CAB to install Office Mobile 2007 onto your storage card (free up some device memory)

Search This thread

gadgetuk437

Dec 29, 2006
Devon/Cornwall border, UK
I wanted to free up more device memory, but the Office 2007 CABs (I could find) would only install to the device. So I edited the CAB I had, to give you the choice (device or storage card).

It seems to work OK. The shortcuts, on the start menu, weren't pointing to the new location... but I think I have fixed that. Not sure what happens on non-english devices.

The bugbears I have found are;
Hitting the new button in Word generates an error. I think it is because the default template is in the wrong place. So if anyone can shed some light on that, I would be grateful. It's not a biggie tho' I just created a document called "blank.doc" and open that instead.
And the File Associations are pointing to the old location. I edited the registry changes in the CAB, but I screwed up (it couldn't handle the space in 'Storage Card'... hmmm). So I went back to the earlier version, and you have to edit the file associations manually. #
Is anyone willing to lend me a brain cell here?

I'm sure someone will come along now and say, "there is already a CAB that does this".... but I did spend two days looking for one!

Here it is anyway,

LINK REMOVED, see the much better CAB below

Last edited:

+ Que PPC

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
wich one?

The one that say..... (SC) or the one that dont say (SC)... PDACorner_office2007.rar

Office in Storage Card? it must be good... anyone that can be sure of wich one is the correct one?

farres

Nov 2, 2007
ɥ ʇ ɹ ɐ ɜ
How can i uninstall Ofice2007 from my phone mates?Thanks in advance.
there are 3 cases for for software on PDA devices:

1. applications that are cooked with the ROM installed on your device (in this situation you can not uninstall these applications)
  2. applications that installed as a part of the post-flash customization.
  3. applications that you install yourself
for the 2nd and 3rd situation you may go to "Settings/[Tab: System] Remove Programs" if you want to know which programs are installed on your device and from there you can uninstall the programs that you don't need.
I hope this was a kind of useful for you and it answered your question.

@[email protected]

Apr 10, 2008
Thanks for replay mate,my case is # applications that are cooked with the ROM installed on your device (in this situation you can not uninstall these applications)so,can't do anything.

at45

Oct 31, 2008
I'll just point out that this cab breaks the finger friendly menus in 6.5.3 File Explorer...