The AOSParadox Project 2.0
What's CodeAurora Forums ?
Code Aurora Forum (CAF) is a consortium of companies with projects serving the mobile wireless industry. Software projects it concerns itself with are e.g. Android for MSM, Femto Linux Project, LLVM, MSM WLAN and Linux-MSM. Code Aurora is basically AOSP plus all Qualcomm specific enhancements and optimization.
What's AOSParadox Project ?
AOSParadox is a vanilla ROM. Our goal is to pick the least amount of commits possible on AOSP code. Why trying to add features, when CodeAurora provide us with chipset's specific sources ?
At the opposite of most of ROMs that you can find, the trees are made by oursleves to be integrated in this new ROM type.
What should I be aware of ?
Everything is custom and made to work with CodeAurora Forum's sources so customs kernels won't boot (ramdisk is different, selinux rules too, ...).
What doesn't work ?
- Tell us
Known bugs and their explanation
- Dual SIM devices
can't use their mobile network unless they convert their userdata partition to "ext4" which will allow them to use 1 SIM slot.Please follow the instruction from this post #703 by @JBCDroid
- Autorotate is broken because the whole sensor API changed in Marshamallow and we can't fix it until Motorola release new proprietary blobs (same deal for dual SIM by the way)
- Manual/Aufocus in Camera app works however, as I hacked the camera blobs to work because we need Camera blobs for Motorola it can be inconsistent. Just restart the app and it will work. I'm running this version since 5 days and I never had any issue around focus
- Video Recording : you need to downgrade your recording resolution to 720p
- Setings / Networks / Radio is force closing. The fix is to temporarly switch System Language to English, do what you wanna do on this settings and revert back to your original langage.
- GPS is fully working. However it doesn't work with mobile datas on but it works without it.
How to install ?
- 1) Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
- 2) Reboot in Bootloader Mode
- 3) Go to "Recovery"
- 4) Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- 5) Wipe Dalvik cache
- 6) Install the ROM zip
- 7) Install the Gapps zip (credits to @vocoderism : gapps-mm-mini.zip and gapps-mm-fix.zip
- 8) Install SuperSU zip
- 9) Reboot
Team AOSParadox Members / Official Contributors
@edisile @Quasar @h2o64 @Thecrazyskull
- device/motorola/falcon : (source) The device tree is fully made by us. The thing that I took somewhere else as the header to reflect this source
- vendor/motorola : (source) We use our own proprietary files.
- kernel/ : (source) This repository is based on F-AOSP
Here is the detailled list of every CM commits used in this ROM :
build : https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_build/commit/91727aff6a03bea861633a03bc79a19d875dabf3 https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_build/commit/00089cd0087bac2e61fff354ea0ef709607454e5 https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_build/commit/29e52f8a873543ee9fdad98c18fceacbe3674b16 https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_build/commit/7d1ddd67ba2d616566f6635d4329232a51db6307 https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_build/commit/a1d71209ce42f01530aa2c3fb89fcc5ca46a41ce https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_build/commit/8df19bb75555782f521bc36feb0271a3bfb5037e https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_build/commit/def12f7a024f0256c7e67f442e6e76f34fc7788f https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_build/commit/8b489fda322b28c0e08a1761996dbfb8aa108a88 https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_build/commit/7248ee992676252c4b7f57fcc22cb13a08be6e37 https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_build/commit/9ce6da9a7bbc3b981abf6a0c5081fc6074afcf89 https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_build/commit/ec7d7a313ca6a32538e5b9b419fd801637dc844b https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_build/commit/367c12521a5e782dc19789280be11c2358fa96d3 https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_build/commit/46ae8da915a7aa13fbaed03be0c1f0286d1d59dd https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_build/commit/9455076b63562644901ba0aeb33e2cf1d7acfddb device/qcom/sepolicy : https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_device_qcom_sepolicy/commit/075da2ab1a3c8bd078fb3fbe8fa5f0f7dedbc7cc https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_device_qcom_sepolicy/commit/67008cb15f871cd2ef4ef18fe6d6cfd6a648681f https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_device_qcom_sepolicy/commit/b0193cf87a0ef5d0c378cf4465d592ce801b8957 framework/base : https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_frameworks_base/commit/5ebafeff0b5e03e3b57a7379ce4efb0ead4e085f hardware/qcom/audio : https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_hardware_qcom_audio/commit/decd63eaaba85af318c0854ef388a21c1d4327a6 https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_hardware_qcom_audio/commit/c1661a0000fd6a660cd9f28f26abd97871a23d31 hardware/qcom/bt : https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_hardware_qcom_bt/commit/2d4f02b2c3fc766e67eafeb8f5ba82b3fee0e622 hardware/qcom/display : https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_hardware_qcom_display/commit/caaf7e43153b70a4b501ecb9bc6b7f00b3d3956a hardware/qcom/keymaster : https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_hardware_qcom_keymaster/commit/7204381b1126d6e996b0fb094976ed8cc51eb73b system/core : https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_system_core/commit/7ba9ff37525f0bc36bf55c2b0466b3004faad854 system/qcom : https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_system_qcom/commit/733c19a3dee254eadebba4cfc0bbeafd004d4c2a https://github.com/AOSParadox/android_system_qcom/commit/48c75f6fbd8bf18e34dbdb560904dbac64b76872
If you want to build the ROM by yourself here is the tutorial.
If you just wanna look at the sources, follow the marshmallow_falcon branch along the Github
[CAF/AOSP][LA.BF.1.1.3-00110-8x26.0][6.0.0][STABLE]AOSParadox Project 2.0 - 20151111, ROM for the Moto G
Source Code: https://github.com/AOSParadox
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Stock Lollipop and/or 41.18 Bootloader
Based On: CodeAurora Forums
Current Stable Version: LA.BF.1.1.1_C5
Stable Release Date: 2015-10-28
Current Beta Version: LA.BF.1.1.3-00110-8x
Beta Release Date: 2015-10-28
Last Updated 2015-11-12