Call recording on Mi Note 10

Search This thread

bigoliver

Aug 22, 2011
Bridlington
www.ostones.co.uk
Edits:
1.Call Recording is working fine, without root, via 3rd party apps (well at least when using Call Recorder by Skvalex, I assume other apps will also work)

2.Call recording continues to work with Android 10 update.

3.Sample call recording here..

https://drive.google.com/file/...HPa32vfcLHgb/view?usp=drivesdk

[Q] Please would someone with a global/EU rom, kindly confirm if call recording is possible.
Ideally I want flawless, in line call recording via a 3rd party app and without root.

I have used Call Recorder by Skvalex perfectly on my LG G2, G4 and my current G6. I'm hoping it'll work with this phone too.

I'm pretty sure call recording is possible via root, but I've not rooted a phone since my HTC Desire! If I did decide to root the phone, would it be a difficult/long job? I was put off when I read it can take a week to simply unlock the bootloader!?

I'd be extremely grateful for any info on call recording.

Many thanks,

Oliver

Last edited:

bigoliver

Aug 22, 2011
Bridlington
www.ostones.co.uk
No root needed. Skyvalex works great on my Global Mi Note 10 Pro.

Excellent! That'll save me a lot of messing around.
As I understand it, my regular version is the same spec and hardware as your Pro, except for less ram, less memory and one less lens in the main camera (108mp,) none of which should affect the call recording.

I very excited about recieving the phone, it looks great.
Thank you for your reply

grd549

Jul 29, 2016
Global rom, EEA rom, russian rom = You can't
Indonesian, Chinese rom = You can
EU custom rom = You can

If you use just global rom, you can't.

bigoliver

Aug 22, 2011
Bridlington
www.ostones.co.uk
No messing, call recording simply works

I can confirm that my Global, Mi Note 10 (bought directly from Xiaomi UK) can record calls perfectly with Skvalex's Call Recorder app.

No root, no mods, I simply downloaded the call recording app and it worked. 2 way recording with perfect volume on both sides.

svetlio359

Sep 21, 2014
Yes i tryed it it record calls but only from earpiece
From bluetooth can't

Probably because the earpiece is too close to microphone and make records

bigoliver

Aug 22, 2011
Bridlington
www.ostones.co.uk
Yes i tryed it it record calls but only from earpiece
From bluetooth can't

Probably because the earpiece is too close to microphone and make records

I've only tried via standard calls, and changing to and from speaker phone. Both was perfect records.
If I get change I'm try with a Bluetooth device and post my findings (sometimes a setting needs changing)

svetlio359

Sep 21, 2014
i know the xiaomi dialer have call recorder in it
but when install it can't mace calls at all just stop work
as i know china rom use mi dialer
so must be a way to install it separate with google dialer and us it as default dialer with call recording function

bigoliver

Aug 22, 2011
Bridlington
www.ostones.co.uk
For those who need call recording, I can confirm that it still works after the Android 10 upgrade yesterday.

I was promted to make a change to accessibility in settings, which I did, but it didn't seem to affect anything. Call recording worked the same before and after changing the setting.

Here is a sample recording:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mw37z6PoURab5h_xWHF4HPa32vfcLHgb/view?usp=drivesdk IMG_20200522_095310.jpgIMG_20200522_095530.jpgIMG_20200522_095507.jpgIMG_20200522_101420.jpg

Sent from my Mi Note 10 using Tapatalk

QAM

Jun 3, 2008
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hola
I use the call recorder function on all my phones, I should say I make sure that call recording works. Even though third party call recording app, like Skvalex call recorder, works on Xiaomi phones, as others have mentioned it is limited to only speaker phone... usage of any Bluetooth ear phones / headsets do NOT work properly. Hence there are only a few alternatives:
1. Using the Xiaomi built-in call recording function. I can't understand why Xiaomi doesn't allow their dialer to simply have the feature enabled globally across all of their devices. Or at least give us more technically savvy folks a method of installing their home made dialer (with the built in call recording function) on our devices!
2. Root. I am forced to buy phones that I can root with Magisk so that Skvalex type app work without issue.
3. A backup method. Using a VoIP service that has call recording function available. Issue with this is that you're usually forced to use the traditional call back feature when you're initiating the call, and if someone calls your direct mobile number then you're stuck with no call recording function. Using a VoIP app on the phone can work but quality is never as good as traditional cellular mobile calls.

Reactions: bigoliver

bigoliver

Aug 22, 2011
Bridlington
www.ostones.co.uk
Yeah Bluetooth recording doesn't work, but speaker phone and regular calls record really well. As shown in my sample recording.

I'm tempted to root my phone, but don't want to void warranty yet.
Fortunately I don't use Bluetooth when in calls, my wife uses Bluetooth when driving so I can see that could be a deal breaker for some.

Chapi Chap

Jan 12, 2017
"Call Recorder - SKVALEX (Trial)"
Why Trial? Is there a full version?

To be more specific, is there a free call recorder that works properly?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No root needed. Skyvalex works great on my Global Mi Note 10 Pro.
    Hola
    I use the call recorder function on all my phones, I should say I make sure that call recording works. Even though third party call recording app, like Skvalex call recorder, works on Xiaomi phones, as others have mentioned it is limited to only speaker phone... usage of any Bluetooth ear phones / headsets do NOT work properly. Hence there are only a few alternatives:
    1. Using the Xiaomi built-in call recording function. I can't understand why Xiaomi doesn't allow their dialer to simply have the feature enabled globally across all of their devices. Or at least give us more technically savvy folks a method of installing their home made dialer (with the built in call recording function) on our devices!
    2. Root. I am forced to buy phones that I can root with Magisk so that Skvalex type app work without issue.
    3. A backup method. Using a VoIP service that has call recording function available. Issue with this is that you're usually forced to use the traditional call back feature when you're initiating the call, and if someone calls your direct mobile number then you're stuck with no call recording function. Using a VoIP app on the phone can work but quality is never as good as traditional cellular mobile calls.
    Would you please give me link of recorder
    Sure...

https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/org.skvalex.cr

Netflix and Prime working in Germany and my banking app said by the first start that my phone is rooted and it's not secure. :p
    I'm on Xiaomi eu 20.6.18, because is running good and the stable version is near.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

I never knew that, thanks. That's really good of Xiaomi.
    I don't doubt the article, but it would be nice to read that first hand, direct from Xiaomi, does anyone have a link?
    I found only this
    https://www.xda-developers.com/xiao...tloader-unlocking-does-not-void-warranty/amp/