[CAB] WP7UI, Standalone for WM6.5 --HOST-- V1.5 (colors) - UPDATED

Search This thread

chocorem

May 20, 2006
Simple, works on my old touch diamond, nice ...... what else to says : almost perfect !

Perhaps, just the "move"functionality of the tiles is missing !

TobiBVB

Mar 3, 2011
Great App! Works Perfect

I love this app! It's small and looks great!
Just one Question:
- Is it possible to add some Custom Icons?
And...
I would love to have a Weather-Hub. Is it possible to realize such a thing?

Rapid81

Dec 17, 2009
Very nice app! I love it! Thank you!

Is there a possibility to add custom icons to the tiles or shortcuts or the possibility to the UI uses the additional icon pngs from the registry?

Maybe a little modification to the analog clock to open the alarms and show if an alarm is set?

And the appointments tile does not shows the "all day" appointments/events, like namedays.

And I would like if I can add contacts as tiles to the main page. :)

Last edited:

Rapid81

Dec 17, 2009
Very nice app! I love it! Thank you!

Maybe a little modification to the analog clock to open the alarms and show if an alarm is set?

I created the Alarms.lnk with this containment:
36#clock.exe AppRunToHandleNotification

But when I tap to the analog clock, it won't open the alarms. :(
The shortcut is working, just not with the clock.
Any idea?

addicus

Mar 13, 2006
Inland Empire, California
I'm liking this program. It is very lightweight and a lot easier to set up than using SPB Mobile Shell even with my settings being imported. Some of the things I'd like to see are:

1. A functional task manager integrated into the top bar
2. Bluetooth symbol showing if the headphones are connected and how (i.e. stereo audio, etc...)
3. The ability to pin more tiles to the front page and add more shortcuts on the page to the left.
4. Use custom icons from the user's personal database on either the internal storage or storage card.
5. A built in way to export and import the setting for faster set up after flashing or doing a hard reset.
6. If the email tile opened to the account that has email on it. Mine always opens to the outlook account which is always empty, but as we all know, unable to be deleted.

Thank you for your hard work. Hopefully you will have the chance to continue working on and improving your great program. I really do love how you have made this program so small.

Last edited:

rcrxda

Oct 13, 2010
I think everybody is waiting on an update...There have been several offers from developers to help but no reply or status of when it will happen..I wonder if I can reflector the exe??? hmmmm..
I have been hanging around you guys reading and learning for a long time and because of this creation by ashiq,i'm posting my first reply.when win7 came out with this last year my first reaction was boy i wish i could program my 2 i920s with these tiles and wal la, ashiq you did a fantastic job.now my friends look at my i920 and ask me if its the new win7....lol again thanks ashiq great job.!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Host V1.5

Host-V1.5-ScreenShots.png

Like i said before, i'm only learning wm programming.. so nothing big..

This is a standalone app. You can customize it to make it look like WP7.

Should work on all screen types (QVGA/WQVGA/VGA/WVGA), other than the square/HVGA ones.

REQUIRES:
    1. WM6.5
    2. .net compact framework 3.5 (usually built into WM6.5 cutom ROMs. if not, u'll need to install it)

still beta...i'll assume no responsibilities...

things to do..
    just install the cab (on device) and run from the start menu.

REMEMBER to uninstall before a new install

i'd recommend all today items to be disabled first (not needed, but saves battery and memory)

New video of Host v1.5:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eO2_AaPe74

Tested on HTC HD2 (ROM: Duttys), HTC Touch 3G (ROM: Megade) and Samsung OMNIA II (i8000) (ROM: Stock 6.5).. dont know how it'll go on other devices..should work on all devices with WM6.5

Condition for use: Leave a comment :)

PLEASE DON'T MIRROR

Known Issues:
    Please report

Remember when downloading: HostV1.5.CAB is the new version. HostV1 and WP7V2.0.CAB are the old ones. if you find V1.5 too heavy for u'r device, u may opt for WP7V2.0.
    (keeping all of them for download)

ChangeLog for Host V1.5:
    1. No confirmation for lockscreen (10 Dec, 2010)
    2. Screen stretched to fit screen if all buttons at the bottom bar are hidden (10 Dec, 2010)
    3. SharePoint and OneNote added in officepage (10 Dec, 2010)
    4. Shortcuts background has been removed (10 Dec, 2010)
    I would love to have a Weather-Hub. Is it possible to realize such a thing?

it will be added.. but pls dont ask for a date..

Ashiq
    I want this program (host 1.5) to start automatically. It's possible?

use total comander. create shortcut of host.exe , copy to windows\startup folder
    I installed a really bare 6.5 rom, it only had media player, and when i tap pictures, it says : program could not be launched.
    can i just assign any program to it or do i need a specific program?

assign it to anything of u'r choice..
    Is this still being supported? I really hope so. Awesome awesome job keep it up.

it is still supported and the project will continue.. but i'm takin a break :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone