Call Logs/history not working after MIUI 11 Update .

Search This thread

kaustubh12345

Nov 15, 2012
nagpur
Hi,
I just received the OTA update for MIUI 11. After the update the call logs or call history is not getting recorded. I tried other apps same issue.
Is anyone else facing this issue? If yes anyone got the solution to it?

Aaka2019

Nov 21, 2019
In Redmi K20pro , I installed the Miui 11 update OTA, however post the update, my cal

In Redmi K20pro , I installed the Miui 11 update OTA, however post the update, my call logs are not showing, anyone please help, suggest ?
I turned on all the dialer app permissions plus reinstalled the Miui 11 update, but still call logs not showing.
Please suggest / help anyone ?

Wisdom242

Nov 23, 2019
Xiaomi K20/K20 Pro Mi 9T MIUI 11 Call logs not visible : Factory Reset

Hey,
After MIUI 11 update ( MIUI 11.0.1 Stable), for some of the users call history is not getting saved or logged.
This occurs after you go into:
Settings > Privacy > Permission Manager > Call logs > And then remove Contacts and Dialer. This also automatically removes Yellow Pages.

After that, no call history is saved and recorded call logs are also erased.

The problem persists even after you enable the permissions for Call logs for Contacts and Dialer and Yellow Pages.

The only solution that I know is doing a factory reset. After that, call history will get saved and be accessible. After resetting, don't mess with those settings again as you will face the same issue again.

Thank you.

ssleo

May 29, 2020
a simple fix

having the same problems on my mi9t pro
my fix is to enable "Yellow Pages" access to Call logs..

Settings > Apps > Manage apps >
enable "show all apps" and search for "yellow pages"

Sep 2, 2020
How to fix this issue on redmi phones

I updated my phone to the latest security patch for aug 2020and after the update in my redmi note 7 pro the contact names were not showing in my my dialer but contacts were stored in the phone and i found a fix for it as most of you hav heard of doing a factor reset which is very inconvenient.
The fix is
Open contacts >> three dots on the upper right>> settings>> more>> rebuild index data

Once it will be rebuilt the issue will be fixed
Thank me by following me on instagram ;) - oye_its_shikhar

Skkanta

Sep 24, 2020
In redmi k20 pro, miui12. 0.2

Redmi k20 pro, miui 12. 0.2 updated, but while incoming calls names are not showing, please help me anyone know it.

hokhler

Oct 21, 2011
Hi,
I'm using mi10 miui12.
Call history stoped working.
Tried to rebuiled index data but "orgenize contacts" does not exsist on my setting menu!!!
Help please

hokhler

Oct 21, 2011
Hi,
I'm using mi10 miui12.
Tried to rebuiled index data but it does not exsist on my setting menu!!!
Help please

hokhler

Oct 21, 2011
Hi,
I'm using mi10 miui12.
Tried to rebuiled index data but it does not exsist on my setting menu!!!
Help please

mearjunsha

Sep 8, 2016
Kolkata
here is the solution that worked for me. open settings - apps - show system apps from 3 dot menu on the top right corner - search contacts storage - grant call log permission - done.

stewiebezzy

Nov 5, 2012
nairobi
I cleared the dialer data, then went to settings, accounts, removed the email linked to my phone, restarted my phone and then added my email back for sync. It worked, twice actually

Arpit4984

Apr 26, 2021
100% working solution.
This solution contains 3 methods to solve the issue completely.

1. Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on MI Logo -> 3 dot line on Top Right -> Download the Latest Package(While the package downloads, do not use your phone at all, even put it on airplane mode, and connect to Wifi to avoid any calls).

This should take care of the problem, as most probably the issue would be because the update patch encountered some minute error while installing. If the above doesn't resolve your issue, only then go to step 2.

2. Settings -> Apps -> Manage Apps -> Phone Services -> Clear data -> Clear all data. (don't worry, it won't erase any of your call logs or any stored information/ history).

If step 1 & 2 don't resolve your issue, only then go to step 3.

3. Open Contacts -> 3 Dot Icon -> Settings -> More -> Rebuild Index Data.

If the above 3 steps don't solve your issue, then high chances are that either you have to provide some call permissions, otherwise you cannot resolve it manually. Take it to the nearest authorized MI service centre.

Please like and upvote if you find it helpful.

thehypn0toad

May 18, 2021
Settings > Apps > Manage apps > Show all apps > Reset app prefrences

This will reset all prefrences for:
  • Disabled apps
  • Disabled app notifications
  • Default apps
  • Background data restrictions for apps
You will not lose any app data.

I'm using MIUI Global 12.0.2 Android ver. 9 on Redmi S2 and that was the working solution for me, for both contacts and call log not working.