• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Call quality issues with new Pixel 4a...is this a known issue?

Search This thread

ckelly33

Dec 25, 2008
MartinTN
I have a new Pixel 4a and when I am on a call, the people I'm talking to complain of a microphone vibration. It is worse the more loudly I speak. I traded it in today for another at Best Buy and the new one is better but has the same issue - is this a known issue with the 4a? Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot?

jmtjr278

Mar 8, 2012
I have a new Pixel 4a and when I am on a call, the people I'm talking to complain of a microphone vibration. It is worse the more loudly I speak. I traded it in today for another at Best Buy and the new one is better but has the same issue - is this a known issue with the 4a? Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot?
Had the phone since launch. Never had anyone complain of this issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Nope; had mine since launch. Possibly a later batch issue.

acejavelin

Recognized Contributor
Sep 3, 2009
Lincoln, ND
We have a launch model, and one I just got a week or so ago after having to wait a few weeks for it to be restocked... No one has mentioned any audio issues on either device.