Question Calendar Notification inconsistency

Search This thread

shank1524

May 27, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 3
OnePlus 6
Hello,

I searched for this calendar thing before but I did not find anything similar to this so a new post, so my question is, I have my Google calendar filled with some daily activities and on the time mentioned in that event, I get a notification and it shows on the watch, so these events are created by using recurrence, so the one that comes on the next day is exactly the same, but one day on my watch instead of just a normal notification, I saw a screen similar to when we turn off the alarm but for the event, but just once and never saw it again even though the events are exactly same for all the days, am I missing something? is there a way where I can see that screen every time the event is notified? I think that is a better reminder that just a simple vibration/sound which is same for every other notifications.

shank1524

May 27, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 3
OnePlus 6
Not sure if I follow what you are saying, but my notifications come up with snooze or close (I think) if I have a reminder set.
yes! this is what I want, but I get a simple text notification which is just a normal informative/non-interactive notification, so I got the snooze/close screen once, and I had set an event(like every other activity), I'll check if setting a reminder does the thing.

Update: So I set a reminder and this is how I get a notification, and this is how I get for any event too, but I want that stop/snooze screen instead of a simple notification

Screenshot_20220625_102629_sysui.png

Last edited:
I would start there and check notification settings on the phone. Not really sure what you may have done, but that is where I would start. Check calendar first. Setup a event and see if you can get it to show. I am not sure, but the Samsung calendar app does not show this as a pop-up. Only as a notification.

shank1524

May 27, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 3
OnePlus 6
I would start there and check notification settings on the phone. Not really sure what you may have done, but that is where I would start. Check calendar first. Setup a event and see if you can get it to show. I am not sure, but the Samsung calendar app does not show this as a pop-up. Only as a notification.
Ok, let me check if I can get that screen on the phone first, I'll update you with the results.

shank1524

May 27, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 3
OnePlus 6
tldr; Reminder screen for calendar event only shows up if the watch is not connected to the phone, looking for ways to get that screen to show up when connected to the phone.

I think I found the issue, I was charging my watch and I usually put it on airplane mode while charging so it disconnects from the phone and during the time I was charging it there was one daily event that I had set up on Google Calendar which was due, so when the watch was disconnected, it showed me that stop and snooze screen for that particular event, so I don't know if this counts as a solution that whenever I'll want to see the reminder screen(stop and snooze), I'll have to disconnect my watch and only then it'll show me that screen. I feel that this should be present even if the watch is connected to the phone, after trying to play with some settings I found out that, reminder screen only appears when it is disconnected from the phone
things I tried(Did not work):
- Turned off the notifications from the GC app
- Turned off notifications from the wearable app for GC
both of these settings did not work, will be trying more

edit1

things I tried (did not work):
- Disabling the GC app
- Downgrading the GC app to the native version which came pre-installed with the stock rom of phone.

The reminder screen that is displayed is from Samsung calendar app and when the watch is connected to the phone, I guess it expects the phone to trigger the reminder screen but as I have a non Samsung phone I only have GC which only shows the generic notification as a reminder.

Last edited: