[CAB][22-Feb-2010] Smaller HTC Menus

Co0kieMonster

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
@errorka: No. I think the display speed is hardcoded in the menus. Or at least I haven't found any way to change it.

For the problems on the Diamond and Touch Pro:
I have been doing some research and it looks like there are two versions of HTC's Menu Enhancement floating around for these phones. So I've made two different fixes.

@nemoid: I think you have type 1 so download the attached VGAfix_type1.zip, unzip it and import MediumVGAfix_type1.reg to registry.

@mackam and Sim-X: You might have type2, download type2.zip and import the Small or Medium .reg file depending on which version you installed.

If that doesn't work try the other type. Hopefully one of these will work.

Edit: Forgot to mention, soft reset after importing to registry.
Edit2: The attached archives now include fix for extra small menus.

Attachments

Last edited:

nemoid

Dec 30, 2008
914.ny
@nemoid: I think you have type 1 so download the attached VGAfix_type1.zip, unzip it and import MediumVGAfix_type1.reg to registry.

Type1 fix worked perfectly! Great work man, great work!

Vertig0

Mar 28, 2007
@errorka: No. I think the display speed is hardcoded in the menus. Or at least I haven't found any way to change it.

I have been doing some research and it looks like there are two versions of HTC's Menu Enhancement floating around for these phones. So I've made two different fixes.

@mackam and Sim-X: You might have type2, download type2.zip and import the Small or Medium .reg file depending on which version you installed.

Fix #2 did it for me on Mighty R3BRON, this is awesome thx a lot!!!

iTouch24

Jun 30, 2008
NYC
From reading i think people are suggesting the medium size on the htc touch pro screen size, correct?

and this overwrites the htcmenus.bmp .. correct? making it default green.. i wanted to keep it the midnight blue that i use on mighty ROM

Sim-X

Nov 2, 2008
Minneapolis, MN

thx cookie! worked perfect, anychance the type2 fix will work for extra small? If I wanted to change from small to extra small would I just uninstall the cab and delete the registry entry I imported then re-install extra small cab and fix? thx again!!

scotia_rfc

Jan 16, 2009
Port Glasgow
Co0kieMonster, excellent stuff.

I had a look at the registry settings for this and couldn't work out what numbers to change for the sizes. (There is alot!!)

Nice work man! ;)

I've changed my font size down to 20 also.

Co0kieMonster

Nov 26, 2008
Guys, sorry it took me so long to reply. Had a busy week with exams.

From reading i think people are suggesting the medium size on the htc touch pro screen size, correct?
and this overwrites the htcmenus.bmp .. correct? making it default green.. i wanted to keep it the midnight blue that i use on mighty ROM
Yes, it overwrites HTCMenus.bmp with default green. If you want, upload your blue .bmp and I'll modify it for the smaller menus.

As for the size, I'm not sure. I see people are also using small and extra small on the Touch Pro and Diamond.
Could someone with a Diamond/Touch Pro give a recommendation? A screenshot with before/after would also be awesome.

thx cookie! worked perfect, anychance the type2 fix will work for extra small? If I wanted to change from small to extra small would I just uninstall the cab and delete the registry entry I imported then re-install extra small cab and fix? thx again!!
You need a special fix for extra small. I've updated my previous post with the fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=3767027&postcount=41
Just uninstall any menu size you have, install extra small .cab and apply extra small fix.

Can you provide a VGA Fix for ExtraSmall version? Thanks in advance.
I've just updated the files, you can download it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=3767027&postcount=41

scotia_rfc

Jan 16, 2009
Port Glasgow
Co0kieMonster (or anyone!)

Are you aware of a way to change the size of the menu's in TF3D?

I want to change them to make them the same size as the HTCMenus.

I imagine that a manila file needs edited, but i'm thinking that it's probably a Lua script that controls it.

Anyone have any ideas?

skyli91

Jan 28, 2009
CookieMonster: I tried the medium cab in Topix 2.0 which has a new Rhodium manila and it didn't worked. This rhodium can display 8 lines at original(9 if there are only 9 items in the menu without ˇand ^ arrows).

Co0kieMonster

Nov 26, 2008
Co0kieMonster (or anyone!)

Are you aware of a way to change the size of the menu's in TF3D?

I want to change them to make them the same size as the HTCMenus.

I imagine that a manila file needs edited, but i'm thinking that it's probably a Lua script that controls it.

Anyone have any ideas?
I did go over manila looking for this a few weeks ago. I think i identified the correct script, but I never actually modified or tested it, due to lack of time. I think that the script "simpledialogscript.lua" needs to be edited, specifically the line "ItemSizeHeight = ".
Well that's an idea, hope it helps.

CookieMonster: I tried the medium cab in Topix 2.0 which has a new Rhodium manila and it didn't worked. This rhodium can display 8 lines at original(9 if there are only 9 items in the menu without ˇand ^ arrows).
Strange, I'm running Dutty's v3.4 with new manila and the same 8 line default menus and it works (I tested all sizes).
Could you export the registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\HTCMenus] and upload it? Maybe I can fix it.

Judebox

Aug 4, 2008
Hi !!
For me, it works so great on ly HTC Touch HD. A "must have" tweak for me !!
But, when the TouchFlo 3D is in landscape mode (on Topaz and Rhodium roms), the menu is still too bug and I am unable to scroll it. So, I can't see the top options of the menus...
An idea od the problem ?
Thx !! ;)

Co0kieMonster

Nov 26, 2008
But, when the TouchFlo 3D is in landscape mode (on Topaz and Rhodium roms), the menu is still too bug and I am unable to scroll it. So, I can't see the top options of the menus...
An idea od the problem ?
TouchFlo3D uses different (built in) menus, so my size mod doesn't affect them.

You could try flashing a newer Rhodium based rom, because TF3D v2.1 has medium sized menus by default.

wheresmybeaver

Jul 24, 2008
Hi, can confirm that the Medium one works perfectly on my Topaz. The first thing I noticed when I got the Diamond 2 was the fact that the new menus require a lot of scrolling, so the Medium size works very well to counteract this.

Thanks very much!