• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[CAB] WP7UI, Standalone for WM6.5 --HOST-- V1.5 (colors) - UPDATED

Search This thread

Symondo

Aug 19, 2010
just found this and tried it out - by far THE BEST WP7 themed app i have found.

Please continue your hard work it looks n feels great!

Suggestions -
Unsure how feasible it'd be but to intergrate the people tile to mimic wp7 menus...

Facebook tile?

If there was an option to choose your default email account it'd also be helpful.

Im goingto leave this as my phone today screen for a while n see how i get on :)

harleycult

Feb 14, 2009
New Delhi
Hey Ashiq!

I just thought of making a note of something’s that could be bettered and some things that could be fixed.

1. We desperately need Screen Lock wallpaper. These days there are some 'Windows 7 Transparent Screen Lock wallpapers' floating around for HTC HD2, but none work for previous Windows devices. If you or someone could take a lead on it and make one for us, it would be a complete package for your application.

2. If you notice the pics below, you can see how I created wallpaper for my HTC P3452 (Elfin) to match my Win 7 theme. However, I am looking for something transparent that can show my phone's today screen when locked, it would look pretty neat that way.

3. The first screen shot is that of my lock screen second is of my today screen and the third has a strange icon popping up when I enter the start menu.

4. If this application could be developed further to mimic Windows 7 menu, in call screen and pretty much most of what a Win 7 phone has, it would meet the eventual goal for us all !

Here is what I use –

Smartphone – HTC P3452
ROM – Onyx 6 Release 14 (Windows 6.5.x)
Windows 7 Boot Skin by – Will have to look for it..file deleted :-(
Dialer & In-Call Skin by - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=395086

With all the above, you could now have an idea of sorts to go further…what say? :)

Regards,

HarleyCult

jgodqa.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/w1y63b.jpg
au6why.jpg
13yph06.jpg

Last edited:

marcusroberts

Jan 1, 2010
www.marcusroberts.net
I really hope development continues here as it is potentially excellent.

If I might just suggest a couple of enhancements:

1. Email goes to a default account if selected
2. Facebook integration
3. Ability to move tiles
4. Miniature pics of fave contacts on people tile

As mentioned, these are not criticisms just my personal wish list.

Thanks for a great effort!

exzer_dean

Dec 26, 2011
Pasay City
Super like!

:cool:This apps maybe posted a year ago but when i was looking at the forum i found this on and i downloaded it immediately...:eek: WOW its beautiful and it amaze me so much... Now im using it with my O2 Atom pure WM 6.5... Super happy

ashiqiqbal hope you could make this as a ROM not only an app so that it could consume less RAM if im right...

You are great..... ;)

marcusroberts

Jan 1, 2010
www.marcusroberts.net
:cool:This apps maybe posted a year ago but when i was looking at the forum i found this on and i downloaded it immediately...:eek: WOW its beautiful and it amaze me so much... Now im using it with my O2 Atom pure WM 6.5... Super happy

ashiqiqbal hope you could make this as a ROM not only an app so that it could consume less RAM if im right...

You are great..... ;)

Same here...just found it and really wish the developer made some very small adjustments. It's a cool app.

_hito_

Jul 29, 2011
karachi
Assalam o alaikum
sorry if this thread had been closed but i've a question from iqbal that the background is black if you please tell me how to change the black background to my wallpaper ...
btw nice program you've made and great effort..

eyeb

Mar 6, 2011
just posting to say I tried all three cabs, none would scroll on the tiles screen :( but programs list scrolls fine.

Running touch pro 2 using a wm 6.1 rom (don't like 6.5) but I have .net 3.5 on rom...

Atomschlumpf

Jan 30, 2011
Duisburg
wow this app is really great :)

It's really fast on my Touch Diamond 2, the animations are smooth and it works without problems.

But it would be great if you could add a custom Lockscreen that matches to the look ;)

mad_a_22

Jan 21, 2010
this is a cool app for WP7...but some links are not available...like soft reset etc..things that can be seen in SPB...if this links are in this nice app please teach me where to access it. model of my phone is omnia

Last edited:

MOOOORE

Jan 31, 2010
Hi man

you are the one

i used the app for more than year now but we waiting for more changes

can u add digital clock ,volume control ,wireless manager and more

as u like

but u still the man

gigios

Nov 26, 2008
I have some problem with this release, somtimes crash and I don't know why :(

The project is still alive?

I'm using an HTC Touch Pro (Raphael) with WM 6.5 rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Host V1.5

Host-V1.5-ScreenShots.png

Like i said before, i'm only learning wm programming.. so nothing big..

This is a standalone app. You can customize it to make it look like WP7.

Should work on all screen types (QVGA/WQVGA/VGA/WVGA), other than the square/HVGA ones.

REQUIRES:
    1. WM6.5
    2. .net compact framework 3.5 (usually built into WM6.5 cutom ROMs. if not, u'll need to install it)

still beta...i'll assume no responsibilities...

things to do..
    just install the cab (on device) and run from the start menu.

REMEMBER to uninstall before a new install

i'd recommend all today items to be disabled first (not needed, but saves battery and memory)

New video of Host v1.5:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eO2_AaPe74

Tested on HTC HD2 (ROM: Duttys), HTC Touch 3G (ROM: Megade) and Samsung OMNIA II (i8000) (ROM: Stock 6.5).. dont know how it'll go on other devices..should work on all devices with WM6.5

Condition for use: Leave a comment :)

PLEASE DON'T MIRROR

Known Issues:
    Please report

Remember when downloading: HostV1.5.CAB is the new version. HostV1 and WP7V2.0.CAB are the old ones. if you find V1.5 too heavy for u'r device, u may opt for WP7V2.0.
    (keeping all of them for download)

ChangeLog for Host V1.5:
    1. No confirmation for lockscreen (10 Dec, 2010)
    2. Screen stretched to fit screen if all buttons at the bottom bar are hidden (10 Dec, 2010)
    3. SharePoint and OneNote added in officepage (10 Dec, 2010)
    4. Shortcuts background has been removed (10 Dec, 2010)
    I would love to have a Weather-Hub. Is it possible to realize such a thing?

it will be added.. but pls dont ask for a date..

Ashiq
    I want this program (host 1.5) to start automatically. It's possible?

use total comander. create shortcut of host.exe , copy to windows\startup folder
    I installed a really bare 6.5 rom, it only had media player, and when i tap pictures, it says : program could not be launched.
    can i just assign any program to it or do i need a specific program?

assign it to anything of u'r choice..
    Is this still being supported? I really hope so. Awesome awesome job keep it up.

it is still supported and the project will continue.. but i'm takin a break :)