• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[CAB] WP7UI, Standalone for WM6.5 --HOST-- V1.5 (colors) - UPDATED

Search This thread

m4rv1n

Mar 20, 2009
very good work!
i've only one problem, the signal strength isn't dispayed correct, when i've no signal it display intermediate signal strength.
some problem also with shortcut with option (app.exe -option var), i resolved it with double shortcut.

also a suggest/request:
is possible to have a digital clock instead of analog?
is possible to make an option to move object's position without delete and create it?
ther'is a way to add custom icons suitable for the main page?
animation is suitable between page only if use the arrow, would be more beautiful to see also when moving by horizontal sliding

very thanks for your work!

Last edited:

aqualls

Nov 23, 2010
York, PA
Does anyone know how to change default email on this. When I tap the mail tile I go to outlook by default. I would like to use a different account as the default if possible.

Last edited:

atrixuserto

Sep 18, 2011
Hi guys, just come across this for my Acer F900 rumming wm6.5. Couple of issues wont open pictures - states problem loading program. Plus, wont show my Gmails. Any thoughts. Also how do you change the color theme. Thanks

aqualls

Nov 23, 2010
York, PA
Hi guys, just come across this for my Acer F900 rumming wm6.5. Couple of issues wont open pictures - states problem loading program. Plus, wont show my Gmails. Any thoughts. Also how do you change the color theme. Thanks

To change the color theme of live tiles, press and hold on one, edit, change color or app or both, check apply to all similar tiles. To change the color of the start menu tiles, press and hold under the arrow to the right of the live tiles. Also, outlook is default.

Last edited:

Eujin

Aug 16, 2007
I recently got a HTC Touch Pro 2 to stay on Sero. I love this app, and have replaced my today with it forever.

Is there any development still going on? I'd really like to be able to input my own icons someday.

harleycult

Feb 14, 2009
New Delhi
I must say , this has been the best application so far that mimicks the Windows 7 look. I tried the Mskips Proplus, but this one is by far the best indipendent app. I use HTC P3452 (Elfin) with Onyx 6.5x and now clubbed it with this wonderfull app. Thanks a lot...!

Also, I read in many forums and posts, that Windows 7 ROM cannot be used on earlier Windows phone. But I was wondering, if the Windows 7 look can be cooked on the Win 6.5 ROM, complete with dialler skins, in call skins, lock screen etc. That wont be a big deal, looking at such wonderful apps that we have to install over our existing ROM's...maybe someone could give it a thought and come up with Windows 7 ROM for earlier Windows phones.

Thanks to all involved in this amazing project !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Host V1.5

Host-V1.5-ScreenShots.png

Like i said before, i'm only learning wm programming.. so nothing big..

This is a standalone app. You can customize it to make it look like WP7.

Should work on all screen types (QVGA/WQVGA/VGA/WVGA), other than the square/HVGA ones.

REQUIRES:
    1. WM6.5
    2. .net compact framework 3.5 (usually built into WM6.5 cutom ROMs. if not, u'll need to install it)

still beta...i'll assume no responsibilities...

things to do..
    just install the cab (on device) and run from the start menu.

REMEMBER to uninstall before a new install

i'd recommend all today items to be disabled first (not needed, but saves battery and memory)

New video of Host v1.5:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eO2_AaPe74

Tested on HTC HD2 (ROM: Duttys), HTC Touch 3G (ROM: Megade) and Samsung OMNIA II (i8000) (ROM: Stock 6.5).. dont know how it'll go on other devices..should work on all devices with WM6.5

Condition for use: Leave a comment :)

PLEASE DON'T MIRROR

Known Issues:
    Please report

Remember when downloading: HostV1.5.CAB is the new version. HostV1 and WP7V2.0.CAB are the old ones. if you find V1.5 too heavy for u'r device, u may opt for WP7V2.0.
    (keeping all of them for download)

ChangeLog for Host V1.5:
    1. No confirmation for lockscreen (10 Dec, 2010)
    2. Screen stretched to fit screen if all buttons at the bottom bar are hidden (10 Dec, 2010)
    3. SharePoint and OneNote added in officepage (10 Dec, 2010)
    4. Shortcuts background has been removed (10 Dec, 2010)
    I would love to have a Weather-Hub. Is it possible to realize such a thing?

it will be added.. but pls dont ask for a date..

Ashiq
    I want this program (host 1.5) to start automatically. It's possible?

use total comander. create shortcut of host.exe , copy to windows\startup folder
    I installed a really bare 6.5 rom, it only had media player, and when i tap pictures, it says : program could not be launched.
    can i just assign any program to it or do i need a specific program?

assign it to anything of u'r choice..
    Is this still being supported? I really hope so. Awesome awesome job keep it up.

it is still supported and the project will continue.. but i'm takin a break :)