[CAB] WP7UI, Standalone for WM6.5 --HOST-- V1.5 (colors) - UPDATED

Search This thread

j0ntown

Jul 24, 2009
When a missed call is encoutered. The phone hub updates the missed call number. but on clicking the phone hub, i'm taken to the Phone window and not the call history window. because of this the number in the hub doesn't go back to 0 and only keeps on increasing with each missed call.

I linked the phone icon to the "calls.exe" from PhonEx and found the number reset to 0 after I closed the calls application. Tested for missed calls and it seems okay. Not pitching PhonEx here, just found the built in dialer and contact list less than thumb friendly. A* would have to confirm but it seems sensible that zeroing out the counter would be part of the "if tile pressed" code in his application.

jaybrad1

Nov 9, 2006
how to edit ST file

contacts - closer to wm7 look:
The xda member who put together the wisbar interface - download WP7Wbar - has images in folder WP7 Wbar\wp7_pecco\_images including five for "people" :D. If you edit those images to your taste, then put in animations folder you can have a nice contact tile with animated squares.
The changes to the ST file are described in an earlier post. My images are QVGA and the ST file calls PhonEx if requested as example for you to change.

jontown which post please.

FeLix_TheDaRk

Sep 19, 2009
Hello to everyone on the forum, I have tested 2 days Host 1.5, but I see more download options ... what is the best of the 3, obviously the host 1.0 is obsolete, but the WP7 2.0??

well I don't have many problems with the Host V1.5 and as I said quite possibly the replacement for the mobile shell... weighs much less.

I have a couple of suggestions:

- More icons to customize, or the option to use our own icons

- Really... need a wireless manager

I congratulate the creator really very good program, to discuss my problems with me no missed calls or the MSG, no emails ... everything works fine and use 8 MB of RAM

Greetings and I hope more of this program

att. FeLix_TheDaRk

kAiZokUmA

Nov 16, 2010
Hello to everyone on the forum, I have tested 2 days Host 1.5, but I see more download options ... what is the best of the 3, obviously the host 1.0 is obsolete, but the WP7 2.0??

"Remember when downloading: HostV1.5.CAB is the new version. HostV1 and WP7V2.0.CAB are the old ones. if you find V1.5 too heavy for u'r device, u may opt for WP7V2.0.
(keeping all of them for download)" (1st Post)

- Really... need a wireless manager

Just Add a Hub and connect it to the CommManager ;)

Panchiron

Feb 2, 2010
Great app! you win the internet!
is there a way to remove the back, start and search buttons at the very bottom of the screen? kinda looks odd on my Topaz with two start buttons and two back buttons.

In the main page, tap and hold on a black area, and then go to settings. There you can hide Search, Start and Arrow buttons.

Greetings!

s910070

May 27, 2010
hi everyone~
in my experience it's too easy to close this program(I using host1.5)
sometimes when I end the call and press End key,meanwhile,host close too
how can I lockup like use a today page?

ashiqiqbal

Mar 26, 2010
to my delight, looks like u guys are playing a lot with Host.. :) .. enjoy while i take an extended break.. but i will give my 2 cents in the discussion as needed..

Ashiq

polac

Nov 23, 2007
Host V1.5

Host-V1.5-ScreenShots.png

Like i said before, i'm only learning wm programming.. so nothing big..

This is a standalone app. You can customize it to make it look like WP7.

Should work on all screen types (QVGA/WQVGA/VGA/WVGA), other than the square/HVGA ones.

REQUIRES:
1. WM6.5
2. .net compact framework 3.5 (usually built into WM6.5 cutom ROMs. if not, u'll need to install it)

still beta...i'll assume no responsibilities...

things to do..
just install the cab (on device) and run from the start menu.

i'd recommend all today items to be disabled first (not needed, but saves battery and memory)

New video of Host v1.5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eO2_AaPe74

Tested on HTC HD2 (ROM: Duttys), HTC Touch 3G (ROM: Megade) and Samsung OMNIA II (i8000) (ROM: Stock 6.5).. dont know how it'll go on other devices..should work on all devices with WM6.5

Condition for use: Leave a comment :)

PLEASE DON'T MIRROR

Known Issues:
Please report

Remember when downloading: HostV1.5.CAB is the new version. HostV1 and WP7V2.0.CAB are the old ones. if you find V1.5 too heavy for u'r device, u may opt for WP7V2.0.
(keeping all of them for download)

Found it useful? Want to support this project? You can

Hi, this works on Niki100?

Kilihari

Nov 26, 2006
Workaround for the issue!

Does no one else has the issues with "Program could not be launched" when you link one of the hubs with Resco Contact Manager programs like Favorites, SMS, Contacts, Call History? I love this UI but I really don't want to use the default windows mobile for that :(

Yeah man, I was having the same problem, so I did what all hackz such as myself do in these types of situations... I used Google to see if there was another way to make a .lnk file to the SMS or MMS service other than :MSINBOX -service "MMS", and there was, just do this "Windows\tmail.exe" -service "SMS" for SMS or "Windows\tmail.exe" -service "MMS" for MMS.

I seems as if command line switches on .lnk files are ok but if you try to do something screwy like :MSINBOX, then you get the error message "Program could not be launched" .... but in fact it is... anyways, do my lil’ workaround thingy and then everything will be all good.

Now time to change some of the icons with JWMD Icon Changer V2.8b for Windows Mobile 6.5 or SK Shortcut Manager for Windows Mobile 6.1 and 6.5. Now the thing is, is I definitely like JWMD better because it is free and being developed here on XDA but it is only for 6.5, also you don't have to have icons in a .dll file, they can be normal icon files. Also SK is not free. But that is beside the point, both are very good programs.

Now... to figure out how to make all of the icons animate hehehehe. :D

**UPDATE** Tried JWMD Icon Changer V2.8b for Windows Mobile 6.5, Host v1.5 didn't pickup the new icon, just used the original. Hmm.. I will try SK.
**UPDATE #2** Tried SK Shortcut Manager, it worked! :eek: Crap, I don't have 10 bucks to my name!! My wife took it all!.... :rolleyes:
-Kili.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Host V1.5

Host-V1.5-ScreenShots.png

Like i said before, i'm only learning wm programming.. so nothing big..

This is a standalone app. You can customize it to make it look like WP7.

Should work on all screen types (QVGA/WQVGA/VGA/WVGA), other than the square/HVGA ones.

REQUIRES:
    1. WM6.5
    2. .net compact framework 3.5 (usually built into WM6.5 cutom ROMs. if not, u'll need to install it)

still beta...i'll assume no responsibilities...

things to do..
    just install the cab (on device) and run from the start menu.

REMEMBER to uninstall before a new install

i'd recommend all today items to be disabled first (not needed, but saves battery and memory)

New video of Host v1.5:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eO2_AaPe74

Tested on HTC HD2 (ROM: Duttys), HTC Touch 3G (ROM: Megade) and Samsung OMNIA II (i8000) (ROM: Stock 6.5).. dont know how it'll go on other devices..should work on all devices with WM6.5

Condition for use: Leave a comment :)

PLEASE DON'T MIRROR

Known Issues:
    Please report

Remember when downloading: HostV1.5.CAB is the new version. HostV1 and WP7V2.0.CAB are the old ones. if you find V1.5 too heavy for u'r device, u may opt for WP7V2.0.
    (keeping all of them for download)

ChangeLog for Host V1.5:
    1. No confirmation for lockscreen (10 Dec, 2010)
    2. Screen stretched to fit screen if all buttons at the bottom bar are hidden (10 Dec, 2010)
    3. SharePoint and OneNote added in officepage (10 Dec, 2010)
    4. Shortcuts background has been removed (10 Dec, 2010)
    I would love to have a Weather-Hub. Is it possible to realize such a thing?

it will be added.. but pls dont ask for a date..

Ashiq
    I want this program (host 1.5) to start automatically. It's possible?

use total comander. create shortcut of host.exe , copy to windows\startup folder
    I installed a really bare 6.5 rom, it only had media player, and when i tap pictures, it says : program could not be launched.
    can i just assign any program to it or do i need a specific program?

assign it to anything of u'r choice..
    Is this still being supported? I really hope so. Awesome awesome job keep it up.

it is still supported and the project will continue.. but i'm takin a break :)