[CAB][22-Feb-2010] Smaller HTC Menus

frewys

Jan 12, 2005
Miami beach
Svegetto, see if this one is a better fit.
9 items are displayed at once so it's right between the original large menus (7 items) and the small menus (11 items).

Two more sizes are also possible: with 8 or 10 items, so I can tweak it a bit more in case this one's too small or large.

thanks for this! works brilliant!:)

Co0kieMonster

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Co0kieMonster, can I install this on Diamond?
The only requirement is that you have HTC's Menus Enhancement installed. Phone model doesn't matter.
But, like LilSilk004 suggested, maybe you should try the medium version, because I don't think the small one will be very usable with the Diamond's screen size.

Hi Co0kieMonster,

i'm totally happy with this mod, makes my life alot easier .... but ;)
my fingers could easily use an even smaller size ... would it be possible to have 13 items?
making it user-adjustable would of course rock too :D
Well, here it is: extra small :)
This one's just a bit too small for my fingers, but it's still quite usable.
As for making it user-adjustable, that's a bit tricky because the bitmap has to be adjusted in photoshop for each size. The size setting are in the registry, so that can be set from there, but without editing the bitmap the menus would look bad or just not work at all.

Attachments

antoniomistretta

Aug 18, 2008
La Spezia, Alessandria
HTC's menu enhancement is very finger friendly but it also limits the number of items you can see at one time and you have to scroll down to get to the rest, which can be annoying at times.
The attached cab will make the items smaller so more items can fit (see screenshots). This is primarily made with the Blackstone in mind: because of the large screen size smaller menus are still finger friendly.

Note: You have to have HTCMenus enhancement cooked in rom or installed.

Screensots: screen1 screen2 screen3

UPDATE 9/5/09
There are now 3 different sizes: Medium, Small and Extra small.
See the screenshot below for size comparison. The original menu size is enough to display 7 items at once. With Medium that's up to 9, Small displays 11 and Extra small 13.

Choose the size that's most comfortable for your fingers. If you're not sure which one to install: I'd recommend Small, as its probably the best fit for most.

DOWNLOAD:
Medium
Small
ExtraSmall

SCREENSHOT:
Thank you! Very cool!!!!

6Fg8

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 13, 2008
Vienna
Well, here it is: extra small :)
This one's just a bit too small for my fingers, but it's still quite usable.
As for making it user-adjustable, that's a bit tricky because the bitmap has to be adjusted in photoshop for each size. The size setting are in the registry, so that can be set from there, but without editing the bitmap the menus would look bad or just not work at all.

wow, thats awesome! thanks a bunch!
this is a 100% must have mod :)

nemoid

Dec 30, 2008
914.ny
Awesome work, co0kie! Lovin it!

Although I do have a couple questions. I installed the Medium menus on my TouchPro and noticed that the top menu item (for example, 'Search' in Google Maps) is off the top of the screen, as well as the up arrow. You can drag the menus to get what you want, but the top option will always be off the screen so you can't click it.

And is there any way to make the menu selections smaller, but keep the Up/Down arrows the original size (or at least a tad bigger than the modified size)?