• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

★C-RoM Kang★ [v1.10] [19/09/14] [SaberMod][HLTE][HLTESPR]

Search This thread

wowserer

Jun 1, 2010
Hemel Hempstead
Not to be rude, but what is your device?

Most of the standalone kernel threads found in this forum are for touchwiz roms, not AOSP - are you flashing AOSP kernels?

Are you flashing build specific kernels?

Have you tried either Zion or Temasek's kernels?

I have had a lot of luck from both of their offerings, and never had an issue with this rom not booting after flashing a kernel.

Yes i did notice that there was not many aosp kernels to choose from hense my request for
Any kernels that may work with this rom.
I have tryed the temesek's kernel but with the same boot problem.
I have not been able to find the Zion kernel but will give it a go if
I do. Cheers for suggestion though.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Yes i did notice that there was not many aosp kernels to choose from hense my request for
My phone is a note 3

rayman95

Jan 14, 2009
monaco
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

My phone is a note 3

Did you receive my mp???? Is it a N9005 or N900 or else???

nighthawk626

Jan 30, 2010
I use not all features and remove them and i remove useless wallpapers, ringtones.....I need 1 wallpaper and 1 ringtone and 1 alarm......
i don't apply theme so I remove it , same for launcher I use nova and not the others.....I propose a rom that i like myself.....
I add Spen utilities for people who use them but never use myself....
and I want a rom with low memory eating....I don't understand why a 200 Mo rom eats as a 1.33 Go...........
too much memory and less battery

My biggest things I need in a cm ROM are: long press back to kill (0.5 second hold time), since Google or whatever took away ability to change the battery icon look along with theme engine themes, I gotta have battery mod like this rom has. Everything else just kind of fits into play. So if you ever had a feeling of modding and updating this ROM, I would love to be your beta tester or whatever

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
My biggest things I need in a cm ROM are: long press back to kill (0.5 second hold time)

I think Liquid Smooth AOSP ROM has this feature. I'm running it and other than the silly volume level setup, it's 95% as cool as the C-ROM kang was.

Otherwise, if you used Xposed Framework then check out the Xposed Additions module. It's freakin awesome if you like to modify your buttons and press-to-hold times. The free version has most of the donate features if you don't want to buy it. It's one of my favorite modules so I bought it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spazedog.xposed.additionsgb.pro&hl=en

Reactions: nighthawk626

amase005

Apr 7, 2011
Canfield, OH
Hey guys, I'm getting random resets of my wallpaper. I'll just be playing on the phone and the wallpaper will reset to a black screen or c-rom avatar. Anyone else getting this?

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

papaettoui

Oct 8, 2009
file to download

Hello guys,
For international version SM-N9005 which file do i download? HLTE or HLTESPR??
And do i need to put gapps also or will be installed with the rom??
Thanks

scoobyjenkins

Jul 8, 2012
Leeds
OnePlus 5
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus
Does this rom have dynamic color changer for status bar, so, the status bar changes the color depending on the app.
This was my all time favourite rom for a long time but hasn't been updated in a while, I'm pretty sure it doesn't have that feature. The closest rom to this with that feature is Temasek's CM11, latest build is solid but won't be updated either as he's moved to a CM12 kang. (which is coming along nicely btw)

Tapatalked that shiznit.

mat226

Oct 6, 2007
HELP!

This is the best ROM I ever use in my life...Thanks, but a big problem...
I install this ROM and customize it , install my Sony SmartWatch 2 applications and everythings perfect but after 7~10 hour some applications suddenly closed and reopen without any error or notification! after restarting the device everything become ok but after 5~6 hour clossing application happen again! I dont know what is happening. I full wipe everything and install it clean. help me, I cant change my ROM because I love it :crying:
sorry for my english

lexguy2007

Feb 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
This is the best ROM I ever use in my life...Thanks, but a big problem...
I install this ROM and customize it , install my Sony SmartWatch 2 applications and everythings perfect but after 7~10 hour some applications suddenly closed and reopen without any error or notification! after restarting the device everything become ok but after 5~6 hour clossing application happen again! I dont know what is happening. I full wipe everything and install it clean. help me, I cant change my ROM because I love it :crying:
sorry for my english

This is caused by a memory leak. It happens as you use your phone over time between reboots. It happens to me while using this ROM too. Unfortunately I don't believe the dev is working on this ROM anymore as there have not been any updates to is since Sept of last year.

mat226

Oct 6, 2007
This is caused by a memory leak. It happens as you use your phone over time between reboots. It happens to me while using this ROM too. Unfortunately I don't believe the dev is working on this ROM anymore as there have not been any updates to is since Sept of last year.
Thanks for your answer, I will back to C-ROM 7.1 :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What made you switch from stock kernel to lean and then temasek? What (if any) performance or battery life differences have you noticed?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

the switch was from (modified) stock > MIUI > temasek first

stock & MIUI are based on Android 4.4.2 - I'm using my phone for security-critical things such as internet/phone banking therefore I need an up-to-date operating system and SE enforcing (instead of SE permissive) configuration with the recent discoveries of security holes - also I don't like the granularity with which you can control privacy settings; using security measures on my desktop linux also a lot, better save than sorry & there was a recent ruling if your account gets abused you are responsible for it, not the bank

switching from stock samsung (TW) to MIUI - not being happy how configuration options are to be found (samsung stock) and that bloaty feeling, X-note was great (especially the amount of options) but configuration and things also didn't work everywhere as anticipated, Omega was the last used & best but it unfortunately still suffered from the weird samsung configuration (I know of the simply config but didn't get used to that) and some occasional hiccups where some function wouldn't work (using an rather early version of that, so could have been meanwhile fixed)

MIUI's video player is superb in terms of graphics quality (upscaling of e.g. 720p or smaller videos to 1080p you can hardly notice worse quality or the difference between those videos), music player is quite ok, on MIUI (TW-based) you have even stock camera and can use Samsung's Music Player but it's also based on 4.4.2 (or the base of TW-ROM; there's AOSP-based one but on french or chinese & behind a forum which requires registration, still waiting for MIUI v6 based on AOSP though)
    with MIUI I had some issues with the Archos Video Player & other video players (VLC) and privacy concern (how messages are saved in the MI cloud, it should not be a problem but I kinda felt still not secure how things were communicated via the apps) & some performance problems with browsers and sound stuttering (which shouldn't occur)

temasek offers pretty up-to-date and fixed up CM11 based builds, the kernel is awesome and fixes are coming fast - he clearly has a lot of knowledge how things work, unfortunately I got some FCs, stability and battery issues with it

Almost never having used an AOKP, or purely AOSP-based ROM before in the past (except once tried C-RoM on the N7000 but stability and battery runtime were not very satisfying) I decided to go away from CM11 and try these out

OmniROM (-basd), Dirty Unicorns, C-RoM (Kang), Vendetta ROM were the ones matching my criteria,

Reading Cabooch's post with his experience convinced me to give it a try - and he hasn't promised too much:

it's very stable - no FC's, app crashes, reboots, etc. so far - lots of features and fine-grained tuning of privacy (and other) settings

the reason for switching from lean kernel (it's a very slim, lean & up-to-date kernel) was the subjectively worse sound output from it compared to temasek's kernel and the lack of some features - temasek's EXP kernel might be based on CM's source but doesn't mean that it's unstable since temasek seems to read feedback from testers/users, other devs and the logs thoroughly - and that held true so far, sound is really better and there are more features, also had no crashes,reboots,FC's,etc. so far :p

battery runtime seems a little worse with temasek's kernel but it really depends on the settings (e.g. cpu governors, etc.) you're using and there's still some experimentation to do to find the best settings

since the ROM was just recently flashed and yesterday I (for experimentation) converted over to ART (with Xposed disabled/uninstalled) which should (hopefully) slightly improve battery runtime, it already appears smoother and apps are starting faster, work faster

I can't say that much about battery runtime - except:

# playing videos and music uses way more battery compared to stock(TW)-based ROMs - this also has been the case with the Galaxy S - so samsung is still using some neat battery-saving & energy consumption-reducing techniques which the AOSP-based ROMs don't - I'd really like to know if this also is the case with e.g. the Nexus phones and if this could be changed

# with CM11-based ROMs everything feels very very fragile and prone to FC, crash, etc. - which doesn't necessarily have to be the case but every few weeks or even days with lots of changes it's that way (also been like that on the gt-9000/galaxy s, n7000/note1) - at least with nightlies, mind you there are monthly stable releases

# AOSP/AOKP-based ROMs feel quite stable & the feedback seems to confirm that impression so far, the issue with AOSP-based ROMs is that apps seem to have more power keeping wakelocks up and in worst-case scenarios the battery can drain very very fast, Greenify/Wakelock Detector/Better Battery Stats and the wakelock blocker can help here to identify the culprits

# the radio module, RIL and the whole package also seem to consume more battery in idle or usage - at least that's the experience I had on cm11-based ROMs so far; will see how it goes with C-RoM Kang (first impression: some more than stock) and after battery stats have become clearer

performance:

# it's really smooth and fast - no negative experiences so far :)

Hope that helps - this was a rather long post but it should include most of my experience & reasons for switching I got with this phone so far

Cheers
    This rom is great but the kernel sucks ass. After a few minutes that phone gets burning hot and I get mad FCs and stalls. But after flashing Temasek's kernel, this rom runs ultra smooth.
    That was a rude comment man, it's ok if you dont like the stock kernel with this rom but say it that way is just disrespectful for someone who shares his work with us for free... Just sayin...
    My Impressions

Id like to preface this post by noting that I literally made 10 posts for me to be able to comment on this sole thread.

While I am rather new to flashing Roms I am aware of quite a bit of the norms from lurking here for so long so lets being.

My Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Sn900w8
    Kernel Running: Lean Kernel 3.7
    (of course running the new c-rom kang v1.8

I have been running C-Rom Kang for about two weeks now, my experience has been one of much learning and much satisfaction as in lay terms this rom is Great.

1st Flash
    Rom Version: 1.7
    Kernel: Stock Vikas Kernel
    Type of Flash: Dirty ( from offical Crom)

Experience: The first and initial flash of C rom kang was of great success to me, for the first battery cycle was pure bliss, it fixed and provided me with all the stability fixes and features I was seeking from its original. Yet after the initial battery cycle the phone started to work incorrectly. Problems being, messaging application force closing (will be referred to as fc from now on) youtube, fc which would cause system UI fc as well. I attempted to re load the sys ui zip provided and this cause many of the problems to recede, until another battery cycle. Within this time i had the occasional reboot but nothing major.

2nd Flash
    Rom Version: 1.7
    Kernel: Zion Mainline Latest build
    Type: Clean Flash ( wiping everything in twrp)

This fixed many of my issues, and along with advice from previous posters i added the Zion kernel to see if maybe that'd provide for better stability on the device and its use. This worked in favour of my hypothesis and others, and seems to have made for minimal crashes of anything, yet after prolonged use of the Youtube application my system ui would fc almost every time, this would force me to reboot the phone, which would sometimes load up only to reboot itself. Yet still overall was satisfied with the rom, I really didn't mind rebooting as it was once every 3 hours of constant video streaming. My text messaging application would still close on occasion while in the middle of typing out a message, still i felt overly satisfied with the ROM.

3rd Flash (hopefully the last)
    Rom Version: 1.8
    Kernel: Lean 3.7
    Type of flash clean

Now this seems to have officially cleared up all problems with me, I added the Lean Kernel to try it out under the recommendation of others and i have to agree it seems to be the most stable at least for the SN900w8.I am beyond happy with the functionality of this rom, it is running smooth, youtube, messaging, work perfectly, no reboots at all in the time I have been running it. I am the happiest camper indeed.

My final two statements are...

1: This rom is amazing, it has the best of every world yet still remains liquid smooth, I have yet to have any lag with this device and am beyond satisfied with my flash.

2: Where Can I donate? just lead me there.

To anyone questioning this Rom please give it a try, you wont be disappointed.
    Is anybody else getting crashes like android's LMK but the all apps including foreground apps are killed? Then, it just transitions to my launcher which has to load from a blank, icon-less screen to my layout.

I'm running the latest build with Zion Kernel 2.3.

I'll try to get a logcat soon.

Let ZION959 know.

It's kernel related. Nothing to do with rom.
    Would you mind sharing the apk?

Tapatalked that shiznit.

http://www.devfiles.co/download/f6YjSkI7/Google-Camera-2.1.apk

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk