Bypassing 360h wait to unlock bootloader

Search This thread

Vink67

Jun 20, 2012
Google Pixel 3a XL
yup it is fixed by xiaomi ,have to wait 360hours to unlock and todays i have been succesfully unlocked it after waiting 15 bloody days!
Lucky ! My first account have trouble, after wait 580hours nothing....
I have created a new account and after 10 times trying to unlock have message : after 360h unlock bootloader.
Finally... Will see in 15 days.
Damn it Xiaomi and Chinese and co...

Flynhx

Jun 16, 2015
/system/lost+found
I just wanna share that my whyred is finally unlocked, after waiting for 15days, well others have said that they need to wait for more than 360hrs but i've unlocked mine at exactly 360hrs & no less.. This was taken last 2 days, i'm now enjoying AEX. So to those who are eagerly waiting for 360hrs like i used to, just be patient and in time you will get rewarded. That's all ;)

Attachments

• photo_2018-07-02_20-29-27.jpg
    photo_2018-07-02_20-29-27.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 569

temporarium

Has anyone attempted setting the clock forward on the PC, the RN5 or both?

I just received my phone and tried this, but, like some commented, it didn't work. One way around this I can think of - if someone knows how to accomplish it - would be to fake a response from the server.

Anyway, I'll just keep mine in the box for another couple of weeks.

zoko

Aug 6, 2007
Lisbon
I just wanna share that my whyred is finally unlocked, after waiting for 15days, well others have said that they need to wait for more than 360hrs but i've unlocked mine at exactly 360hrs & no less.. This was taken last 2 days, i'm now enjoying AEX. So to those who are eagerly waiting for 360hrs like i used to, just be patient and in time you will get rewarded. That's all ;)

Me too finally

TheForgotten

Feb 6, 2016
Is there an alternative method or something? I really don't want to wait the 360h 'cuz I hate the MIUI interface.

TheForgotten

Feb 6, 2016
There's no other way around it. You have to wait 360h before you can unlock the bootloader. In the meantime, you can theme MIUI to your liking as it has a good theming engine.

For real? Theming engine? I've never been with MIUI before tbh. What can I do and how? btw, thanks for the amazing suggestion :p

Fil in XDA

Aug 26, 2016
For real? Theming engine? I've never been with MIUI before tbh. What can I do and how? btw, thanks for the amazing suggestion :p
Yes, MIUI has a built-in theme engine. You can download aosp themes inside the theme store for free. There's an app called 'Themes' in the app drawer. You can also find it in the settings.

akhl.wain@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2014
Tried this method on on my China Mix2s, currently running MIUI 9.5.18.0. It did not work. Other suggestions are welcomed in unlocking the phone. Thx!

MOD EDIT by @gregbradley
It appears this method has now been patched and no longer works. @yusoffb01, please PM me if you have any issues with this edit. At this point you have been inactive for 8 days.

Managed to unlock phone without waiting for 360 hours On miui rom 9.5.6 or earlier. The trick is to use 2 accounts.
Both accounts must have applied for unlock permissions.

Login first account on phone, Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status. Tap on “Add Account” to bind to phone. Also enable OEM unlock option

Restart to fastboot (hold volume down + power button)

Using mi flash tool, login to first account and try to unlock, you will have 360h timer.

Restart phone, sign out of miui and login to second account, but DO NOT BIND PHONE. Then restart to fastboot

Login to second account on mi flash tool, then unlock will be successful without timer

vY7ZniY.png

Edit: if latest mi flash tool still gives you 360h on second account,

Edit: Looks like this method and using older unlock tool or older miui firmware does not work. Using old or new miui account doesnt work. You have to wait 2 weeks

zoko

Aug 6, 2007
Lisbon
Hello, good morning just to share my experience, about BL unlock, binding account, etc.
I only binding a simply account, with an email, and i do not add any telephone number in the account and turn the location on either, I don´t used the mi cloud either.

Got Unlocked

Hi, I applied for bootloader unlock. It asked me to wait 360hrs. But, my phone had some network issues so, I replaced it after using it for a day. Then, the next phone, I installed Miui 10 beta. And now it got unlocked at the first go from the same account. I'm happy not having to wait for 15 days !!!!

dustmalik

Feb 8, 2017
Hi, I applied for bootloader unlock. It asked me to wait 360hrs. But, my phone had some network issues so, I replaced it after using it for a day. Then, the next phone, I installed Miui 10 beta. And now it got unlocked at the first go from the same account. I'm happy not having to wait for 15 days !!!!

Interesting. Now, I've 262hrs to go. I guess it's possible that if I reset the device to factory and then clean install the miui 10 global beta ROM, I might just be able to unlock it afterwards. But if it goes sideways, it might reset the timer back to 360hrs. Damn... Not a good idea at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT by @gregbradley
    It appears this method has now been patched and no longer works. @yusoffb01, please PM me if you have any issues with this edit. At this point you have been inactive for 8 days.

Managed to unlock phone without waiting for 360 hours On miui rom 9.5.6 or earlier. The trick is to use 2 accounts.
    Both accounts must have applied for unlock permissions.

Login first account on phone, Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status. Tap on “Add Account” to bind to phone. Also enable OEM unlock option

Restart to fastboot (hold volume down + power button)

Using mi flash tool, login to first account and try to unlock, you will have 360h timer.

Restart phone, sign out of miui and login to second account, but DO NOT BIND PHONE. Then restart to fastboot

Login to second account on mi flash tool, then unlock will be successful without timer

vY7ZniY.png

Edit: if latest mi flash tool still gives you 360h on second account,

Edit: Looks like this method and using older unlock tool or older miui firmware does not work. Using old or new miui account doesnt work. You have to wait 2 weeks
    yes, but if they managed to unlock bootloader with we have to wait 15 days that no makes sence, if a buyer want too unlock bootloader and the brand permit why the 15 days?? that is my point, the brand should have a form that explain the pros and cons, and allow immediately permit unlock. what the diference between immediately and after 15days? this is my point
    To make you use MIUI in that time. They sell these phones at ridiculous prices, almost at the cost of manufacturing. So if they sell you a phone for same amount of money it cost to make, and you get rid of MIUI as soon as you get phone, they have no profit from you at all. Business model is to get user used to MIUI and whole MI service bundle, trying to make money there.(Themes, messages, cloud services). Also if you get used to MIUI and its services, your next item(tv, phone, smartband, smartwatch, rise cooker or whatever) is also more likely to be made by xiaomi.
    I can confirm it: unlock your phone with that version https://www27.zippyshare.com/v/XbiIkf2j/file.html like in the description --> no waiting time
    Hi everyone.
    I have a completely different problem. The unlock app told me to wait 360 hours. The time is up, I tried to unlock and now it says 407 hours.

F*CKING XIAOMI

I know what phone I am NOT buying next...
    pre recruitment steps

1. Need Mi account with unlock permission. if dont have apply for it and wait http://en.miui.com/unlock/
    2. Need Old Mi Unlocking Tool https://www27.zippyshare.com/v/XbiIkf2j/file.html

Unlocking Process

1. Login with your mi account which has unlock permission.
    2. Bound Mi account in developer option-> mi unlock status.
    3. Try to unlock. (It will throw error of waiting bla bla hrs)
    4. Create a new account.
    5. On device and unlock tool, Logout from old Mi account and login from New Mi account.
    6. Try to unlock. its done.
    7. Hit that thanks Button.

It should unlock successfully. If didn't work probably you are doing wrong or Xiaomi fixed the flaw.