Bypassing 360h wait to unlock bootloader

Search This thread

schmidde

Mar 31, 2017
Interesting. Now, I've 262hrs to go. I guess it's possible that if I reset the device to factory and then clean install the miui 10 global beta ROM, I might just be able to unlock it afterwards. But if it goes sideways, it might reset the timer back to 360hrs. Damn... Not a good idea at all.

I think that you do not have to wait anymore with miui10, I read something like that in the changelog

bibekdwa

Jun 8, 2009
POkhara
Interesting. Now, I've 262hrs to go. I guess it's possible that if I reset the device to factory and then clean install the miui 10 global beta ROM, I might just be able to unlock it afterwards. But if it goes sideways, it might reset the timer back to 360hrs. Damn... Not a good idea at all.

Before my phone got unlocked, Mi unlock tool was not working properly.. I weren't able to sign in for maybe 10 mins. It gave me (couldn't get info) error. But, after I was logged in, it unlocked.

RaiderWill

Jul 11, 2011
NEW ROMULUS
Wow...

I Can't Believe That Much Time Has Passed... :cool:

The Pearly Gates Are Now Open... :angel:

I'm In ! :victory:

Attachments

• DONE.JPG
    DONE.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 880

Ashokk8

Dec 30, 2016
Visakhapatnam
Guys I've been waiting for about 16 days and finally today i tried to unlock and it says Unknown error in Mi Unlock tool.
Can anyone help me out with a solution

Attachments

• IMG-20180711-WA0013.jpg
    162 bytes · Views: 584
Last edited:

sousa921

Nov 6, 2012
yeaaaah

I have a Mi Mix 2S, lost several days to read and do everything and anything else to try to unlock the bootloader. And in the end, I installed the miui 10 beta, I was not able to do it again because it said that I had to wait 360 hours. Today, after 2 days I tried again and I got it !!!! Unlocked Bootloader

Sammy612

Feb 18, 2014
It was showing 152hrs for me.. then I tried with different accounts but they showed 360hrs.. so i thought of waiting 152 hrs ....in this waiting time i installed the 9.5.17 Update.. now when 152hrs passed & i tried to unlock.. To my shock it shows 360hrs again now.. what is wrong with xiaomi :(

Incogn

Dec 8, 2016
It was showing 152hrs for me.. then I tried with different accounts but they showed 360hrs.. so i thought of waiting 152 hrs ....in this waiting time i installed the 9.5.17 Update.. now when 152hrs passed & i tried to unlock.. To my shock it shows 360hrs again now.. what is wrong with xiaomi :(
Nothing is wrong with xiaomi. Each time you bind different accout clock resets, just wait the damn 15 days.

Sigray

Aug 15, 2011
Nothing is wrong with xiaomi. Each time you bind different accout clock resets, just wait the damn 15 days.
If I logging off my binded account (because of the service center asked for it) and after the repairing loggin on is the counter resetting?

droident

Dec 23, 2010
What the ---

Why are people putting up with this?

Has the world actually gone mad?
Xiaomi's unlocking software needs to blown open fast in my opinion.

Never head an issue up until today with unlocking both my Xiaomi phones, now it's telling me to wait 15 days, erm, no thank you.

Incogn

Dec 8, 2016
What the ---

Why are people putting up with this?

Has the world actually gone mad?
Xiaomi's unlocking software needs to blown open fast in my opinion.

Never head an issue up until today with unlocking both my Xiaomi phones, now it's telling me to wait 15 days, erm, no thank you.
Why are you putting up with it? If thats so bad, sell the phone, use other devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT by @gregbradley
    It appears this method has now been patched and no longer works. @yusoffb01, please PM me if you have any issues with this edit. At this point you have been inactive for 8 days.

Managed to unlock phone without waiting for 360 hours On miui rom 9.5.6 or earlier. The trick is to use 2 accounts.
    Both accounts must have applied for unlock permissions.

Login first account on phone, Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status. Tap on “Add Account” to bind to phone. Also enable OEM unlock option

Restart to fastboot (hold volume down + power button)

Using mi flash tool, login to first account and try to unlock, you will have 360h timer.

Restart phone, sign out of miui and login to second account, but DO NOT BIND PHONE. Then restart to fastboot

Login to second account on mi flash tool, then unlock will be successful without timer

vY7ZniY.png

Edit: if latest mi flash tool still gives you 360h on second account,
    Use the old Mi Unlock version, 2.2.624.14. link here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76668386&postcount=85

Edit: Looks like this method and using older unlock tool or older miui firmware does not work. Using old or new miui account doesnt work. You have to wait 2 weeks
    yes, but if they managed to unlock bootloader with we have to wait 15 days that no makes sence, if a buyer want too unlock bootloader and the brand permit why the 15 days?? that is my point, the brand should have a form that explain the pros and cons, and allow immediately permit unlock. what the diference between immediately and after 15days? this is my point
    To make you use MIUI in that time. They sell these phones at ridiculous prices, almost at the cost of manufacturing. So if they sell you a phone for same amount of money it cost to make, and you get rid of MIUI as soon as you get phone, they have no profit from you at all. Business model is to get user used to MIUI and whole MI service bundle, trying to make money there.(Themes, messages, cloud services). Also if you get used to MIUI and its services, your next item(tv, phone, smartband, smartwatch, rise cooker or whatever) is also more likely to be made by xiaomi.
    I can confirm it: unlock your phone with that version https://www27.zippyshare.com/v/XbiIkf2j/file.html like in the description --> no waiting time
    Hi everyone.
    I have a completely different problem. The unlock app told me to wait 360 hours. The time is up, I tried to unlock and now it says 407 hours.

F*CKING XIAOMI

I know what phone I am NOT buying next...
    pre recruitment steps

1. Need Mi account with unlock permission. if dont have apply for it and wait http://en.miui.com/unlock/
    2. Need Old Mi Unlocking Tool https://www27.zippyshare.com/v/XbiIkf2j/file.html

Unlocking Process

1. Login with your mi account which has unlock permission.
    2. Bound Mi account in developer option-> mi unlock status.
    3. Try to unlock. (It will throw error of waiting bla bla hrs)
    4. Create a new account.
    5. On device and unlock tool, Logout from old Mi account and login from New Mi account.
    6. Try to unlock. its done.
    7. Hit that thanks Button.

It should unlock successfully. If didn't work probably you are doing wrong or Xiaomi fixed the flaw.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone