[CAB] WP7UI, Standalone for WM6.5 --HOST-- V1.5 (colors) - UPDATED

Search This thread

nimms

Oct 17, 2007
Hyderabad/TS
Awwwwesome Ashiq.. It's Snappy.. using abt 6-9mb.. (HTC HD2)
I have linked Pictures to (Albums)
A few goodies... and no needs to buy HD7....

1-Custom lock screen..
2-Ability to long press on Programs list on right panel.. choose <Pin to Main screen/Shortcut screen> (Or On clicking shortcut icon.. it should pick from programs panel..)
3-Do not display bottom bar on programs list and Shortcuts screen..
4-Ability to choose Wall papers separately for each screen.. or a single widescreen background..
5-U may remove one clock tile and point the main clock tile to alarm/time directly..

I know am asking too much.. Thanks a lot..

biernes_atrece

Feb 18, 2009
www.404.com
tons better than v1.0! very smooth & fast.

question: how do I go to Shortcuts panel?

suggestions:
1. "Programs or Applications" text/title on the applications panel
2. really hoping icons can be changed coz i got some pretty decent but simple ones (here)
3. square tiles in the shortcut apps
4. Music hub, Xbox or Games hub, MS Office hub
5. edit/re-arrange/move hub tiles

bismuth89

Mar 25, 2010

suggestions:
2. really hoping icons can be changed coz i got some pretty decent but simple ones (here)

Hi you can change icons in program list and shortcut by using sk shortcut manager (icons must be compile to dll file). I try to change some icons to your simplified icons and it looks much better :D but the icons won't look as good as in start menu cos icons must be 32x32 for qvga,not sure abt VGA

really love your icons pack ;)

ahhl

Jul 23, 2007
when in search menu, trying to scroll to left or right will crash the program.

hopefully the shortcut icon can be spaced closer. look like too far apart

hopefully can link to folder just like microsoft office

Last edited:

j0ntown

Jul 24, 2009
Has anyone gotten an application to link to the analog clock? Sorry to be a pest about this A*, I do very much like your work.

Next, the weather. Do most of us have Titanium (or manilla) weather running in the background. If so very easy to use that updated info from registry to push image onto a tile and have weather display. Linkage to SBT or whatever ... IMHO a troublesome fuss. Not like clock which really would help to link to appointments or alarms or whatever we use for that stuff.

One more - all that empty space on right side of screen below that arrow in a circle. Surely we can do something creative with that.

So far, also having fun changing the second text string in the ST file to have custom titles on applications in the tiles. My email tile says 'Mostly Spam' and my SMS tile says "Their Typos".

Suggestions?

Last edited:

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010

suggestions:

nice icons!
thanks for the suggestions.. i'll see what i can do in the next release. but that is unlikely to happen anytime soon as i'm getting too busy with ofiice now. but i promise development wont stop.
Ashiq

biernes_atrece

Feb 18, 2009
www.404.com
nice icons!
thanks for the suggestions.. i'll see what i can do in the next release. but that is unlikely to happen anytime soon as i'm getting too busy with ofiice now. but i promise development wont stop.
Ashiq

glad you like them. thanks.
no pressure on the suggestions. and good to know you will continue the development of this great app.

regarding the shortcuts, how do I get there? I only get to the program list and that's it.

EDIT: I accidentally discovered how to go to Shortcuts; swiping the Homescreen to the right!
I feel the "arrow" button should redirect to "shortcuts" first and from shortcuts to programs much like v1.0. I don't know. It's just me.

Still a great app!

Last edited:

beserker15

• Sep 21, 2009
    Does no one else has the issues with "Program could not be launched" when you link one of the hubs with Resco Contact Manager programs like Favorites, SMS, Contacts, Call History? I love this UI but I really don't want to use the default windows mobile for that :(

saurabhrendale

Apr 2, 2009
    Pune
    hi ashiq, your this times work is superb, you have done so many changes in such a short time, you have given us a great applet, its superfast, as soon as keep my finger on the arrow the nxt page comes up,within a fraction of second, eventhough my phone is slow,your theme works so fast i hav installed ur theme on sd card, i m very happy :)
    thank u very much for the hardwork

j0ntown

Jul 24, 2009
    Does no one else has the issues with "Program could not be launched" when you link one of the hubs with Resco Contact Manager programs like Favorites, SMS, Contacts, Call History? I love this UI but I really don't want to use the default windows mobile for that :(

Need some more info to try what you have encountered - I'm running a HTC Vogue (xv6900) old phone here but have no problems running PhonEx and some Resco items from tiles and the shortcuts list and from the applications list. Is it the Resco Contacts manager in particular? What did you link to a tile and how?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Host V1.5

Host-V1.5-ScreenShots.png

Like i said before, i'm only learning wm programming.. so nothing big..

This is a standalone app. You can customize it to make it look like WP7.

Should work on all screen types (QVGA/WQVGA/VGA/WVGA), other than the square/HVGA ones.

REQUIRES:
      1. WM6.5
      2. .net compact framework 3.5 (usually built into WM6.5 cutom ROMs. if not, u'll need to install it)

still beta...i'll assume no responsibilities...

things to do..
      just install the cab (on device) and run from the start menu.

REMEMBER to uninstall before a new install

i'd recommend all today items to be disabled first (not needed, but saves battery and memory)

New video of Host v1.5:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eO2_AaPe74

Tested on HTC HD2 (ROM: Duttys), HTC Touch 3G (ROM: Megade) and Samsung OMNIA II (i8000) (ROM: Stock 6.5).. dont know how it'll go on other devices..should work on all devices with WM6.5

Condition for use: Leave a comment :)

PLEASE DON'T MIRROR

Known Issues:
      Please report

Remember when downloading: HostV1.5.CAB is the new version. HostV1 and WP7V2.0.CAB are the old ones. if you find V1.5 too heavy for u'r device, u may opt for WP7V2.0.
      (keeping all of them for download)

ChangeLog for Host V1.5:
      1. No confirmation for lockscreen (10 Dec, 2010)
      2. Screen stretched to fit screen if all buttons at the bottom bar are hidden (10 Dec, 2010)
      3. SharePoint and OneNote added in officepage (10 Dec, 2010)
      4. Shortcuts background has been removed (10 Dec, 2010)
      I would love to have a Weather-Hub. Is it possible to realize such a thing?

it will be added.. but pls dont ask for a date..

Ashiq
      I want this program (host 1.5) to start automatically. It's possible?

use total comander. create shortcut of host.exe , copy to windows\startup folder
      I installed a really bare 6.5 rom, it only had media player, and when i tap pictures, it says : program could not be launched.
      can i just assign any program to it or do i need a specific program?

assign it to anything of u'r choice..
      Is this still being supported? I really hope so. Awesome awesome job keep it up.

it is still supported and the project will continue.. but i'm takin a break :)