• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Call Recording Apps Poll

Which app works better without low volume ??

• call recorder skvalex

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

GunnyHighway82

I am planning to buy

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G SM-G7810 Dual SIM 8GB/256GB to be used in uk with 2 sim.​

I have currently a mate 20 that has built-in the call recording .
Due to my work I need the call recording because help a lot with note.

Now.
I cannot root the device because it seems I will lose upgrade and also I cannot use bank apps.
I cannot change the CSC for the same reason and it create issue with play store I think.

The only way it is the app.
In previous phone this kind of app have issues with low volume of the person calling or no recording also.
Also they not record automatically .

So which apps are you using and it works

I found out the sometime the apps from the galaxy store works

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Wrong,
I use ACR (NLL) from Galaxy store, and it works perfectly. It is only necessary to accept all required permissions.
OK excluding 1st party apps then... think it's as of android 10 google removed an API for it.

is call recording still allowed where you live ?
I can't see Samsung offering that app in places where it's outlawed

maxx_hr

Nov 4, 2008
Brdovec
Good question as well, could you try as well?
Google has not removed the API, as the ability to record calls, starting from Android 10 for countries where it is not prohibited is still present. But ACR from the Galaxy store (not Google play) uses a workaround for that (maybe with Samsung's permission or support). This can also be seen from version: ACR version 35.0-samsung-unChained.
BTW, and in my country is not allowed to record calls (EU) unless the invited person is notified that they are being recorded.
So neither does my S20FE, out of the box, have the ability to record calls.

maxx_hr

Nov 4, 2008
Brdovec
From your link:

ACR Unchained version 32.9 or above is required. Google Play version of ACR will only record silence. This is because Google Play Store's terms prevents us from using a special service needed to record calls on Android 10.

So we can use ACR version 35.0-samsung-unChained from Galaxy store (with special service needed...).

Which model do you have? International or Hong Kong?
My model is International Exynos, SM-G780F/DS, purchased in the EU, made for the EU market.

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
you already posted that, the link was more about the things you said hadn't happened, even though you mentioned they had to be worked around.

Last edited: