Question Call Recording

Search This thread

nixnixnixnix4

Mar 15, 2021
What, in general, would I have to do to my G998-U1 S21 Ultra to enable call recording.
I don't need specific details.

Sithlordpt

Feb 19, 2009
Yes, but after wipe data Samsung Pay doesn't work and maybe something else too

I think it works but you need to clean application data and use VPN. Portugal doesn't have samsung pay so it connects to samsung servers to check if you are in a supported country or not. The trick is similar to what you need so you can use Good Lock.

GeorgiaHarris

Apr 12, 2021
Hi!

Is there any solution without rooting for good quality call recording on S21 Ultra?
Okay, i know it google disabled this function since android 9/10. But on Mate20Pro there is an apk thats working on android 10 with good quality,recording microphone and incoming voice.
Every apps i tried works only on microphone side. Incoming voice is weak and bad quality, its only recorded through microphone if you set up the volume.
Any solution? Thanks!
How is Blackbox Call Recorder?

kkoonrad

Jan 10, 2020
Have you tried Skvalex Call Recorder? Lots of people recommend it, although I haven't decided yet myself.
Can anyone confirm that it actually works properly? Not through the internal microphone. Does it work without root?
If it would work like that then I wonder why so much trouble.

Reactions: denzel09

ravnov

Sep 20, 2006
Hi, i read all thread. I don't have S21 Ultra, but Note 10+, but i believe procedure is the same.

f i have branded phone, with software:
SAOMC_SM-N975F_PLS_PLS_RR_0003
PLS/PLS,PLS/PLS
version number: RP1A.200720.012.N975FXXU6FUCD

Can i flash XID, and activate call recordings? Do you know is XID also single CSC in Note 10+?
And if i will download firmware, i need to put all files to phone, or single HOME CSC via odin?

Thank You.

thank you so much for the tip, guys! went from GLB csc (Philippines/Globe) AUE1 to XID/XTC (Philippines/open line) AUE1. now i have call recording! just had to debloat some Indonesian-specific apps afterwards. everything works and recording is clear from both ends. curiously, i never got the pop-up asking to keep current carrier settings

Screenshot_20210527-111328_Call settings.jpg

image (1).png

PS/Btw,
  1. here's a list of XID apps that i uninstalled. perhaps others can add to this
    • com.samsung.android.rajaampat
    • com.srin.fakfak
    • com.srin.indramayu
    • com.srin.garut
  2. XID home_csc seems a lot smaller (no more than 200mb, iirc) than most of the same base (AUE1, ~1gb). is that all bloat?!?
  3. if you're flashing just the home_csc from XID, i think it's important that the XID FW version you are flashing matches the one on your device. so if you're still on AUDA, it's safer to flash XID AUDA home_csc instead of XID AUE1. would be glad to know if others have successfully tried flashing a newer home_csc to a device with an older FW

Last edited:

denzel09

Jun 28, 2009
Teheran
SKVALEX works perfectly! No need to change CSC.

Are you sure? What csc you have? Are you rooted?
I have an eu csc, no root, all stock and i have tried both SKVALEX and Call Recorder from Play Store but i can't listen what the other person says, the sound of voice is so so low that it's impossible to hear. What setting do you have used in Skvalex?

Reactions: zaffar.mughal

timofonic

Hi, Following @carlitobahsoun guide, i'm happily to say that ive manage to get the native call recording function.
Except for some scare due to USB port loose during Odin downloading, the process is brief.
Anyway i downloaded the newest Indonesia firmware from Sammobile and flash all the files and use the HOME CSC to maintain all the data.

However i think by flashing all firmware (I'm from Malaysia), i wont get the OTA update later. I've experienced this when i flashed Indian firmware on my Note 10+ (Of course to get the Call Recording function- But not working) and there was no OTA until i checked in Sammobile the Indian firmware already got updated 4 times.

I'm from Spain. I want (and NEED) native call recorder, not annoying software thjat ALWAYS fail in one way or another. I also can't mute my microphone because the other side doesn't get recorded, for example. Bluetooth never worked for me too.

SKVALEX or Cube ACR has issues. No app has no failures at call recording. I tried tons of apps, I'm not a developer but a very stubborn user. Please stop doing astroturfing.

Do I need to install full ROM from Indonesia (XID) only to get full call recording (both manual and automatic)?

Or does it work by only installing home_csc? I see lots of speculation and experimenting, but not a clear answer about this.

Can it be possible to modify my home_csc to support these features?

Do I need to unlock the bootloader to change home_CSC and/or the rest of the ROM?

Does CSC change removes other features such as slower 4G and 5G connections or whatever?

Any brave soul willing to do a proper sticked post about call recording? Even better if other about CSC stuff, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: overdom

zdzdz

Jul 21, 2013
Even on the new S21U USA U1 Unlocked model?
I would like to ask the same question. I also have SM-G998U1 which is the international version with SD 888.
Is it possible to flash the HOME CSC files discussed here? Or are they Exynos only?
Is there a specific CSC with call recorder for SnapDragon versions?

I'm here to report that thanks to @carlitobahsoun I was able to get native call recording working.

The steps are as follows.

1. Download the Indonesian firmware. You can download it from Sammobile here and I uploaded it to MEGA here
2. Download Odin tool. from same page on Sammobile or MEGA here
3. Unpack both files.
4. Run Odin and attach the files on the right side as shown in the attached image. Note, in the CSC field, If you want to keep your data and not format your phone use HOME_CSC. To format it use CSC_.
I used HOME_CSC.
5. Put the phone in DFU mode. While the phone is unplugged and adequately charged and completely off. Plug the USB to your PC, then hold both volume buttons and then plug the USB .
6. Click Start. It will take some time and should say Pass in green color and it will reboot automatically.

That's it.

View attachment 5209189

Thanks.
It works!
I just tried this with the new bootloader for S21 Ultra

gpap2004

Aug 12, 2007
The only solution is only one : bye credits through SamKey and change CSC to THL . There are many guides for that in XDA .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm here to report that thanks to @carlitobahsoun I was able to get native call recording working.

The steps are as follows.

1. Download the Indonesian firmware. You can download it from Sammobile here and I uploaded it to MEGA here
    2. Download Odin tool. from same page on Sammobile or MEGA here
    3. Unpack both files.
    4. Run Odin and attach the files on the right side as shown in the attached image. Note, in the CSC field, If you want to keep your data and not format your phone use HOME_CSC. To format it use CSC_.
    I used HOME_CSC.
    5. Put the phone in DFU mode. While the phone is unplugged and adequately charged and completely off. Plug the USB to your PC, then hold both volume buttons and then plug the USB .
    6. Click Start. It will take some time and should say Pass in green color and it will reboot automatically.

That's it.

Odin3_v3.14.4_KJhmugWLRl.png
    thank you so much for the tip, guys! went from GLB csc (Philippines/Globe) AUE1 to XID/XTC (Philippines/open line) AUE1. now i have call recording! just had to debloat some Indonesian-specific apps afterwards. everything works and recording is clear from both ends. curiously, i never got the pop-up asking to keep current carrier settings

Screenshot_20210527-111328_Call settings.jpg

image (1).png

PS/Btw,
    1. here's a list of XID apps that i uninstalled. perhaps others can add to this
      • com.samsung.android.rajaampat
      • com.srin.fakfak
      • com.srin.indramayu
      • com.srin.garut
    2. XID home_csc seems a lot smaller (no more than 200mb, iirc) than most of the same base (AUE1, ~1gb). is that all bloat?!?
    3. if you're flashing just the home_csc from XID, i think it's important that the XID FW version you are flashing matches the one on your device. so if you're still on AUDA, it's safer to flash XID AUDA home_csc instead of XID AUE1. would be glad to know if others have successfully tried flashing a newer home_csc to a device with an older FW
    I am also in your situation, I tried to flash with ODIN firmware THL but nothing to do, the phone always remains with csc OMN, unusable for me without call recorder, thanks for suggesting a solution.
    the only solution for me till now , is to flash XID home csc that will not wipe ur mobile .
    i have exynoss s21 ultra , my csc was MID/MID/MID/XSG
    now its XID/XID/XID/XSG
    i got ota update.
    and my csc was oxm multi csc .
    xid not multi csc its OLE csc .
    that why it work for me , THL not work coz its multi oxm csc same xsg or mid so will nit change till u use THL sim card.
    the only solution for me till now , is to flash XID home csc that will not wipe ur mobile .
    i have exynoss s21 ultra , my csc was MID/MID/MID/XSG
    now its XID/XID/XID/XSG
    i got ota update.
    and my csc was oxm multi csc .
    xid not multi csc its OLE csc .
    that why it work for me , THL not work coz its multi oxm csc same xsg or mid so will nit change till u use THL sim card.
    your suggestions seem to work, I want to thank you infinitely
    Does xid firmware have (caller id and spam protection)?

Yes it does. I believe it is powered by Hiya.