Call Recorder

Search This thread

_ReBoot_

Nov 2, 2008
Moscow
Call Recorder from a line works now!

Works only on froyo. I am test it on 3.4.2-155-2. Do not work on eclair(android 2.1), phone does not boot after install. Do not work on Gingerbread.

1) Install from CWM attached zip
2) Install Total Recall Call Recorder, you can use another program, but i test on this. Used codec mp4

All calles from a line are successfully written. Records your voice and a voice of the caller

Files for library are taken from the Chinese fimware JDGC_U6_1.11.0
Thanks we tell forceg from 4pda.ru, the idea was his.
Files from library
original message

To turn off bip every 10 seconds, open the keyboard and press any button.

Here's blurphone (record button in dialer) and stuff ported from chinese ROM Use with care! Tested on 131-177 firmwares.
Only en/ru translations.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=553215&d=1301222733

Attachments

• call_record.zip
    190.7 KB · Views: 3,302
Last edited:

xdaid

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2009

Works only on froyo. I am test it on 3.4.2-155-2. Do not work on eclair(android 2.1), phone does not boot after install.

1) Intal from CWM attachment zip
2) Install Total Recall Call Recorder, you can use different program, but i test on this. Used codec mp4

All calles from a line are successfully written. Records your voice and a voice of the caller

Files from library
original message

Thank you.

So, what makes all the call-recorder apps fail on non-China froyo was the lack of those libraries.

unrafa

Dec 17, 2008
Galicia
LineageOS
i was looking for this for a long time! i even installed 1.11 CN to have call recording.... please can you tell us if you call someone, is the "beep" present every 10 secconds?

Thanks a lot!!

fritolays

Dec 29, 2010
Great White North
Ok I can confirm that yes this works on CEE 3.4.2-155-002; and yes still beeps every 10s.

Thanks for finding root of the issue. Yes unrafa, it will be in the next version heh.

unrafa

Dec 17, 2008
Galicia
LineageOS
Im ready to flash barebones yeah! lol
im glad to see this solved finally ; now the beep really goes against the core values of personal choice and freedom.

Aside that, very good news thanks!

xdaid

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 12, 2009
Ok I can confirm that yes this works on CEE 3.4.2-155-002; and yes still beeps every 10s.

Thanks for finding root of the issue. Yes unrafa, it will be in the next version heh.

What would be cool it would be the whole chinese dialer ported on CEE 3.4.2-155, so we'll have the built-in record button.

I'll stay tuned on your barebones, and, in the meanwhile i will try that by myself :)

fritolays

Dec 29, 2010
Great White North
What would be cool it would be the whole chinese dialer ported on CEE 3.4.2-155, so we'll have the built-in record button.

I'll stay tuned on your barebones, and, in the meanwhile i will try that by myself :)
Ya I'm looking into that too. Might be a future version, but I think it can be done. It install's fine, opens but closes instantly (not a force close). So its more a matter of finding all the dependencies. But like I've said peeps waiting on v1.3 so that first (tomorrow this time it will be up).

racca

Jun 4, 2009
replacing those libs is kind of a solution, except that you need
3rd party software, which is so annoying.

galaxy had similar solution, but they do have a working phone.apk
could some one look into this where i'm stuck at, please?

ps. i actually posted the reqiured libs (all credits go to the galaxy
people who found out which libs to relpace) a month back in another
thread (Pays ROM, I think). But it seems not many were interested,
at least not for the blurphone.apk part.

Last edited:

unrafa

Dec 17, 2008
Galicia
LineageOS
More annoying is the beep every 10 sec :( Call recorders are plenty in the market but the phone keeps sending this horrible beep every time no matter what app you use to record :-\

Reactions: bombitout

snath83

Dec 13, 2010
Thanks to _ReBoot_!

I am trying out the app now, seems like if you keep the record setting to 'None' and initiate the recording manually then the Beep sound is eliminated.

Some minor bugs:
- If you click on the notification panel icon then it starts recording, but then when you try to play the file, no sounds are reproduced (this is done when calls are not on -going, during actual calls it works just fine)
- While saving the file when performing the step listed just above, the file name appends the last called contact name (if contact name is available).

Apart from that too good an app, very nice recording, the speaker recording was awful and the volume was inconsistent. Thanks again!

unrafa

Dec 17, 2008
Galicia
LineageOS
I cant believe that after so many tests i have done (really i have like 50 calls to 123 free customer service) , are you sure you actually have a 2 way call record without beeps?

Which Rom / Recorder did you use?

Last edited:

bombitout

Sep 4, 2008
confirm working on defy with orange poland rom 2.2, i use androcorder with default settings, imo a bit better quality than total recorder but it still beeps....

Reactions: xdaid

lefedor

Jun 21, 2009
works well on 3.4.3-11 pays 5.0. each ~9second beep exist, but it is quiet enough and not bothers.

zhoukaifdl

Sep 11, 2009
Hi guys, I own a Italian Defy MB525 for 10 days, I've flash the official finland froyo 2.2 (3.4.2.-145), and install the totallRecall, I could only record the incoming voice with a slight beep, now I've installed the audio lib with recovery zip installing 10 minuts before without cache wiping, just reboot, trid to make a couple call, to my surprise now I can record both incoming also outcoming voice with NO BEEP. I think I will not flash no other further version rom, this works just for me.

unrafa

Dec 17, 2008
Galicia
LineageOS
Are you sure? sometimes it doesn't beep because its not recording and you only realize it when you see there's no file. Are you sure you have a recording with no beeps?
Did you flashed a 3g fix or baseband?

Last edited:

unrafa

Dec 17, 2008
Galicia
LineageOS
Stupidest workaround for continuous beep found!

Just press any number!! When recording is running press any number and there won't be any beeps during the call.

Just found it by accident

Last edited:
Reactions: bombitout

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Works only on froyo. I am test it on 3.4.2-155-2. Do not work on eclair(android 2.1), phone does not boot after install. Do not work on Gingerbread.

1) Install from CWM attached zip
    2) Install Total Recall Call Recorder, you can use another program, but i test on this. Used codec mp4

Files from library
    original message

To turn off bip every 10 seconds, open the keyboard and press any button.

Here's blurphone (record button in dialer) and stuff ported from chinese ROM Use with care! Tested on 131-177 firmwares.
    Only en/ru translations.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=553215&d=1301222733
    Oh hi i ported your recorder

Here's blurphone and stuff ported from chinese ROM, use with care! Tested on 131-155 firmwares.
    Only en/ru translations.
    More annoying is the beep every 10 sec :( Call recorders are plenty in the market but the phone keeps sending this horrible beep every time no matter what app you use to record :-\
    confirm working on defy with orange poland rom 2.2, i use androcorder with default settings, imo a bit better quality than total recorder but it still beeps....
    Stupidest workaround for continuous beep found!

Just press any number!! When recording is running press any number and there won't be any beeps during the call.

Just found it by accident