[CAB] WP7UI, Standalone for WM6.5 --HOST-- V1.5 (colors) - UPDATED

Search This thread

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
I think everybody is waiting on an update...There have been several offers from developers to help but no reply or status of when it will happen..I wonder if I can reflector the exe??? hmmmm..

i know.. but the thing is i have'nt given up and i do have some plan.. so u'll have to wait if u really want it to be updated..

I wonder if I can reflector the exe??? hmmmm..

should u??

Ashiq

redx.czero

Dec 26, 2009
notification Icons !! and 'STAND ALONE'

I recently installed 1.5 on my xperia x2 and i must say the thing you did with speed of animation is really good,
I have concern about notification icons.. there is no bluetooth icon when its on..there is no notification if my battery is getting charged or not, not about unread SMS or emails,
And one more thing is when i am on the homescreen of host, and i press 'call end' key..it starts behaving bad..then i have to lock the screen and unlock to make it proper.

Well...minor things may be you are already working on..but i must say..it looks gorgeous on my X2 screen..anybody can get confuse at first or even at second look .. is it Xperia X2 ??? hmmm...it can run WP7 !! :confused:

:)

jan_willem

Apr 16, 2008
WP7 on Xperia

Well...minor things may be you are already working on..but i must say..it looks gorgeous on my X2 screen..anybody can get confuse at first or even at second look .. is it Xperia X2 ??? hmmm...it can run WP7 !! :confused: :)

That is a dream come true!! About to buy a X2, just because I love the FF, SE builds the most gorgeous devices of them all (IMHO). I was hoping for a Xperia X7, but that chance was buried after news about MS and SE having some gaming console d!ck waving contest... I couldn't care less about gaming functionality, but I'm afraid I'm part of a minority.

So next best thing I thought, was X2 with WP7 skin, but your post made my day! (not sure how long ago you posted this, I read X2 WP7 and frantically reactivated my account to post! Maybe this is as old news as the death grip form Apple ;) )

Anyway, would you and are you allowed to share this hidden gem with me? Even saw a guy on youtube who had his market place up and running! It seems the old fashioned civil disobedience is back with a vengeance :D Apple does that to ya ;)

Last edited:

jan_willem

Apr 16, 2008
Oh shoot.... this is about a WP7 skin... How thick can one be?!

Sorry for the OT remark!! Too enthousiastic ;)

But if it is the one I saw on YT somewhere, I will definately delve into that option!

zaireen

Sep 7, 2009
I believe this theme is the best among all wp7 theme. Just need to improve a lil bit on new tiles and make it same as real wp7 theme.

Good luck ashiq and we'll waiting for that moment. :)

jack.lazy

Feb 2, 2011
Venice
you are a great

your program is fantastic and works that it is a wonder on my ACER E101 (wm6.5)!
you are a great.

Since the program is running, you may be able to handle a keyboard to replace the std?

JouSePo

Nov 24, 2005
hi!!! can you implement some new features as custom images for hubs, posibility of link to a folder, custom icons for hubs, an option that someone can expands icon to hub size or change position of icon in hub, posibility of set a background image..?¿?¿

Host is amazing!!! Better than trothlelauncher implementations...

Last edited:

Mjuksel

Jan 2, 2011
www.mjxl.net
Jo guys,

i use this "launcher" app on my Blackstone, the animations and everything are very good..

i only have this problem, when i start anything (contacts/email/sms/whatever) i cant exit the programs (contact list/outlook)

there is no X on top and absolutely no way to close it :S

i cant even go back to the home screen..

jjollyroger

Dec 5, 2009
i only have this problem, when i start anything (contacts/email/sms/whatever) i cant exit the programs (contact list/outlook)

there is no X on top and absolutely no way to close it
really strange thing, the X is still there , when you open an app you're in WM and out of host, so pressing the digital clock you should close the app on screen, working good here

jjollyroger

Dec 5, 2009
I found a little bug for ashiqiqbal to solve :p
If I press the "sleep" hardware button or use this softaware http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544016 all is OK... but if I put device on sleep mode with this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544475 standalone sleep softkey (I have a similar one cooked in the ROM ) ,when device is woken up it gives a black screen with only upper and lower bars visible.
I have to swipe left or right and I have the links pages or press start menu icon and when back the homescreen is ok.
really annoying

Last edited:

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
I found a little bug for ashiqiqbal to solve :p
If I press the "sleep" hardware button or use this softaware http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544016 all is OK... but if I put device on sleep mode with this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544475 standalone sleep softkey (I have a similar one cooked in the ROM ) ,when device is woken up it gives a black screen with only upper and lower bars visible.

:) that's not Host but the software that u'r using.. it's not telling the system that it has returned the control back to WM.. so i can't really do anything about it. i've tested with nitrogen which has a soft sleep button as well.. Host works fine with it..

thanks
Ashiq

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
well i cant, even on reboot Host still gets in the way..

i had to flash a new rom again >_> *sigh*

that's sad.. sorry.. but it's definitly a rom specific issue which i cant look into at the moment..the 'x' button is under the control of WM.. not Host.. sorry again..

Ashiq

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Host V1.5

Host-V1.5-ScreenShots.png

Like i said before, i'm only learning wm programming.. so nothing big..

This is a standalone app. You can customize it to make it look like WP7.

Should work on all screen types (QVGA/WQVGA/VGA/WVGA), other than the square/HVGA ones.

REQUIRES:
    1. WM6.5
    2. .net compact framework 3.5 (usually built into WM6.5 cutom ROMs. if not, u'll need to install it)

still beta...i'll assume no responsibilities...

things to do..
    just install the cab (on device) and run from the start menu.

REMEMBER to uninstall before a new install

i'd recommend all today items to be disabled first (not needed, but saves battery and memory)

New video of Host v1.5:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eO2_AaPe74

Tested on HTC HD2 (ROM: Duttys), HTC Touch 3G (ROM: Megade) and Samsung OMNIA II (i8000) (ROM: Stock 6.5).. dont know how it'll go on other devices..should work on all devices with WM6.5

Condition for use: Leave a comment :)

PLEASE DON'T MIRROR

Known Issues:
    Please report

Remember when downloading: HostV1.5.CAB is the new version. HostV1 and WP7V2.0.CAB are the old ones. if you find V1.5 too heavy for u'r device, u may opt for WP7V2.0.
    (keeping all of them for download)

ChangeLog for Host V1.5:
    1. No confirmation for lockscreen (10 Dec, 2010)
    2. Screen stretched to fit screen if all buttons at the bottom bar are hidden (10 Dec, 2010)
    3. SharePoint and OneNote added in officepage (10 Dec, 2010)
    4. Shortcuts background has been removed (10 Dec, 2010)
    I would love to have a Weather-Hub. Is it possible to realize such a thing?

it will be added.. but pls dont ask for a date..

Ashiq
    I want this program (host 1.5) to start automatically. It's possible?

use total comander. create shortcut of host.exe , copy to windows\startup folder
    I installed a really bare 6.5 rom, it only had media player, and when i tap pictures, it says : program could not be launched.
    can i just assign any program to it or do i need a specific program?

assign it to anything of u'r choice..
    Is this still being supported? I really hope so. Awesome awesome job keep it up.

it is still supported and the project will continue.. but i'm takin a break :)