Call dropping after 58.1.A.5.159 update

Search This thread

theskig

Oct 31, 2007
Bugliano - Italy
Sony Xperia Pro-I
Hi folks,

after the last update I have a big problem: when I start a call suddently the signal goes 0 (on both SIMs) and I receive a "no network" error. After a few seconds the signals go back but sometimes I have to wait for 15 or 20 minutes to call otherwise the call drops again.

It happens even when receiving calls.

I have this problem at around 30/40% of calls I try to make and this is very disappointing because I use the phone for work and I do many calls everyday.

A user on an Italian forum had the same problem two updates ago, he told me that he solved after a reset of the phone. I'm desperate now, tomorrow it's holiday in Switzerland so I think I will do it.

NOTE: It's strange nobody on internet is talking about this problem... It's only me? 😞

Last edited:

beachbloke

Aug 5, 2014
Having the same issues with this build.
I have the HK dual sim, which I flashed the SEA firmware onto last year.
I'm having to go back to my old phone until this is resolved, I have missed several calls because of it. I tried a factory reset, which seemed to clear it up for a short while, but the problem came back.

Reactions: theskig

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
Same problem here. After the update of

51.1.A.5.159​

I cannot receive or place calls
I cannot receive or send messages

IF I am inside a building. The network goes from 2 bars to 0 when I try to call. If i go outside of the building the cellular network is stronger (full) and calls are going through. I suspect there's something wrong with the baseband maybe? Which is what I was trying to search for yesterday. Was wondering if the current baseband for Android 11 is new or maybe it is the old one from Android 10?

Regardless, I can wholeheartedly say that Android 11 has basically shattered the signal strenght on this device to the point of making it useless. Now I can use it as a multimedia device... weeeheeeee.... Buy a premium device they say, it will be worth it, they say. Never had this issue on any of my Oneplus devices. Shame on Sony!

(btw my phone has the international software, not the HK one. using it on one single sim- XQ-AT-51).

theskig

Oct 31, 2007
Bugliano - Italy
Sony Xperia Pro-I
The italian user told me now he's fine, the problem didn't came back.

Tomorrow I have a Switzerland holiday, I'm going to reset the phone to try to fix the problem.

Thanks for answering my question, it seems I'm not the only one with this problem. It's a pity there's no more official Sony forum to discuss these issues.

Reactions: 1ceb0x

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth

Tomorrow I have a Switzerland holiday, I'm going to reset the phone to try to fix the problem.

Thanks for answering my question, it seems I'm not the only one with this problem. It's a pity there's no more official Sony forum to discuss these issues.
Please do let us know how you get going. I too wanted to perform a factory reset but I've postponed it in case I could find some answers on the internet.

theskig

Oct 31, 2007
Bugliano - Italy
Sony Xperia Pro-I
Please do let us know how you get going. I too wanted to perform a factory reset but I've postponed it in case I could find some answers on the internet.

The phone is now restoring the backup from Google but this evening I don't think I will make a single call.

Tomorrow at work I will stress it (usually I make 1h of calls everyday, using both SIMs), and give you the results. Cheers!

Reactions: 1ceb0x

theskig

Oct 31, 2007
Bugliano - Italy
Sony Xperia Pro-I
Same problem here. After the update of

51.1.A.5.159​

I cannot receive or place calls
I cannot receive or send messages

IF I am inside a building. The network goes from 2 bars to 0 when I try to call. If i go outside of the building the cellular network is stronger (full) and calls are going through. I suspect there's something wrong with the baseband maybe? Which is what I was trying to search for yesterday. Was wondering if the current baseband for Android 11 is new or maybe it is the old one from Android 10?

Regardless, I can wholeheartedly say that Android 11 has basically shattered the signal strenght on this device to the point of making it useless. Now I can use it as a multimedia device... weeeheeeee.... Buy a premium device they say, it will be worth it, they say. Never had this issue on any of my Oneplus devices. Shame on Sony!

(btw my phone has the international software, not the HK one. using it on one single sim- XQ-AT-51).

The thing I noticed is that the call drops when switching network from 4G to 2G. Expecially on my Italian SIM, i have a weak 4G signal in my office (1-0 bars) but I have a full 4 bars 2G signal. Before this update when I start a call you can clearly see the signal bar going from 0-1 to full 4 meaning the phone switched to 2G. After this update it was impossible to place a call from my office on my italian SIM because it fails in that 4G/2G switch.

I put that SIM in "GSM only" and I had no issues in managing calls. It's unpractical but works.

The problem is worse on my Swiss SIM (the one I use for work) that has no 2G coverage, so I leave it in 5G/LTE/WCDMA/ecc ecc and hope the best. But I see some switch happens even there ranging from 0-1 to 3 bars (I think is 4G/3G switch. I don't have 5G or 2G coverage in my office). So I can't do anything to avoid the issue, that happens randomly but it's quite frustrating

Kristianstanciu

May 17, 2021
(...)Same problem on HK. Does anyone think that the problem will be solved with an update? Sony flagship haha. The gsm signal was much weaker than the former P20pro before .... 178. Now ..... disaster. I think the only asset Remaining that you can read "network unavailable" on a 4K screen

danielrusu

May 23, 2021
Oradea, Romania
Please try to use only one SIM until new updates.
I have the same issues but with only one it works fine.

Do we have any news about a new update so far ?

Have a good day!

theskig

Oct 31, 2007
Bugliano - Italy
Sony Xperia Pro-I
Today the 58.1.A.5.222A update arrived, I tested the phone and seems to be OK, tomorrow I will test it harder during the workday.

PS: since two weeks I was using my old XZ Premium and the 1 II was resting in the drawer. So sad. I tried to flash another firmware but I had errors on Flashtool and newflasher. Nothing worked wtf.

theskig

Oct 31, 2007
Bugliano - Italy
Sony Xperia Pro-I
After a working day in my office with many calls on both SIMs (a place where the problem was at its best as wrote before) I can confirm you the update completely solved the problem.

So thanks to everybody for the support, I hope you'll also be able to fix it with this update.

So far mine seems much better after the latest update 58.1.A.5.222.
Here's hoping it was a temporary glitch.

"Temporary glitch" un par di balle*: 3 weeks with my old XZ Premium, and the actual flagship "Xperia 1 II" in the drawer! And resets, backups, restores, tests, copying gigabytes of data from and to the phone, hours of trying to flash other firmwares and receiving only errors...

* https://forum.wordreference.com/threads/par-di-balle.1875980/

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
Today the 58.1.A.5.222A update arrived, I tested the phone and seems to be OK, tomorrow I will test it harder during the workday.

PS: since two weeks I was using my old XZ Premium and the 1 II was resting in the drawer. So sad. I tried to flash another firmware but I had errors on Flashtool and newflasher. Nothing worked wtf.
I got the same software number and my problem still persists. Thank you for updating the thread with your findings. Glad to hear yours is working now.

Jaroslav285

Nov 25, 2011
Hello everyone, I faced the same issue on my device after updating to the software version mentioned by author, I've fixed the issue by flashing .280 software for SEA customisation. Original one was HK. So, now I'm able to use my phone as usual. Hope this tip will help somewho. Good luck with your devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks,

after the last update I have a big problem: when I start a call suddently the signal goes 0 (on both SIMs) and I receive a "no network" error. After a few seconds the signals go back but sometimes I have to wait for 15 or 20 minutes to call otherwise the call drops again.

It happens even when receiving calls.

I have this problem at around 30/40% of calls I try to make and this is very disappointing because I use the phone for work and I do many calls everyday.

A user on an Italian forum had the same problem two updates ago, he told me that he solved after a reset of the phone. I'm desperate now, tomorrow it's holiday in Switzerland so I think I will do it.

NOTE: It's strange nobody on internet is talking about this problem... It's only me? 😞
    Having the same issues with this build.
    I have the HK dual sim, which I flashed the SEA firmware onto last year.
    I'm having to go back to my old phone until this is resolved, I have missed several calls because of it. I tried a factory reset, which seemed to clear it up for a short while, but the problem came back.

The phone is now restoring the backup from Google but this evening I don't think I will make a single call.

Tomorrow at work I will stress it (usually I make 1h of calls everyday, using both SIMs), and give you the results. Cheers!
    The situation is maybe worse than before.

I don't remember if is it possible to downgrade. Xperifirm? Still works with new phones?

Otherwise I have to use my old XZ Premium because I have so many issues at work.