Question Call Recording

Search This thread

jbl0ggs

Dec 5, 2011
Is there a way to enable the native Google call recording feature on a USA Samsung S21?

shansmi

May 1, 2007
DFW
I have read over this thread. I see lots of folks from countries outside the US having success getting call recording to work. I have not seen anyone from the US have any success with this. Did I miss a post or is the US still SOL thanks to california lawyers @ google? I was hoping this was back in Android 12 since google said they would restore the APIs for this in A12. Sounds like I may be staying on my locked Note 9 devices for a while until they get their crap together.

superflyboy

Aug 26, 2006
I have read over this thread. I see lots of folks from countries outside the US having success getting call recording to work. I have not seen anyone from the US have any success with this. Did I miss a post or is the US still SOL thanks to california lawyers @ google? I was hoping this was back in Android 12 since google said they would restore the APIs for this in A12. Sounds like I may be staying on my locked Note 9 devices for a while until they get their crap together.
I just installed Cube Recorder on an unlocked S21 Ultra (SM-G998u1) I bought directly from Samsung - seems to work on the few calls I placed on it...

Mckpj

Apr 9, 2022
Hi!

Is there any solution without rooting for good quality call recording on S21 Ultra?
Okay, i know it google disabled this function since android 9/10. But on Mate20Pro there is an apk thats working on android 10 with good quality,recording microphone and incoming voice.
Every apps i tried works only on microphone side. Incoming voice is weak and bad quality, its only recorded through microphone if you set up the volume.
Any solution? Thanks!
I downloaded the Indonesian Firmware and used Odin to flash the firmware to my phone, I then set up my phone and opened the phone app and went to settings where I found Record Calls in the menu, it works perfect. I tried many other firmware's but the Indonesian XID was the only one that worked. Well worth resetting my S21 Ultra 5G for... here is a link to the firmware I used https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-G998B/XID
I live in the UK, my phone is unlocked and I use 3 Network. Turn off WiFi Calling or Recording will not work.

Here is the link to the exact Firmware that I used:

samfw.com

Download Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G SM-G998B (XID) G998BXXU4CVC4 in Samfw - Samsung firmware download

Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G SM-G998B (XID - Indonesia) G998BXXU4CVC4 S(Android 12) samsung firmware download all model, lastest, fast update, completely free and fast speed in Samfw.com ✅
samfw.com
samfw.com

hope this helps.

Reactions: lord_k

Lukasek112

Nov 17, 2008
using samkey you don't have to change the csc code. I got it. From DBT I will change to XID without deleting the data

puredp1

Apr 29, 2014
using samkey you don't have to change the csc code. I got it. From DBT I will change to XID without deleting the data
Okay any instructions how to do that please? I have Galaxy s20 ultra with Android 12 and now that apps won't work anymore after 11 May thanks to Google.... I really want to enable my native call recording. I understand I have to buy samkey and then how is all the process please let me know

lord_k

Apr 23, 2022
Okay any instructions how to do that please? I have Galaxy s20 ultra with Android 12 and now that apps won't work anymore after 11 May thanks to Google.... I really want to enable my native call recording. I understand I have to buy samkey and then how is all the process please let me know
Maybe this video can help you, t's a great guide:

I'It's in italian, you can obviously enalbe the subtitles in english (translated by Google, but if you follow the steps, it's not necessary, I belive).

Doublelist

Aug 16, 2019
I just want to input that you can always just plug in a toscam recorder to the USB port using an adapter and set the toscam to audio interface and hit record. Not only will you record the audio but your outgoing audio will go through sounding amazing. 😅
(I personally use the h5 model)
Just Google Toscam audio recorder.

Reactions: lord_k

superflyboy

Aug 26, 2006
I just installed Cube Recorder on an unlocked S21 Ultra (SM-G998u1) I bought directly from Samsung - seems to work on the few calls I placed on it...
Now I see that my ACR Cube is not recording the other party when making WiFi calls - normal network calls have both sides being recorded.

Anyone know how to solve this issue?

And if the India firmware has native call recording, does it also have the WiFi calling option - and if so, does it record both sides of the Wifi calls?

Last edited:

lord_k

Apr 23, 2022
Now I see that my ACR Cube is not recording the other party when making WiFi calls - normal network calls have both sides being recorded.

Anyone know how to solve this issue?

And if the India firmware has native call recording, does it also have the WiFi calling option - and if so, does it record both sides of the Wifi calls?
Don't know about the first question, but about the second one, no, the wifi calling option is not present (but you can use some other rec call app for those calls).

lord_k

Apr 23, 2022
Anyone know which app works?
I don't have your phone model, by the way:

- I don't know if you have yet installed a firmware that enable call recording (Indian, indonesian, ukraine or some other). If yes, you should be able to record wifi calls even with the app that you are using now (ACR). In this case, if you have difficulty, check in the app settings;
- If ACR it doesn't work, try this app: https://acr.app/
- And of course, try the app skvalex (maybe is the best): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ne-calls-from-the-phone-line.1441643/page-471

And read here, soon Google will remove al the app that are made for call recording (but don't worry): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ng-not-available.4435567/page-4#post-86826673

Last edited:

dr.David

Jun 27, 2014
Hello,

I have a S21 SM-5998B/DS with SW info:
SAOMC_SM-5988_OXM_12_0010
CSC ORO/ORO, ORO/EUX/ORO

To what CSC can I change in order to activate the default call recorder?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm here to report that thanks to @carlitobahsoun I was able to get native call recording working.

The steps are as follows.

1. Download the Indonesian firmware. You can download it from Sammobile here and I uploaded it to MEGA here
    2. Download Odin tool. from same page on Sammobile or MEGA here
    3. Unpack both files.
    4. Run Odin and attach the files on the right side as shown in the attached image. Note, in the CSC field, If you want to keep your data and not format your phone use HOME_CSC. To format it use CSC_.
    I used HOME_CSC.
    5. Put the phone in DFU mode. While the phone is unplugged and adequately charged and completely off. Plug the USB to your PC, then hold both volume buttons and then plug the USB .
    6. Click Start. It will take some time and should say Pass in green color and it will reboot automatically.

That's it.

Odin3_v3.14.4_KJhmugWLRl.png
    thank you so much for the tip, guys! went from GLB csc (Philippines/Globe) AUE1 to XID/XTC (Philippines/open line) AUE1. now i have call recording! just had to debloat some Indonesian-specific apps afterwards. everything works and recording is clear from both ends. curiously, i never got the pop-up asking to keep current carrier settings

Screenshot_20210527-111328_Call settings.jpg

image (1).png

PS/Btw,
    1. here's a list of XID apps that i uninstalled. perhaps others can add to this
      • com.samsung.android.rajaampat
      • com.srin.fakfak
      • com.srin.indramayu
      • com.srin.garut
    2. XID home_csc seems a lot smaller (no more than 200mb, iirc) than most of the same base (AUE1, ~1gb). is that all bloat?!?
    3. if you're flashing just the home_csc from XID, i think it's important that the XID FW version you are flashing matches the one on your device. so if you're still on AUDA, it's safer to flash XID AUDA home_csc instead of XID AUE1. would be glad to know if others have successfully tried flashing a newer home_csc to a device with an older FW
    I am also in your situation, I tried to flash with ODIN firmware THL but nothing to do, the phone always remains with csc OMN, unusable for me without call recorder, thanks for suggesting a solution.
    the only solution for me till now , is to flash XID home csc that will not wipe ur mobile .
    i have exynoss s21 ultra , my csc was MID/MID/MID/XSG
    now its XID/XID/XID/XSG
    i got ota update.
    and my csc was oxm multi csc .
    xid not multi csc its OLE csc .
    that why it work for me , THL not work coz its multi oxm csc same xsg or mid so will nit change till u use THL sim card.
    Just found this video in YouTube and can't believe but it actually works:
    the only solution for me till now , is to flash XID home csc that will not wipe ur mobile .
    i have exynoss s21 ultra , my csc was MID/MID/MID/XSG
    now its XID/XID/XID/XSG
    i got ota update.
    and my csc was oxm multi csc .
    xid not multi csc its OLE csc .
    that why it work for me , THL not work coz its multi oxm csc same xsg or mid so will nit change till u use THL sim card.
    your suggestions seem to work, I want to thank you infinitely