[CAB] WP7UI, Standalone for WM6.5 --HOST-- V1.5 (colors) - UPDATED

Search This thread

sylver989

May 3, 2009
Great work thanks

HTC touch HD working great with host 1.5

I just flashed a new rom energy Titanium (ROMs for raw speed!)and next HOST 1.5

Phone is fast and the batery work 2 or 3 days.

ashiqiqbal i think your Host 1.5 is better,that the touch flow.

beautifull it's really great...i hope you will do more versons with more news
it's an amazing work,thanks for sharing

Tjohan

Feb 15, 2010
Excellent!

This is what I did with my old Touch Diamond, with very, very good result:

1. MTTY
2. Flash with Ralphusion K ROM.
3. Updated the Opera Mini 5 Beta to ver. 5.1.
4. Installed the full Fingerkeyboard (not happy not to have any skins to choose from).
5. Installed PhonEx dialer.
6. Disabled all home-screen items.
7. Installed the Host 1.5 (upgraded).

Now I have an absolutely brilliant phone! Battery keeps for 2-3 days; ActiveSync running, few calls a day and occasional surf.

It's, of course, very tempting to ask for more functionality but - to be honest - my old TD would probably not handle it very well? Perhaps the best is to leave Host 1.5 more or less as it is - a low footprint, fast, beautiful interface. More functionality, like weather tile and additional hubs could go into a completely new version for more powerful devices?

Reactions: edefux

TMinh

Aug 19, 2009
Danang, Vietnam
facebook.com
Hi. I have some ideal for your next version of HOST :D
-A start menu that can display folders (the current one doesnt display folder, it show all icon in one page :D ) and settings links
-May be you should include an option for using WM taskbar instead of HOST own taskbar :D
-An icon for setting profiles (normal, vibrate, silent etc) and screen brightness

Except these above things, HOST 1.5 is perfect !!! Thank you so much for your awesome work !!!

(sorry for my bad english :D I'm a Vietnamese)

Last edited:

s.s.rock

Jun 17, 2008
Prague
Hi, I have a problem on the HTC Touch Pro 2 (rhodium) officially rom wm 6.5 The program itself will fall, and sometimes it does not start until after a reboot. It is not in the program settings to change anything, as I do and I'll apply again the program crashes and you need to do a reboot. In the settings while everything remains as it was. It's something to do with it? Thanks

sure haven't

Feb 5, 2009
I've been running this on an i8000 Samsung Omnia 2 with a stock 6.5 from Bell.

I love it. It's been my main UI for several days now and I see no reason not to keep it as that.
Above all else, it's fast and responsive. And very smooth.

Things I love:
-when you press the End key, it doesn't go to the native 6.5 today screen like so many other apps, it re-loads Host
-very solid for the most part
-good customization
-sooo smooth and fun to use

Issues:
-*changing the background colour of the apps menu makes it crash* (the one where you sweep to the right)
-seems to be a memory leak. When I first load it, it's taking about 3.5mb in task manager. After a while it's almost at 7.
-going on the memory leak, once in a while it will crash, forcing me to reset the phone if I want to continue using it - I don't know why it crashes though
-chews through the battery a bit

Things I would love to see:
-live tiles. That would make it even more wonderful.
-a taskbar with a little more info - mainly waiting notifications, profile, etc. I notice that it doesn't register any touches above the tiles at the top, maybe make a pull down notifications thing like in the Samsung Wave or Blackberry Torch?

Is this still being supported? I really hope so. Awesome awesome job keep it up.

NickGusarov

Dec 27, 2010
Minsk
Hello! Really like your program, so I decided to give you some ideas for your project.
At first, offers to return Live-tiles, because without them interface looks too simple and lifeless. At least bring back Live-tile for contacts.
Secondly, make a custom button for the bottom panel. For example, we can choose an application for Windows button.
And lastly, I wanted to offer. When the number of missed events is equal zero - then the counter is not shown, and icon placing in the middle of the tile.

I hope that you will understand what I wrote, because I don`t master of the English. :)

saurabhrendale

Apr 2, 2009
Pune
Hello! Really like your program, so I decided to give you some ideas for your project.
At first, offers to return Live-tiles, because without them interface looks too simple and lifeless. At least bring back Live-tile for contacts.
Secondly, make a custom button for the bottom panel. For example, we can choose an application for Windows button.
And lastly, I wanted to offer. When the number of missed events is equal zero - then the counter is not shown, and icon placing in the middle of the tile.

I hope that you will understand what I wrote, because I don`t master of the English. :)

one more request with the above one is, if we could change the background color to white also ........

Mephistoo

Apr 12, 2010
thanks alot, wonderful app.

i have a issue.

im sure this was asked before but i couldnt find.

my clock (both of them) doesnt refresh itself. ?

my phone HTC Mega Touch2 with WM6.5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Host V1.5

Host-V1.5-ScreenShots.png

Like i said before, i'm only learning wm programming.. so nothing big..

This is a standalone app. You can customize it to make it look like WP7.

Should work on all screen types (QVGA/WQVGA/VGA/WVGA), other than the square/HVGA ones.

REQUIRES:
    1. WM6.5
    2. .net compact framework 3.5 (usually built into WM6.5 cutom ROMs. if not, u'll need to install it)

still beta...i'll assume no responsibilities...

things to do..
    just install the cab (on device) and run from the start menu.

REMEMBER to uninstall before a new install

i'd recommend all today items to be disabled first (not needed, but saves battery and memory)

New video of Host v1.5:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eO2_AaPe74

Tested on HTC HD2 (ROM: Duttys), HTC Touch 3G (ROM: Megade) and Samsung OMNIA II (i8000) (ROM: Stock 6.5).. dont know how it'll go on other devices..should work on all devices with WM6.5

Condition for use: Leave a comment :)

PLEASE DON'T MIRROR

Known Issues:
    Please report

Remember when downloading: HostV1.5.CAB is the new version. HostV1 and WP7V2.0.CAB are the old ones. if you find V1.5 too heavy for u'r device, u may opt for WP7V2.0.
    (keeping all of them for download)

ChangeLog for Host V1.5:
    1. No confirmation for lockscreen (10 Dec, 2010)
    2. Screen stretched to fit screen if all buttons at the bottom bar are hidden (10 Dec, 2010)
    3. SharePoint and OneNote added in officepage (10 Dec, 2010)
    4. Shortcuts background has been removed (10 Dec, 2010)
    I would love to have a Weather-Hub. Is it possible to realize such a thing?

it will be added.. but pls dont ask for a date..

Ashiq
    I want this program (host 1.5) to start automatically. It's possible?

use total comander. create shortcut of host.exe , copy to windows\startup folder
    I installed a really bare 6.5 rom, it only had media player, and when i tap pictures, it says : program could not be launched.
    can i just assign any program to it or do i need a specific program?

assign it to anything of u'r choice..
    Is this still being supported? I really hope so. Awesome awesome job keep it up.

it is still supported and the project will continue.. but i'm takin a break :)