account which has unlock permission.
    2. Bound Mi account in developer option-> mi unlock status.
    3. Try to unlock. (It will throw error of waiting bla bla hrs)
    4. Create a new account.
    5. On device and unlock tool, Logout from old Mi account and login from New Mi account.
    6. Try to unlock. its done.
    7. Hit that thanks Button.

It should unlock successfully. If didn't work probably you are doing wrong or Xiaomi fixed the flaw.